No announcement yet.

Tvheaden, VDR, enigma2 pc port for rk3288 Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further to this, I bought a different type of DVB-T tuner.

PadTV HD Digital TV Dongle For Android Phones. Check website for full details at Altronics.com.au

It is similar/the same as the http://www.geniatech.com/pa/pt115m.asp and http://mygica.com/html/TV_Tuner/20140802/16.html

The program used to view live TV is the same for all of them https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ad.tvapp&hl=en

The program is ok and does work, but nowhere near as good as Kodi and TVHeadend.

Extracting the APK results in a /lib/x86 and lib/armeabi folder, both containing libPT917xDrv.so, lbPT913xDrv.so, libPadTv_ini.so, libPadTVdatabasejni.so, libDVBCodec.so and libA681xDrv.so.

TVHeadend still doesn't detect any DVB-T devices after installing the APK.
    Dmesg doesn't show any drivers being loaded, but the Pad TV HD app plays live TV without problems.

The device is shown as idVendor=1f4d, idProduct=a115, Product: USB Device and Manufacturer: Geniatech.

Is there any way of using these .so/library files for TVHeadend?
    Last edited by Dez; 01-21-2015, 06:42.

Comment

driver not opensource PT115 DVB-T. I dont find linux support. thus dont find tvheadend

Comment

Originally posted by taki View Post
        ----------------------
        DEZ
        I compiled latest media_build for your device kernel 3.10.0 rk3288. I add alot of modules (becuse I dont know Whic modules use your tuner. but af9035 patch ok in c file.) init.d script. if it works after you delete no need modules . re prepare init.d script. you device must be use two kind fw files That I add firmware
        [ATTACH]9774[/ATTACH]
        only copy and paste
        system/lib/modules copy to system/lib/modules
        system/etc/firmware copy to system/etc/firmware
        system/etc/init.d copy to system/etc/init.d
        good luck I wait your feedback

-------------------------------------------------------
        cemento

other issue 76e
        I search your device patch .

if you try you device
        for ubuntu test your device (all linux and your lubuntu rk3288)
        connect internet with wifi or lan Rikomagic mk902II by Linux
        later open terminal emulator.
        copy and paste
        git clone --depth=1 git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
        be done got folder
        cd media_build
        write or paste
        make download untar
        wait 1-2 minutes that you can look process on terminal emulator
        be done
        write or paste
        make -j4 (make comman build dvb modules for your linux kernel mk902II by Linux+ -j4 used 4 core)
        after end of process
        sudo make install (all modules loaded your system)
        after reboot your mini pc
        open terminal
        write command
        lsmod (lsmod command looked us Which modules used)
        dmesg | grep -i dvb (dmesg | grep -i dvb= Whic dvb device work or indetify your system)

your tuner work under linux. we can preapare modules for android rk3288.

but I have to say for all process must be use linux (ubuntu or etc) pc or virtualbox. rk3188 and 3288 lubuntu no has a kernel config files. thus no cross compile your lubuntu minipc (RK3288)
        But I dont have rk3288 lubuntu minipc That may be new lubuntu can make

good luck
        Hello, Taki
        I struggled a bit but in the end I managed to make the process explained to me .
        This is the result that returns me the Rikomagic 902II referring to the tuner :
        root @ localhost: / # lsmod
        Module Size Used by
        mali_kbase 159 689 21
        drmboot 4019 0
        root @ localhost: / # dmesg | grep -i DVB
        [ 5.383571 ] usb 3-1.4 : Product : DVB -T Dongle

Do not know if this is the information that was necessary to mount the drivers on android . Hopefully you can help me with the next phase of the process, which I think is more complicated.
        A lot of thanks in advance

Comment

A win of sorts

I finally managed to get the IT9135 drivers working.

Using Mo123's excellent HPH Dual Boot ROM v1.3, I added coherent_pool=1M to the CMDLINE: statement in the rk3288-3.10-uboot.parameter.txt files.

The driver was able to successfully load at boot and I could log into TVHeadend and see the device.

From there I could scan all DVB-T channels etc.

In SPMC, I enabled Live TV and added the TVHeadend client addon.

