X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taki View Post
    ----------------------
    DEZ
    I compiled latest media_build for your device kernel 3.10.0 rk3288. I add alot of modules (becuse I dont know Whic modules use your tuner. but af9035 patch ok in c file.) init.d script. if it works after you delete no need modules . re prepare init.d script. you device must be use two kind fw files That I add firmware
    [ATTACH]9774[/ATTACH]
    only copy and paste
    system/lib/modules copy to system/lib/modules
    system/etc/firmware copy to system/etc/firmware
    system/etc/init.d copy to system/etc/init.d
    good luck I wait your feedback
    Thank you for your work taki.

I will try it when I get home tonight and let you know how it works out.

I'm attempting to compile these modules and add other things myself using the latest firefly rk3288 sdk.

Using make menuconfig to add the dvb drivers etc and and the arm-eabi toolchain (4.6), just having a few problems with some commands.
    When I get this sorted out, I'll try to write a simple procedure so anyone who wants to try it themselves can.

TVHeadend should work very well with a more powerful SoC like the RK3288.

Comment

rk3288 lubuntu and raspery pi of linux uses diffrent kernel. no load rasper pi modules to mk902 linux. I try to say that first you had confirm your tuner works on linux. after look Which modules loaded for your tuner with terminal emulator. later we can make android driver for mk902.
      ok , taki , I think I understand what needs to be done . I will try to install a Linux distribution in my rikomagic to make the process and find the modules that are needed. thanks for your help ...

Comment

good luck I wait your feedback
        Sorry to say that the dvb_usb_v2.ko file just makes my box keep rebooting.
        It looks like that file is the main/only problem.

How are you cross-compiling these drivers?

Maybe I should try to with my set up.

Comment

delete this line
          insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-core.ko
          insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-pll.ko

rikomagic kernel dont work somtime with v4l driver. but must be work
          ----------------

sam321 explained before first topic http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-and-tvheadend

"This is how to cross compile video4linux
          1: download the kernel source https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchip-rk3188-generic
          2: find your .config
          3: compile the kernel
          4: set up your built environment
          5: download video4linux git clone --depth=1 git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
          6: in the terminal type "make download untar"
          7: then to cross compile "make menuconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/path to your toolchain/ SRCDIR=/path to your kernel source code/"
          8: choose what drivers you want to build
          9: make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/path to your toolchain/ SRCDIR=/path to your kernel source code/ "

(look this topic http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/...8-beelink-r89/ )
          open terminal goto your kernel source
          for examle ubuntu user "dez"
          your kernel source /home/dez/rk3288sdk
          arm-eabi toolchain (4.6)
          your compiler source /home/dez/arm-eabi-4.6
          open terminal
          write sudo su
          write pass
          goto
          cd home/dez/rk3288kernel
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk#
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk#TOOLCHAIN=/home/dez/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi-
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk#make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN rockchip_box_defconfig
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk#make menuconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN (select your dvb tuner and save exit)
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk#make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN kernel.img -j8
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk#ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN make modules -j8
          at end of
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/rk3288sdk# cd ..

v4l linus media driver compile
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez#git clone --depth=1 git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez# cd media_build
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/media_build#make download untar (wait minutes)
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/media_build#make menuconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/home/dez/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi- SRCDIR=/home/dez/rk3288sdk
          select What you want dvb driver, save and exit
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/media_build#make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/home/dez/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi- SRCDIR=/home/dez/rk3288sdk
          everting ok and look /home/dez/media_build/v4l folder copy ko driver modules to usb or etc. copy fyour android device
          everthing okey

s2liblianian

unzip
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez# cd s2liblianian
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/s2liblanian#make menuconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/home/dez/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi- SRCDIR=/home/dez/rk3288sdk
          select What you want dvb driver, save and exit
          root@dez-virtualbox:/home/dez/s2liblianian#make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/home/dez/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi- SRCDIR=/home/dez/rk3288sdk
          everting ok and look /home/dez/s2liblianian/v4l folder copy ko driver modules to usb or etc. copy fyour android device
          everthing okey
          Last edited by taki; 01-14-2015, 09:48.

Comment

may be error based linux media driver. I merge s2liblanian af9035. no has your tuner line. thus add patch and recompile

Comment

Thanks taki.

