• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pepepaco
    replied
    Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post

Hey mo123,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a lot of RK3328 and RK3229 Devices don't know what you say. I can't get a smooth acceleration of H264 and MPEG2 Material. It is always a bit laggy and not smooth. So I guess it's not only me who hopes that superceleron will continue his GREAT WORK. With his app it's possible to play smooth a lot of material in 4k even on RK3229 Devices!

The only issue is that it stucks with Kodi Jarvis Plugins and I read that there are a lot of problems with Rockchip-Devices when you use Andorid 7.x. Poor performance compared to Android 6 on the same devices and no smooth acceleration of H264, MPEG2 and H265 in any kind of FullHD or 4k.

So my personal experience is that it's necessary the get a Media-Center with PVR-Plugins! The orignal RKMC or RKCodec-Based other players don't support PVR-Plugins for my VU+, VDR or TVHEADEND Devices. That sucks to be honest.

I would really love if someone would continue this great work here!
    I notice that slow performance on android 7 and I was thinking it was an isolated issue, it seems not, so Im reverting to 6.0, does anyone if there is a workaround for this? thanks.

Leave a comment:

• suppenkasper
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Rockchip has had full support for Kodi 17/18 for over a year now, that is why RKMC(rkcodec) was discontinued.
    It is only still needed for high bit-rate 4k@60hz, nothing else.
    Hey mo123,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a lot of RK3328 and RK3229 Devices don't know what you say. I can't get a smooth acceleration of H264 and MPEG2 Material. It is always a bit laggy and not smooth. So I guess it's not only me who hopes that superceleron will continue his GREAT WORK. With his app it's possible to play smooth a lot of material in 4k even on RK3229 Devices!

The only issue is that it stucks with Kodi Jarvis Plugins and I read that there are a lot of problems with Rockchip-Devices when you use Andorid 7.x. Poor performance compared to Android 6 on the same devices and no smooth acceleration of H264, MPEG2 and H265 in any kind of FullHD or 4k.

So my personal experience is that it's necessary the get a Media-Center with PVR-Plugins! The orignal RKMC or RKCodec-Based other players don't support PVR-Plugins for my VU+, VDR or TVHEADEND Devices. That sucks to be honest.

I would really love if someone would continue this great work here!

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Yes i know about koying going to mrmc... well kyoing choice.. i will never use mrmc since is a waste of time... removed the mainly big thing of it that is plugin support.. i know why they did it but.. is user choice to do what they want to do with it, and not theirs!
    But moving on, FTMC is mainly based in kodi, with lots of spmc code + rkmc.
    So is a 3 in one... lol
    For kodi 17 or even 18 spmc was only needed for aml codec support nothing else... rkmc is not needed anymore as mo123 explainded..
    So, should a i do a FTMC 17? maybe only to add aml codec support.. but dunno if i will since i really dont have the time for it anymore i hardly have time this days for my real "work" here at freaktab that is making custom roms, and that is what i like to do!
    I did some betas for the team but last time i did was 5 months a go... and did have some bugs to be sorted...
    shot that is why im saying that is on Hold.. i may work on it again i may not, it all depends of my free time.

Leave a comment:

• Samekas
    replied
    Which is better for the s912 devices, ftmc or spmc?

Leave a comment:

• el_easy
    replied
    Now that koying joined MrMC Team, what is the future of FTMC since koying abandoned SPMC ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Region.png
Views:	151
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	716604
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post
    I guess a lot of people would love if you continue your work! Especially people with Rockchip devices!

Please contcont that project and Port it also for Android 7 problems with the rkcodec.
    Rockchip has had full support for Kodi 17/18 for over a year now, that is why RKMC(rkcodec) was discontinued.
    It is only still needed for high bit-rate 4k@60hz, nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• suppenkasper
    replied
    I guess a lot of people would love if you continue your work! Especially people with Rockchip devices!

Please contcont that project and Port it also for Android 7 problems with the rkcodec.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    commented on 's reply
    For now is on hold

• mikele
    replied
    Hey people
    Is there any FTMC krypton 17 or Leia 18 on way or never ever ?

Leave a comment:

• deming1444
    replied
    When I tried using my s805 clone this afternoon, I was surprised that the installed FTMC was not there anymore. I tried to reinstall the apk but was unable to do so. Any ideas as to why my FTMC was uninstalled and not reinstalling afterwards?

Leave a comment:

• KBL
    replied
    Originally posted by uli-hh View Post

"Backup" addon to backup everything in Kodi and then restore the backup in FTMC is working. Maybe you'll get a message that the backup is from am other version of Kodi but you can ignore that.
    I've transferred my Kodi setup on my Windows-PC to FTMC on my RK-TV-boxes with it.
    Which Back Up addon are you using? I am trying Back Up 1.1.2 and it backs up ok, wll seems to, but then finding the back up and clicking Restore only takes me to a blank window. I have a folder named for back up and it is pointed there in settings. Nothing comes up in the restore folder though.
    Any ideas?e

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by Devian View Post
    Hi, i have a H96 Max H2 wtih 4GB RAM and 32 GB flash, it comes with a rk3328 chip. So now i'm trying the newest FTMC version for Rockchip and noticed that the box crashes when i turn on any setting on the RK acceleration page. Is this normal?
    I've tried many combinations to see if it's a conflict with for example the build-in mediacode acceleration, but it only crashes with something from RK acceleration page turned on.

The crash happens as soon as i try to stream a video file, in this case the Aerial Screensaver (which i use to test now).
    So to be clear, FTMC does NOT crash with Mediacodec acceleration turned of and all RK acceleration turned off.
    Bu then i do notice a little bit lag in the video.
    Known problem with very bad firmware and 'ship and forget' devices.
    Unfortunately the box will never get a firmware update to fix Amazon Prime Video, 4K support, HDR, deinterlacing, passthrough audio cuts, Kodi 18 & RKMC fully working.
    All these things were fixed over 6 months to a year ago by Rockchip.

If you have root, you can try to add FTMC as a system app since user libraries can't be run anymore because of extra security in Google's Nougat OS.

Leave a comment:

• Devian
    replied
    Hi, i have a H96 Max H2 wtih 4GB RAM and 32 GB flash, it comes with a rk3328 chip. So now i'm trying the newest FTMC version for Rockchip and noticed that the box crashes when i turn on any setting on the RK acceleration page. Is this normal?
    I've tried many combinations to see if it's a conflict with for example the build-in mediacode acceleration, but it only crashes with something from RK acceleration page turned on.

The crash happens as soon as i try to stream a video file, in this case the Aerial Screensaver (which i use to test now).
    So to be clear, FTMC does NOT crash with Mediacodec acceleration turned of and all RK acceleration turned off.
    Bu then i do notice a little bit lag in the video.

Leave a comment:

• michel30
    replied
    Leia FTMC would also be nice, so you have the latest version.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Johnoo
    replied
    Krypton FTMC would be a plus.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X