Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBMC Frodo Beta2 Neon Android 1080p HW + DTS MK808 (How To and Download)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC Frodo Beta2 Neon Android 1080p HW + DTS MK808 (How To and Download)

XBMC Android HD Playback Setup by lewy20041

http://adf.ly/G2smd
    Download in movie discription on youtube and on my website
    http://adf.ly/G78Xk. Have fun

-Unpack playercorefactory.xml, for MX Player Pro or the one for Mx Player free.
    -Transfer the files over to your device.
    -Install XBMC.apk through a file manager.
    -If you want to play movies from NAS/FTP you need to install cifs manager and mount your shares as internal disks, after that go to XBMC click on Video>Add Source>Root File System>mnt> and choos your HDD.
    -Return to the file manager and Copy playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings.xml. Navigate to Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata and copy PlayerCoreFactory.XML there.
    -If you want Xperience skin for XBMC just install System>Add-ons>Install from zip file>External storage>repository.blacks and then go to System>Add-ons>Blacks Repo>Skin>Xperience1080.
    -If ou want dts sound extract the files from the mx_dt_scodec.rar and copy them to your device Sdcard then, in MX Player, Go to Settings -> Decoder, scroll all the way to the bottom, and tap Custom codec.
    Then, select the folder containing the codec files you copied over and tap OK. MX Player will then close, and after you restart it you should be ok.

Lewy20041
    Last edited by lewy20041; 12-18-2012, 15:18.
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

I read you install but I'm having trouble fallowing the simplify guide.
    Could you make a video step by step instructional break down.

Got lost at.. Transfer the files over to your device.... where? What folder location.
    Also... install cifs manager and mount your shares as internal disks.
    How do you do this? I got the app cifs manager installed. But don't know the path to
    link to computer. I'm on a Mac btw... so its different on sharing volumes? Mount point?
    I need a walk through if possible.
    Thanks

Comment

Is this specific to the MK808, or would this process work for other RK3066-based chips (ie, the iMito MX1)?

Comment

This will work on any stick regardless of chipset.

The DTS pass through will only work if you have hardware to decode the DTS signal once it leaves the device, i.e. a good stereo deck with HDMI in and out so you can plug the HDMI cable from the android stick to the stereo then to the TV.

lewy20041, I do have one question for you. Will the DTS codec also work on for AC3? I have been trying like crazy to my AC3 out to my stereo so I can get my full surround sound back. This is literally the only thing that is left for me to do to get my full HTPC functionality going and kill off the power hungry HTPC once and for all.

Thanks for the guide!

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
          This will work on any stick regardless of chipset.

The DTS pass through will only work if you have hardware to decode the DTS signal once it leaves the device, i.e. a good stereo deck with HDMI in and out so you can plug the HDMI cable from the android stick to the stereo then to the TV.

lewy20041, I do have one question for you. Will the DTS codec also work on for AC3? I have been trying like crazy to my AC3 out to my stereo so I can get my full surround sound back. This is literally the only thing that is left for me to do to get my full HTPC functionality going and kill off the power hungry HTPC once and for all.

Thanks for the guide!
          i dont know... mayby. try it and post back if it working
          ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by ApocalypseSticks View Post
            Is this specific to the MK808, or would this process work for other RK3066-based chips (ie, the iMito MX1)?
            almost all tabet/phone with android should work. in video discription are links for neon and no-non devices.
            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by userx View Post
              I read you install but I'm having trouble fallowing the simplify guide.
              Could you make a video step by step instructional break down.

Got lost at.. Transfer the files over to your device.... where? What folder location.
              Also... install cifs manager and mount your shares as internal disks.
              How do you do this? I got the app cifs manager installed. But don't know the path to
              link to computer. I'm on a Mac btw... so its different on sharing volumes? Mount point?
              I need a walk through if possible.
              Thanks
              i dont have much time now but im not saying i dont do next video.
              -transfer the files to sdcard
              -just gogle "manage shares with cifs manager on mac" andmayby you will find an answer. my Nas is ranning linux and my pc is on windows so i cant know for sure:'
              -mount the shares wherewer you want just later in xbmc specyfy the path. the defult is \mnt\cifs\
              ApkFreak

Comment

sounds cool, but the file is not there anymore...

