This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badger View Post
    I have some troubles with auto power on, if an USB-device is plugged in.
    The blue LED is flashing but the screen keep blank.
    If I unplug the USB-device (i've tested different: memory sticks, keyboards,...) all works fine.

But if I shutdown the MeeGoPad (pressing the power button for a few seconds during a USB-device is plugged in and the screen is blank) and start it "normally" with the power button, also all works fine.
    Is that "normal"?
    I think I experienced the same thing: When I plug an USB device (any type of device such as storage, keyboard, mouse...) into the full size USB port of the Meegopad, then it won't start at all.

Comment

really strange...
      Did you tested it if some settings in the BIOS are responsible for this problem?

Comment

thanks for this awsome fix!!
        is there a possibiliy to enable wake on mouse/keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyballs View Post
          I download it, flashed it to a meego with only windows 8.1.

first time I switched off and on the power ( 220v ) Nothing happened.
          after unplugging the USB it started very fast, very fast ~4 sec
          so switching of the power off and on will not trigger reboot, the power supply keeps voltage on the USB.

So confirmed dis BIOS update works. typed this message from updated meego.

Now I need to do it to my multi boot, I am first going to make a full backup BiOS and mmc :-)

DB,

thanks Stewart
          I am new to window 8.1 just got my meego fully activated from make the one. Everything works well so far. Tried running update file as administrator briefly a black box appears.. Guessing I have to manually run the command anyone with step by step instructions?

Comment

Worked great. Had to select command prompt admin in file explorer worked perfect. Good looking out

Comment

I have a meegopad T02 with BIOS version: 5.008 Project version: T02 0.18 Build Date and Time: 05/25/2015 09:40:05
              I am wondering if the T01 BIOS OEM version will work on the T02, my current BIOS only has basic options in it, no advanced menu etc so I cant get auto power on to work.
              An obvious difference between the T01 and the T02 is the additional USB port,
              It appears that it may be possible to get auto reboot after power loss by a different method by writing to a register that tells the stick what to do after various power state tansitions, for example here http://smackerelofopinion.blogspot.c...ci-s-01f0.html
              I have downloaded the intel reference document but I am not sure what address on the ISA bridge adapter where this register lives, hence now I am thinking about flashing the T01 OEM bios instead.

Comment

Hello, i have a meegopad T02 since yesterday,. I'm stuck on diagnose boot, i've tried a lot of solution. I can't go to command prompt so i can't flash T02 by this way.
                Maybe a hard flash like here http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/05/...hdmi-tv-stick/
                But i need a T02 oem bios for this.
                It's impossible to boot on an usb flash drive ( bios without options to enable it )... Help needed

Comment

Hi! can someone modify a version of T02 bios? because when i used the T01 to my T02 the wifi is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono2007 View Post
                    Hello, i have a meegopad T02 since yesterday,. I'm stuck on diagnose boot, i've tried a lot of solution. I can't go to command prompt so i can't flash T02 by this way.
                    Maybe a hard flash like here http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/05/...hdmi-tv-stick/
                    It's impossible to boot on an usb flash drive ( bios without options to enable it )... Help needed

BIOS recovery needed, not tried this but I came accross the article on my travels for unbricking? try this https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recov...bios-recovery/

Comment

Originally posted by x0vash0x View Post
                      Hi! can someone modify a version of T02 bios? because when i used the T01 to my T02 the wifi is not working.
                      well your brave flashing a T01 bios on a T02, now I know what happens without risking bricking my own T02.

