Help just broke my Pipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
    Or another idea would be to try and find a bricked pipo that someone has killed messing with the bios..
    NO! I don't think that BIOS bricked devices are killed. I just received my PiPo X7, and I am waiting for spare BIOS chips to arrive. If I will be able to program replacement BIOS chips, and make them modular, I will definitely make an extensive guide. Do not waste any BIOS bricked devices yet.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
      NO! I don't think that BIOS bricked devices are killed. I just received my PiPo X7, and I am waiting for spare BIOS chips to arrive. If I will be able to program replacement BIOS chips, and make them modular, I will definitely make an extensive guide. Do not waste any BIOS bricked devices yet.
      Kill joy

Comment

be more like a voltage regular, but then again how many pins does the component have?
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
          A good tv/electronics repair shop should be able to identify the chip now you have the numbers that's written on it..You may need to try a few shops before someone can identify it..Or another idea would be to try and find a bricked pipo that someone has killed messing with the bios..

Good luck I hope you get it fixed keep us updated
          Thanks for all you're help.

Comment

can you take a pic of you're board and chip for me?Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bozharry View Post
              can you take a pic of you're board and chip for me?Thanks
              As far as I know, there are only two versions of the board, V1_2 and V1_3. All devices being shipped since February are V1_3. When I will reopen my device, probably later this week, I can take a picture of the chip, but my board is identical to yours, as it can be seen in your first image. When I opened my device, I compared my board with yours, and I did not find any visible differences.

Comment

I have probed the chip and it appears to be a switch mode regulator running at around 300khz.
                It converts the 12v from the power supply to a voltage usable by the board.

I drew a schematic of what I found out. It's not complete and might contain mistakes, but at least it's a start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIPO-X7-VREG-5V.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	437469

Sadly, I can't identify the chip... The marking (1930) makes me think to LT1930 but the package does not match. 3314565 leads me to nothing...

Maybe this will help someone identify the chip?

[EDIT]
                Actually the OUT_5V signal is not DC but has a duty cycle...
                So after the caps it might be 3V or so, I'll try and measure it tomorrow.
                Last edited by CRi; 03-17-2015, 21:11.

Comment

Is this V1_3 board chip the same as the one on the other side of the V1_2 board? They look alike.

Comment

Is this V1_3 board chip the same as the one on the other side of the V1_2 board? They look alike.

Yes it is the same well spotted. I have this chip on the back of my pcb
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by CRi View Post
                      I have probed the chip and it appears to be a switch mode regulator running at around 300khz.
                      It converts the 12v from the power supply to a voltage usable by the board.

I drew a schematic of what I found out. It's not complete and might contain mistakes, but at least it's a start.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10858[/ATTACH]

Sadly, I can't identify the chip... The marking (1930) makes me think to LT1930 but the package does not match. 3314565 leads me to nothing...

Maybe this will help someone identify the chip?

[EDIT]
                      Actually the OUT_5V signal is not DC but has a duty cycle...
                      So after the caps it might be 3V or so, I'll try and measure it tomorrow.
                      Thanks so much for all you're effort.Found a load of graphic cards in a recycle center today.There is a load of that style chip on the cards but not the numbers.Might sound stupid but would on of them chips do it?Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	437474

Comment

Thanks so much for all you're effort.Found a load of graphic cards in a recycle center today.There is a load of that style chip on the cards but not the numbers.Might sound stupid but would on of them chips do it?[ATTACH=CONFIG]10863[/ATTACH]
                        Probably not, there are so many devices in that package that you're very unlikely to find a replacement by pure luck...

We need to know for sure what that chip is to replace it by the same one or an equivalent.

Comment

Probably not, there are so many devices in that package that you're very unlikely to find a replacement by pure luck...

We need to know for sure what that chip is to replace it by the same one or an equivalent.
                          A Guy on an electronic form has me this question? So the output is 5.0V? Can you check the values of R1, R4? The feedback voltage is another variable... sometimes it's low, sometimes it's high... definitely need that for a possible replacement.

Can you measure the physical dimensions of the inductor? Looks like ferrite core type, so that'll help put bounds on how much current rating it needs. .I haven't a clue what hes talking about.Can you help me?Thanks heaps in advance.

Comment

A Guy on an electronic form has me this question? So the output is 5.0V? Can you check the values of R1, R4? The feedback voltage is another variable... sometimes it's low, sometimes it's high... definitely need that for a possible replacement. [IMG]http://www.dutchforce.com/%7Eeforum/html/emoticons/smile.gif[/IMGspeak to the electronic forum directly, what is the address?

Can you measure the physical dimensions of the inductor? Looks like ferrite core type, so that'll help put bounds on how much current rating it needs. .I haven't a clue what hes talking about.Can you help me?Thanks heaps in advance.
                            Yes sure I can measure all that. It might be easier if I speak to the electronic forum directly, what is the address?

Comment

Since no_spam_for_me reports that he is actually using a 5V/3A Power Supply instead of a 12V/2A one, this chip may be a DC/DC Switching Regulator that is designed to work properly with a wide range of input voltages.

Comment

Yes sure I can measure all that. It might be easier if I speak to the electronic forum directly, what is the address?
                                Sent you a private msg about an hour ago with a link to the site.Again i am not that well up on that sort of thing but when it comes to soldering i would have no problem.Just need to know what chip to use.By the way the electronics fourm were very impressed with you're diagram. Here is the link

I know this device only cost 100 euro delivered but the six week wait is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X