Inside the Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dunksandroid View Post
    The metal plate is to add a little weight to the box so it not pulled about easy
    Although the metal plate does add a nice amount of weight to the device, I believe it is there to aid the heat sink.

Quote from Minix forum...
    "X7's cooling is way better than those sticks.
    It has heatsink on cpu and ram. It also has a piece of metal on top of the case to help absorbing and dissipating heat. Box is always cooler than stick."

I opened my Minix X7 and moved the power option jumper over to the other position. My player now boots up as soon as I apply power. This is a great feature that I hope Minix will continue supporting.

Comment

There's something on the X7 remote that's been bugging me for a while?

In front of the remote, there is an IR Beamer, and a different thing

What exactly is that, looks like a LED flash light.

Comment

No one knows what that is ??
        I want to know that too.
        ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

I have no idea what the second LED to a function. I even use the remote control not because it has a low range or a small radius. That's why I the Mele F10 Pro Airmouse use. Has also an additional infrared sensor for Mele devices.

The metal plate in the box is actually to cool the processor.

rlemke | www.humaniac.wordpress.com | www.minix7.wordpress.com

Comment

I deal with RF a lot and i think that makes sense. Though the remote has good transmission, two beamers deliver a more redundant signal to the receiver, my Note 3 IR beamer is wack compared to the remote.

Comment

.idc file hack for touchscreen

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
              (The .idc file hack for my touchscreen still works great on the X7 and is really fluid in use + they fixed the silly contrast problem of the X5).
              Hi, currently we are trying to connect our HP tm23 touchscreen monitor to the Minix X7. We don't succeed. Would you have some tips for us?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Check out this thread - what have you tried?

Looking at the TM23 it is Win 8 compatible so I guess 10 point multitouch - unfortunately I've only really heard the 2 point touch monitors work, but you could try.

Comment

.idc for touchscreen

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
                  Check out this thread - what have you tried?

Looking at the TM23 it is Win 8 compatible so I guess 10 point multitouch - unfortunately I've only really heard the 2 point touch monitors work, but you could try.
                  Hi, We already tried to create the .idc file as described in that link. Nothing changed/happens after installing. Which Rom are you using, we tried with the 'finless' rom.

Comment

I want to know something

I've recently move from Spain to Venezuela in South America. I made on big mistake and install a wrong power adapter, so my minix burned. I want to know if there is any way to make it work again, removing burned fuse and putting a new one?

Any way, as in the picture, can you tell which part do I have to replace to make it work?????

thanks u so much

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy View Post
                      I've recently move from Spain to Venezuela in South America. I made on big mistake and install a wrong power adapter, so my minix burned. I want to know if there is any way to make it work again, removing burned fuse and putting a new one?

Any way, as in the picture, can you tell which part do I have to replace to make it work?????

thanks u so much
                      Did just the adapter get burnt? Can you try with a new adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by britoso View Post
                        Did just the adapter get burnt? Can you try with a new adapter?

No.... It wasn't the adapter. It was the unit itself. Also it smelled burned a little.

Comment

TOAST

Originally posted by prodigy View Post
                          No.... It wasn't the adapter. It was the unit itself. Also it smelled burned a little.
                          i suspect it is dead in that case. I expect the chips to be burned by overvoltage if you have used the wrong power supply. What was the voltage of the power supply you used accidentally?

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                            There's something on the X7 remote that's been bugging me for a while?

In front of the remote, there is an IR Beamer, and a different thing

What exactly is that, looks like a LED flash light.

Yes i know its a old post but still il answere..

Its the IR sensor, its dual on this remote.
                            If you turn your camera on example your phone and point it towards the camcorder and press any button on the remote, you will see both light upp

Comment

Dear All!

Can anyone tell what SSD type does Minix Neo X7 have? Has anyone being thinking about upgrading it to an SSD of a bigger volume, for example 64 or 128 GB?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by samkunun View Post
                                The 4-pin J1, is it serial console ?
                                The answer is NO! - BUT there are solder pads to get a serial console connected.

For details please refer to https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...047#post809047

Last edited by bootlog; 06-29-2020, 10:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X