I've spent quite a long time looking for a solution for this and not succeeded.
                      There are two main ways to "unlock" an AMI bios to gain access to hidden menus, yes the T02 does have an advanced and a chipset menu but it is disabled, and the power option is there under the Advanced menu, Miscelaneous, "State after G3" - but the default is S0 which is what you want for auto power on???
                      The 1st method uses amibcp to edit the menus to make them visible, however amibcp is unable to "save" this bios, it can open it, but not save it an error occurrs, even if you have made no modifications.
                      the other method I found was by dumping out the setup part of the bios using UEFItool and using a hex editor and finding the table of enabled and disabled menu entries, the method does not work on this bios. I cannot find the required sequence of zeros and ones.
                      Now, having given this some thought, theres a good chance that even if the menu was to be enabled that changing the power on settings might brick the T02 anyway, after all we know that this has happened on the T01.
                      I have now given up on trying to do this and bought a battery backup instead to keep my T02 powered on, in my application my T02 will be in a remote location and running 24x7 monitoring and controlling my central heating system in a holiday home. Using a "powerbank" that allows both charging and using at the same time effectively turns it into a UPS. I've just ordered an Anker 10,000mAh which has been verified in the raspberry pi community as suitable for this, ie you plug it into a USB charger and plug your T02 into it and interuptions in power are avoided due to the battery, and a run time that could be as much as 12 hours.

The anker 10,000mAh battery has arrived and unfortunately it does not provide power at the same time as charging :-(
                      Last edited by scote; 06-24-2015, 14:40. Reason: update

Comment

Is your T02 activated (so your BIOS includes your Windows product key)? Can you post a just a picture of your BIOS version or post its 'Project Version', 'Build Date and Time' and 'Microcode Patch' from the first screen on the BIOS please? There seems to be a few T02 BIOS around at the moment and it is not obvious what the differences are.

Comment

Normally activated.
                          From the efi shell, if i prompt ver i have : EFI Spec revision : 2.31 and revision 5.31
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	508049

I've tried 3 usb sticks (usb3 and usb2 ), formatted as FAT32, with GPT partition table for UEFI.

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/01/...#ixzz3dxyhSTYP

But no boot from usb choice after F7, only boot from uefi shell and windows command.

Comment

Normally activated.
                            From the efi shell, if i prompt ver i have : EFI Spec revision : 2.31 and revision 5.31

I've tried 3 usb sticks (usb3 and usb2 ), formatted as FAT32, with GPT partition table for UEFI.

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/01/...#ixzz3dxyhSTYP

But no boot from usb choice after F7, only boot from uefi shell and windows command.
                            Thanks. I'm having issues with this BIOS as well. If your BIOS doesn't include the Windows product key (i.e. you activated Windows through another method) then it might be advisable to update to a better T02 BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by scote View Post

well your brave flashing a T01 bios on a T02, now I know what happens without risking bricking my own T02.

I've spent quite a long time looking for a solution for this and not succeeded.
                              There are two main ways to "unlock" an AMI bios to gain access to hidden menus, yes the T02 does have an advanced and a chipset menu but it is disabled, and the power option is there under the Advanced menu, Miscelaneous, "State after G3" - but the default is S0 which is what you want for auto power on???
                              The 1st method uses amibcp to edit the menus to make them visible, however amibcp is unable to "save" this bios, it can open it, but not save it an error occurrs, even if you have made no modifications.
                              the other method I found was by dumping out the setup part of the bios using UEFItool and using a hex editor and finding the table of enabled and disabled menu entries, the method does not work on this bios. I cannot find the required sequence of zeros and ones.
                              Now, having given this some thought, theres a good chance that even if the menu was to be enabled that changing the power on settings might brick the T02 anyway, after all we know that this has happened on the T01.
                              I have now given up on trying to do this and bought a battery backup instead to keep my T02 powered on, in my application my T02 will be in a remote location and running 24x7 monitoring and controlling my central heating system in a holiday home. Using a "powerbank" that allows both charging and using at the same time effectively turns it into a UPS. I've just ordered an Anker 10,000mAh which has been verified in the raspberry pi community as suitable for this, ie you plug it into a USB charger and plug your T02 into it and interuptions in power are avoided due to the battery, and a run time that could be as much as 12 hours.

The anker 10,000mAh battery has arrived and unfortunately it does not provide power at the same time as charging :-(
                              Actually it worked! the modified T01 BIOS to my T02 but the only problems are the wifi and bluetooth. The rest are ok and working fine and I'm using usb ethernet to connect on the internet. But its 100% ok if someone modify the T02 bios same like T01 XD

Comment

Great mod to my t01 bios! Really appreciated it. Question, if I update my bios for win 10 will I loose auto on?

Comment

Working...
                                X