FVIEW U2 TV BOX Mini PC RK3188T Quad Core root? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FVIEW U2 TV BOX Mini PC RK3188T Quad Core root? Help

I'm really sorry if this has been asked already but I'm looking to root my new FVIEW U2 TV BOX Mini PC RK3188T Quad Core
    its supposed to run at 1.4mhz but all four cores are saying 816mhz, now I'm really new to this stuff so bear with me lol I successfully rooted my mk808 with the new Finless 2.1 so I am somewhat familiar
    But my question is, how to I go about getting root access, what type of ROM, is it possible to overclock to get the speed I want etc...
    any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, again I.m still learning so thanx for any kind of help

I don't have one but,

I was looking at this on geekbuying and noticed they have three USB ports (third image).

Since the third port is listed separately, I would think that this is the OTG port, so connect that one into the computer and enable USB debugging to see if it works, and try this guide: http://vondroid.com/threads/how-to-r...8-device.7686/
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Hey thanx budgetgeek I didn't even think of that last usb being used for that. I will follow the guide tomorrow and let ya know how it goes
      appreciate the help!

Comment

Well this is interesting, so I'm looking thru CPUz and it says the box is rooted. I installed super user then tried an overclock app, it then said "you need a rooted device" , I then go back to SU and there is no log or permission needed notification , I'm a bit confused

another thing is CPUz says the clock is 312-1.4mhz yet all four cores say 816mhz am I missing something or am I really this ignorant when it comes to this?

Comment

Help

Originally posted by Blindseyed View Post
          Well this is interesting, so I'm looking thru CPUz and it says the box is rooted. I installed super user then tried an overclock app, it then said "you need a rooted device" , I then go back to SU and there is no log or permission needed notification , I'm a bit confused
          I use the root checker app that I found here: http://www.appsapk.com/root-checker-app/

I keep it on an sd card for when I flash a new rom so I can check. Hasn't failed me yet.

Originally posted by Blindseyed View Post
          another thing is CPUz says the clock is 312-1.4mhz yet all four cores say 816mhz am I missing something or am I really this ignorant when it comes to this?
          The cores all run at the same frequency and the cpu checker you used will show the most recent frequency, though it may have already changed a dozen times by the time you see it since they run up or down depending on usage and demand.
          Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
          I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
          RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Root and roms

I suppose I need a USB to USB cable for this...
            I took some pictures of the insides of this box, the main chips are hidden by a heatsink Are there any roms for this device??
            Pictures: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7vVtvjgtKo6ME5nc1ZZLUZ5T2c

Comment

Originally posted by Dbarciela View Post
              I suppose I need a USB to USB cable for this...
              I took some pictures of the insides of this box, the main chips are hidden by a heatsink Are there any roms for this device??
              Pictures: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7vVtvjgtKo6ME5nc1ZZLUZ5T2c
              yeah I have to go out and get the usb cable, thought I had one but nope

Apparently I'm NOT rooted, so I will try the root after I get the usb cable, I tried the link above and the drivers weren't there? I may need to look thru the thread more tho

Comment

Hi,Does someone had tryed if some of the 3 Fview's usb ports is the OTG one? I'd like to know cause i want to buy one! Thanks Rob

Comment

Originally posted by fonzobrown View Post
                  Hi,Does someone had tryed if some of the 3 Fview's usb ports is the OTG one? I'd like to know cause i want to buy one! Thanks Rob
                  hey Rob, if u look at the 2nd post it looks like it's the far right USB port
                  I will be trying it next week since I had to actually order a usb male to male cable, can u believe I couldn't find one anywhere? Lol
                  anyway, I will try it and keep everyone posted

Comment

Thanx a lot, you're very kind.
                    'cause there's no stock firmware around for this tv box maybe you could be interessed to dump your fview before trying to flash it...if it's your case take a look at this:

Just last question..have you buyed "standard" male to male usb cable or it's needed an otg one ( that is one with 5 conductor inside)?

Comment

Originally posted by fonzobrown View Post
                      Thanx a lot, you're very kind.
                      'cause there's no stock firmware around for this tv box maybe you could be interessed to dump your fview before trying to flash it...if it's your case take a look at this:

Just last question..have you buyed "standard" male to male usb cable or it's needed an otg one ( that is one with 5 conductor inside)?
                      Thx for the link I will try that it's a good idea!
                      i bought the standard hoping it will work, I guess I'll find out haha

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
                        I was looking at this on geekbuying and noticed they have three USB ports (third image).

Since the third port is listed separately, I would think that this is the OTG port, so connect that one into the computer and enable USB debugging to see if it works, and try this guide: http://vondroid.com/threads/how-to-r...8-device.7686/
                        Well I tried all 3 USB ports and was unable to connect my device. I tried in flash mode and without, I am installing brand new RockChip drivers now so I will let ya know

Comment

Hmmm Im stuck, cant get it into flash mode. I'm not sure if I need to power it on with the power chord or what. I may need to 5 pin OTG usb like he said earlier. I'm obviously missing something or doing something wrong

Any step by step help or ideas would be appreciated

Comment

Woow Blindseyed...that's a very bad news...i hope someone can enlighten this...

I don't know for sure about the 5 conductor otg cable.....maybe just my bad to roote this question ( i mean is it possible that the otg usb port is simply not software enabled?)

Maybe could worth a try to reboot and press the recovery button ( if any) and do some flash using a suggested compatible firmware on sd card

In any way, please Blindseyed let us know any step ahead, thanx

Rob

Comment

Ok so here's the update I pressed the recovery and power and got the recovery screen here
                              Any suggestions on where to go from here? Can I root or flash from this screen?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X