When I went to Live TV, all the scanned channels were there, but SPMC would crash and exit when I select a channel.
          I disabled Hardware decoding and can now see all TV channels visually working well

Thanks very much Taki for making this possible.

I will play around and see what Hardware method works, but at the moment Software seem s to be working well.

Edit: MediaCodec hardware acceleration works. RKlibstagefright causes SPMC to crash and exit, as does libstagefright.

Only problem to solve now is the sound on HD (720p and 1080i) channels which produces a terrible noise.

Edit: Rescanning fixed this. Sound is perfect now.

RK3288 definitely has the nuts to happily and smoothly play software decoded 720p and 1080i mpeg2 TV in SPMC.

It is also fine with MediaCodec, though a bit grainier.
          Last edited by Dez; 01-25-2015, 04:59.

Comment

The init.d script that works for the Winfast Dual Dongle (i have with a IT9133 and IT9137) is:

#!/system/bin/sh
            # DVB-T
            while [ ""`getprop dev.bootcomplete` != "1" ] ; do sleep 1; done
            insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-core.ko
            # insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-usb.ko force_pid_filter_usage=1 disable_rc_polling=1
            insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb_usb_v2.ko force_pid_filter_usage=1 disable_rc_polling=1
            insmod /system/lib/modules/dvb-usb-it913x.ko
            insmod /system/lib/modules/it913x-fe.ko
            insmod /system/lib/modules/it913x.ko
            sleep 1
            mkdir /dev/dvb
            mkdir /data/data/.hts
            mkdir /dev/dvb/adapter0
            ln -s /dev/dvb0.frontend0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
            ln -s /dev/dvb0.demux0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
            ln -s /dev/dvb0.dvr0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
            ln -s /dev/dvb0.dvr0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.ts
            mkdir /dev/dvb/adapter1
            ln -s /dev/dvb1.frontend0 /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
            ln -s /dev/dvb1.demux0 /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0
            ln -s /dev/dvb1.dvr0 /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
            ln -s /dev/dvb1.dvr0 /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0.ts
            chmod 777 /data/data/.hts
            chmod 777 /dev/dvb*
            chmod 777 /data/dvb*
            /data/dvb/tvheadend -C -c /data/data/.hts
            # done

Only one of the dual tuners works for now, but one is fine for me at the moment.

The PVR function of SPMC works very well also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
              Edit: MediaCodec hardware acceleration works. RKlibstagefright causes SPMC to crash and exit, as does libstagefright.
              Mind sending me a logcat of the (rk)libstagefright crashes (via PM)?

Comment

PM sent.

Thanks Koying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                  No matter what I do I still get the "ERROR: 256 KiB atomic DMA coherent pool is too small!" - "Please increase it with coherent_pool= kernel parameter!" error.

I've got no problem creating new images, just no idea where to change this DMA size setting in source...

From what I can see now, the place to change the coherent pool size in the source is probably in the dma-mapping.c file in /arch/arm/mm.

The line to change is
                  Code:
                  #define DEFAULT_DMA_COHERENT_POOL_SIZE    SZ_256kB
                  to SZ_1M or whatever value (within reason) is required.

Comment

dez can you have paroblem HD channel (about 12-20 mb/s). or do you have any problem hd channles with tvheadend

Comment

TVHeadend is perfectly ok with 720p and 1080i channels.
                      I've been using it nearly everyday.

The only problem I have is with rklibstagefright and to a much lesser degree, libstagefright.
                      MediaCodec works ok. These issues will very likely be sorted out over time.

Upscaling from 576p to 1080p (using 16:9 zoom) is not as smooth as with Kodi or Openelec on an Intel device, but is still very much watchable.

The combination of a RK3288 device (Tronsmart R28), your TVHeadend build and SPMC is still good enough for me to re-purpose my old Zotac ID61 (with Openelec) for something else.

Comment

Dez rk3288 can play to any error high bitrate 1080p h264 channels ?.

Comment

Unfortunately we don't have 1080p channels in Australia, only up to 1080i.

Comment

VDR cross combile for android with armf library

VDR (www.tvdr.de) for sunxi devices. Contribute to rellla/vdr-sunxi development by creating an account on GitHub.

