Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Hi,

at the moment I try to compile a kernel base on your .config for recovery.img.
    I only find instructions where the 'CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE' is set to the cpio and at mkbootimg there is a "fake"ramdisk gz...
    But at your .config you use "" at 'CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE'.
    Is it a different way and you use at mkbootimg the real cpio? Or how do you handle it?

THX
    Read this:

and this

Comment

THX
      But that is not my "core" problem, sure there are the kernel (not compressed) and the initramfs at the recovery.img BUT it seems so, there are two different way to "design" the "structure" at the recovery.img:
      1.) kernel + initramfs
      2.) kernel inkl. the inintramfs + because of that the "fakeinitramfs" (it is empty)
      And you use way 1.)
      I think way 1.) is like kernel.img & boot.img at NAND and way 2.) is like boot.img includes also a kernel at NAND...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

THX
        But that is not my "core" problem, sure there are the kernel (not compressed) and the initramfs at the recovery.img BUT it seems so, there are two different way to "design" the "structure" at the recovery.img:
        1.) kernel + initramfs
        2.) kernel inkl. the inintramfs + because of that the "fakeinitramfs" (it is empty)
        And you use way 1.)
        I think way 1.) is like kernel.img & boot.img at NAND and way 2.) is like boot.img includes also a kernel at NAND...
        I use "1)", 2) may work or maybe not. Never tried it, as 1) works. If you want to do it diffrently - find some guide how to do it or discover it yourself. Still it is waste of time, as 1) woks for sure and 2) will not give you any advantage.

Comment

no no, I want to do your way 1.), but I only want to understand the difference (and ofcause explain it at my HowTo "VI) Different devices / kernels" I'm working on (ofcause every time with big THX to you and the other guys ))...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

My first working kernel at my first working recovery.img
            (System starts up and mount linuxium-ubuntu-rfs)

But I find out, that your Image (kernel) is a little bit smaller than mine.
            Is it because of your own toolchain (instead of the 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc')?
            And I got some warnings during compilation...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Re: Linux for RK3188 based TV boxes

Compilations warnings are usual, don't worry a lot for them.

leolas
              sent from my phone.
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Activation HW Acceleration on RK3188 (links)

Hello !
                Suggest a link for activation HW Acceleration for Mali on RK3188:

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

It works!
                Last edited by Alex---Sh; 03-20-2014, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex---Sh View Post
                  Hello !
                  Suggest a link for activation HW Acceleration for Mali on RK3188:

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

It works!
                  Ok that is great, I will try it, but WFT i see message here in english and same message in mail notification in russian???

Comment

Ethernet of TR42 (B351 V2.0)

Does anyone finally get ethernet of TR42/B351 (V2.0) work?

Comment

swap

Hi,

at your post #268 I see, that you use ~291MB at your SD for swap.
                      => 31611420672 / 61741056 = 512 Byts/Sektor
                      => 60548985 61741055 596035 = 596035 * 512 = 305169920 Byte => ~291MB

Is it used automatically by the kernel or do you have to mount it via /etc/fstab?
                      I'm asking because at e.g. Ubuntu (linuxium) at restart I see a message with something like that: 'Disabling swap...'

Greetings
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hi,

at your post #268 I see, that you use ~291MB at your SD for swap.
                        => 31611420672 / 61741056 = 512 Byts/Sektor
                        => 60548985 61741055 596035 = 596035 * 512 = 305169920 Byte => ~291MB

Is it used automatically by the kernel or do you have to mount it via /etc/fstab?
                        I'm asking because at e.g. Ubuntu (linuxium) at restart I see a message with something like that: 'Disabling swap...'

Greetings
                        Linux doesn't need swap to work, but it is good idea to have at least some amount.
                        I guess that number "291MB" came from "what is left on device after creating other partitions as round numbers"

In order to use swap you need swap partition or swap file, created as swap - e.g mkswap /dev/xxxx
                        or mkswap file_name (file must be created first - usualy with dd)
                        Then you need to run swapnon /dev/xxxx
                        If you have it in your /etc/fstab, then it is mounted automaticaly at boot.
                        e.g:
                        /dev/xxx swap swap defaults 0 0

Comment

ecryptfs

Hi,

next problem

I tinker a little bit with ubuntu (linuxium) (btw: I hate this unity, because missing so much...instead of gnome)...

I try to encrypt user home directory:
                          Code:
                          sudo apt-get install ecryptfs-utils
                          sudo adduser --encrypt-home
                          =>
                          Code:
                          ERROR:  Cannot get ecryptfs version, ecryptfs kernel module not loaded?
                          YES it isn't at your ko-package...

Now I find
                          Code:
                          https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188/tree/master/fs/ecryptfs
                          So I think I can compile it by my self, but how do I have to do it?
                          Only 'make' at the subfolder?
                          Learning by doing,... ok, asking

Greetings
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Ok, generally my problem was, that I'm working on a 'clean/fresh' system and because of that, of cause no compiled kernel exist, so the files 'modules.builtin' and 'modules.order' doesn't exist too, so the
                            Code:
                            mkdir 01_out_mod_fw
                            make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=01_out_mod_fw
                            couldn't work...

Specially it seams so, that nobody try to compile a kernel for rk3066 or rk3188 that support 'ecryptfs' and it seams so, that this is not exist at the '.config' ...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Next problem (or problem befor) perhaps someone have a helping hand:
                              I can not compile modules...
                              I use alok github (git clone git://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188 ) with mmm123 config...
                              with
                              Code:
                              make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2
                              I do not get *.ko's
                              Because of this the
                              Code:
                               make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=01_out_mod_fw
                              couldn't work, so I use
                              Code:
                              make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 modules
                              and get this output
                              Code:
                                CHK     include/linux/version.h
                                CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
                              make[1]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
                                CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
                                Building modules, stage 2.
                                MODPOST 173 modules
                              ERROR: "GetSNSectorInfo" [drivers/bluetooth/vflash.ko] undefined!
                              make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
                              make: *** [modules] Error 2

PS -------------

I was hoping that the modules.order is use by the
                              Code:
                              make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 modules
                              and kick out the
                              Code:
                              kernel/drivers/bluetooth/vflash.ko
                              kernel/drivers/bluetooth/hci_uart.ko
                              kernel/drivers/bluetooth/btusb.ko
                              kernel/drivers/bluetooth/btsdio.ko
                              but it is not the fact, because I get the same error, then I delete the modules.order and get the same error...
                              Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 03-26-2014, 17:20. Reason: modules.order
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

BTW: It seams to be a problem with your ".config" !!!

Same procedure with Galland git and at the end of compiling with
                                Code:
                                make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2
                                too:
                                Code:
                                  LZMA    arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.lzma
                                ERROR: "GetSNSectorInfo" [drivers/bluetooth/vflash.ko] undefined!
                                make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
                                make: *** [modules] Error 2
                                make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
                                  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
                                  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/decompress.o
                                  SHIPPED arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.S
                                  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.o
                                  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.lzma.o
                                  LD      arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
                                  OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
                                  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
                                ich@ich-VirtualBox:~/RK3188/SRC/Galland/Linux3188$
                                BUT
                                if I use the "standard" '.config' at the git-clone (and the needing initramfs (git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/Galland/rk30_linux_initramfs.git initramfs; cd initramfs; cp initramfs-3.0.36+.cpio initramfs.cpio)) everything is fine... compiling till the end including the *.ko's...

????
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X