This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.

Comment

the files are still there. i just checked. but i give you another link anyway
                  http://www.putlocker.com/file/4A9898DC39ED3A25 try now
                  ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                    the files are still there. i just checked. but i give you another link anyway
                    http://www.putlocker.com/file/4A9898DC39ED3A25 try now
                    thanks Lewy20041
                    Have downloaded the file.

I just got my MK808, and Im new on this AndroidTV stuff, (not new on Linux at all)
                    will you answer this? Please.
                    Do I have to install Finless rom or this can run on unrooted stick?

thanks again
                    Leo

Comment

Originally posted by leoave View Post
                      thanks Lewy20041
                      Have downloaded the file.

I just got my MK808, and Im new on this AndroidTV stuff, (not new on Linux at all)
                      will you answer this? Please.
                      Do I have to install Finless rom or this can run on unrooted stick?

thanks again
                      Leo
                      You need root for cifs to mount the shares from your pc or nas. If you will be using sdcard or usb hdd then you dont need root but i strongly recomend you to get the finles rom and kizs karnel from my other video on youtube. The 720p is faster but 1080p is not bad to:-)
                      ApkFreak

Comment

@ Lewy20041

Thanks for the guide, I have installed XBMC many times before and never had any problems getting it to use MX player

But on the Frodo B2 version XBMC still uses its own default player (no H/W video decoding) even after following your guide

1 install MX player Free
                        2 Install XBMC apk
                        3 Install cifs and mount my nas drive
                        4 Run XBMC and have it look for my nas movie drive which it finds no problem
                        5 Exit XBMC
                        6 Access internal SD card and copy paste playercorefactory to Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
                        *also copied the advancesettings to userdata as well (never did that before)
                        7 Launch XBMC and play a 720p MKV

It's still using the default XBMC player

Have I missed something obvious, The above always worked on the NEON pre Frodo builds

Comment

Hi John, on your point 6, where is the playercorefactory.xml file, I've downloaded and unzipped but see no trace of it or am I missing the bleeding obvious.... I've not got MX player installed yet as I prefer BSplayer but would like to give XBMC neon a try...

Regards
                          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by no1john View Post
                            @ Lewy20041

Thanks for the guide, I have installed XBMC many times before and never had any problems getting it to use MX player

But on the Frodo B2 version XBMC still uses its own default player (no H/W video decoding) even after following your guide

1 install MX player Free
                            2 Install XBMC apk
                            3 Install cifs and mount my nas drive
                            4 Run XBMC and have it look for my nas movie drive which it finds no problem
                            5 Exit XBMC
                            6 Access internal SD card and copy paste playercorefactory to Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
                            *also copied the advancesettings to userdata as well (never did that before)
                            7 Launch XBMC and play a 720p MKV

It's still using the default XBMC player

Have I missed something obvious, The above always worked on the NEON pre Frodo builds
                            in xbmc video did you added path to /mnt/cifs. mx wil not work with network shares until they are mounted as internal.
                            try pressing "c" on your keyboard and select play movie with or some similar i dont remember for sure. then secect mp player and post back if it worked for you
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by bluepeter View Post
                              Hi John, on your point 6, where is the playercorefactory.xml file, I've downloaded and unzipped but see no trace of it or am I missing the bleeding obvious.... I've not got MX player installed yet as I prefer BSplayer but would like to give XBMC neon a try...

Regards
                              Peter

unrar also MX Player (Free-Pro).rar and inside are 2 zips for mx pro and free. select the one you need and unzip it to. thats the playercorefactory.xml is;p
                              ApkFreak

Comment

Working...
                              X