Help just broke my Pipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loko View Post
    Since no_spam_for_me reports that he is actually using a 5V/3A Power Supply instead of a 12V/2A one, this chip may be a DC/DC Switching Regulator that is designed to work properly with a wide range of input voltages.
    NO, NO, sorry, misunderstanding!
    It was only an example at 5V and didn't mean a replacement for 12V!

(But somewhere at the Intel sub-forum someone wrote he used 5V instead of 12V as replacement what surprised me)
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I seem to have the same problem as you. They exact same chip in my x8 is fried but I also cannot identify it. If you figure it out can you let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cbqfly View Post
        I seem to have the same problem as you. They exact same chip in my x8 is fried but I also cannot identify it. If you figure it out can you let me know.

Thanks
        Smell the PCB it usually stinks right where it got burnt. The weakest component always goes first like a resistor and leaves the circuit open if you are lucky. But with these new PCBs it could be a digital power regulator of some kind which renders the board useless in most cases. Your nose might help you find it give it a try.

Comment

Bulloks, the same thing happend to me, I plugged in an USB hub with another power adapter. The Pipo didn't like that and now the PCB smells near one of the black standing transistors (hope the name is correct) I think that I am going to send it back, or does someone had a brilliant idea?

Originally posted by cbqfly View Post

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X