I'll try to cross-compile and see how it goes.

I didn't know how to compile only the drivers.

My winfast tv stick is a bit strange. Linux TV says that it should be an AF9033 and 2 x IT9135, but the one I have definitely has a IT9137 and a IT9133.

I also have an old Sony PlayTV DIB0700 tuner I will try as well.

Comment

Try my compiled modules. No use init.d load manuel with terminal. I think some modules to crash system. I have error like you with dvb-usb.ko video 4 linux driver. Bux exactly must be work. Becaus your Error: Driver 'dvb_usb_it9135x' is already registered, aborting........

Comment

Try my compiled modules. No use init.d load manuel with terminal. I think some modules to crash system. I have error like you with dvb-usb.ko video 4 linux driver. Bux exactly must be work. Becaus your Error: Driver 'dvb_usb_it9135x' is already registered, aborting........
                  There's a good chance the firmware I'm using (Beelink R89 111k4) doesn't support init.d http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post270523

This would explain why I have to load 01DVBS manually each time.

I'll change to a different firmware, try your init.d script and your compiled modules.

It is definitely worth making this work.

Comment

init.d script=auto load modules or binary exec start or other What you want on boot start. I no use init.d script. I add and modified some line on my boot.img. perfectly works like dvbreceiver. First you find to indentify your tuner on android system. no need to you know init.d at this time.

Comment

Hey folks,

just a warning from my side: I want to repeat what taki said.
                      Don't start off with an init.d script unless it has proven to work when started manually!

You might run into a boot loop which makes it hard to remove the script from your init.d folder. Unfortunately, I was incautious and thought about that too late and and had that problem. After some fiddling I just reflashed my image to restart with a fresh install.

@taki: could you explain what the individual modules are for?
                      I'm talking about
                      Code:
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-core.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-pll.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-usb.ko force_pid_filter_usage=1
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/stv0900.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/stv090x.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/stv6110.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/stv6110x.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/rc-core.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-usb-ttusb2.ko
                      insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-usb-technisat-usb2.ko
                      some modules cause my box to restart, I will post a log later.

Bye

Comment

I can only start this script manually unless I re-compile.....and I won't do that until I'm sure the drivers/modules work properly.

Init.d scripts don't load at boot with the firmware(s) I've been using. Older ones might be different.

Those modules are mostly USB DVB stick chipset drivers.

I think rc-core is a remote control driver for a DVB stick.

Comment

android system=Operating system. unfortunately android not has all plug and play device driver. but that is open source like linux. thus need What device you want to use that you have to add needed driver (modules). Device producer not know What you use their plug and play device on. thus user or devoloper recompile driver for requirement.
                          Firts identify your device chip. later serach linux driver. after compile to for android. that may be very easy somebody.

init.d script dont harmfull android system. but you add command line init.d script unsutable driver for kernel. system start after error (dont start). I said that first used manuel insmod command for load modules.

coma
                          @taki: could you explain what the individual modules are for?
                          I'm talking about

that answer is your device skystar hd and need this modules for work on android.

Comment

init.d script=auto load modules or binary exec start or other What you want on boot start. I no use init.d script. I add and modified some line on my boot.img. perfectly works like dvbreceiver. First you find to indentify your tuner on android system. no need to you know init.d at this time.
                            I still believe the original instructions, scripts and files you provided should work.

No matter what I do I still get the "ERROR: 256 KiB atomic DMA coherent pool is too small!" - "Please increase it with coherent_pool= kernel parameter!" error.

It seems to be common for DVB sticks that use the dvb_usb_it913x driver like mine does:

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/554

There seems to be many ways of overcoming this in Linux (to increase the pool size), unfortunately none that I've seen yet that apply to Android for the RK3288.

I've got no problem creating new images, just no idea where to change this DMA size setting in source........it's very, very frustrating when it's potentially so close to working.

Comment

Look at this link. Dez I dont have this error. I think that is based kernel and boot error. You can ask rk3288 devoloper oman etc. May be help you.

Comment

Thanks taki.

I think you are right that it is kernel/boot related.

There is a patch that was created for this problem.

I'll try to find out how to fix it (maybe in a boot.scr file) myself and then ask oman if he might be able to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X