[CODE][VDR (www.tvdr.de) for Sunxi Devices
                            ===================================

This is a guide and some scripts that collect VDR source files and some plugins, patch it and make it ready to build.
                            <WIP ON>This is all work in progress, you may run into several errors, downloading twice, patching twice etc.
                            It's planned to integrate some security things, easy upgrade feature etc... </WIP OFF>

Although this was intended to work on sunxi devices, it may work for any armhf platform as this is only a simple collection of vdr and some plugins
                            which are patched with /patches. Other than cross building it on a Debian unstable amd64 system wasn't tested.

1) Install toolchain

In this example I do a cross compile on a Debian unstable host (the NEW debian multiarch way).
                            You have to ensure, that host and destination system use the same symbol version on the libstdc++.so binary. It is not possible to run binaries, that are built on a Debian Sid host system with gcc-4.9.
                            A Debian Sid or Jessie destination system should work, because both use compiler version 4.9 and the symbol version should match.

A direct compile on the device should work, too.

deb http://toolchains.secretsauce.net unstable main

dpkg --add-architecture armhf
                            wget -q -O - http://toolchains.secretsauce.net/key.gpg | sudo apt-key add -

apt-get update
                            apt-get upgrade
                            apt-get install gcc-4.9-arm-linux-gnueabihf g++-4.9-arm-linux-gnueabihf

ln -s /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.9 /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
                            ln -s /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++-4.9 /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++
                            ln -s /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++-4.9 /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
                            ln -s /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-4.9 /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcov

2) Install build dependencies

..VDR
                            apt-get install libjpeg8-dev:armhf libcap-dev:armhf libfontconfig1-dev:armhf libfreetype6-dev:armhf libncursesw5-dev:armhf

..Markad
                            apt-get install libavcodec-dev:armhf

..EPGSearch
                            apt-get install libpcre3-dev:armhf

..Live
                            apt-get install libcxxtools-dev:armhf libtntnet-dev:armhf libboost-dev:armhf

..SoftHDDevice
                            apt-get install libxcb-screensaver0-dev:armhf libxcb-dpms0-dev:armhf libxcb-icccm4-dev:armhf libxcb-ewmh-dev:armhf libavresample-dev:armhf libavcodec-dev:armhf libvdpau-dev:armhf libx11-dev:armhf libx11-xcb-dev:armhf libasound2-dev:armhf

..VDRManager ..SC
                            apt-get install libssl-dev:armhf

..SkinFlatPlus
                            apt-get install libmagick++-dev:armhf

3) Fetch sources and build it
                            prepare.sh
                            make
                            make install
                            make logos

4) Make a tarball to move it to the device and make sure to have the runtime dependencies installed:

make archive

..VDR
                            apt-get install libjpeg8 libcap2 libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libncursesw5 gettext

..Markaf
                            apt-get install libavcodec

..EPGSearch
                            apt-get install libpcre3

..Live
                            apt-get install licxxtools libtntnet libboost

..SoftHDDevice
                            apt-get install libxcb-screensaver0 libxcb-dpms0 libxcb-icccm4 libxcb-ewmh2 libxcb-utils libavresample1 libavcodec libvdpau1 libx11-6 libx11-xcb1 libasound2

..VDRManager ..SC
                            apt-get install libssl1.0.0

..SkinFlatPlus
                            apt-get install imagemagick

At last you have to edit /etc/services:

echo "svdrp 6419/tcp # svdrp (vdr)" >> /etc/services

TODO Hints:

- Create a runvdr (runvdr-extreme?)
                            - dvbapi?
                            - xvdr
                            - skinopacity
                            - osdteletext
                            - smarttv-widget
                            - vdrmanager-widget/CODE]

I have a litle error

Comment

Hi Taki,
                              I own a firefly rk3288 .
                              I would build tvheadend for arm on Linux and Android.
                              Where can I find the sources and patches?
                              You have made ​​available only binaries.
                              Thanks in advance.

Olivo

Comment

Hello frends,

Any Tvheadend possibility for AMLOGIC 8726 MX please (lik vigica android dvbs2 c60s, c70s) ?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X