Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - MK809 III what firmware to use in this board to solve flickering/black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - MK809 III what firmware to use in this board to solve flickering/black screen

Hi,

I exchanged my mk808B for a MK809III from chinese seller and i can't find a firmware that works correctly with this board.

I had it connected to a 24" LCD and everything was fine but when i connect it to a 32" Sony TV i get flickering (weird green lines all over the screen from time to time) and after a couple of minutes i get a black screen (without restart), i just lose image and it comes back after 1 second. It happens numerous times with an interval of 5-10m between them.

This happens with stock firmware on both
    1080p 50-60
    720p 50-60

the only mode that works without flickering or black screen is 576p =(

Tried neomode 1.9a Fimrware and kernel1 2 3 all do the same.

Tried 2 diferent 2A PSU's and still the same problem.

The board is HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12 with AP6210 WIFI

Was going to try neomode 2.0 but wanted to check if there is another solution since i need bluetooth and 2.0 doesn't have it working yet. I just need at least 720p working 1080p is not mandatory.

Best regards.

Same problem here - flickering and cut-outs of the image, like there is some kind of bad connection in the HDMI. I didn't have this problem with the bad stock-firmware, so it can't be the HDMI connector. Guess noone will help us.

Using Neomode 1.9a - my work-around is to change the HDMI-output to 1920x1080 24hz. It will limit the dongle to only refresh the screen 24 fps - but that is sufficient enough to watch movies, since they are 24fps anyway. For gaming and other stuff it isn't good though.

The weird thing is, I only have this problem on my 42'' Sony Bravia TV - not my 32'' LG LCD tv.

And since you say you're using a Sony TV - well, perhaps this is the issue - the Sony isn't compatible with these android sticks? Can you try another TV that is not Sony and report your results?

MKMutual.

Comment

Originally posted by MKMutual View Post
      Same problem here - flickering and cut-outs of the image, like there is some kind of bad connection in the HDMI. I didn't have this problem with the bad stock-firmware, so it can't be the HDMI connector. Guess noone will help us.

Using Neomode 1.9a - my work-around is to change the HDMI-output to 1920x1080 24hz. It will limit the dongle to only refresh the screen 24 fps - but that is sufficient enough to watch movies, since they are 24fps anyway. For gaming and other stuff it isn't good though.

The weird thing is, I only have this problem on my 42'' Sony Bravia TV - not my 32'' LG LCD tv.

And since you say you're using a Sony TV - well, perhaps this is the issue - the Sony isn't compatible with these android sticks? Can you try another TV that is not Sony and report your results?

MKMutual.

When i used it in a hp 24" computer lcd i had a sound poping problem but not the black screen. So it was not perfect. But i think it's a problem with sony cause i tried in a lg and no problem occurs with original software. With neomode it happens on all. Only if i put in 576p it doesn't happen, i wanted at least to be able to use 720p.

Haven't tried with firmware 2.0 have you?

Comment

uha666: What kernel did you flash with NEOMODE 1.9a? I used Kernel3.img - the native 1080P one, and then I have no problems on my LG LCD tv, only on my Sony LCD tv.

No, I haven't tried CROM 2.0 - I will try tomorrow.

MKMutual.

Comment

uha666: What kernel did you flash with NEOMODE 1.9a? I used Kernel3.img - the native 1080P one, and then I have no problems on my LG LCD tv, only on my Sony LCD tv.

No, I haven't tried CROM 2.0 - I will try tomorrow.

MKMutual.

I tried all 4 kernels that come with pack and every single one gives me black screen. Will flash new version 2.1 (neomode said it works fine with T processor) when i have the time to test it out.

Please leave feedback if you try it first.

Regards.

Comment

Hi all,
            same problem for me with a Toshiba 23p Tv, is full hd led.
            With main tv a Sharp aqos 32p no flickering problem.

How to solve problem?
            I've a Mk809III with 2.0

Comment

Guys, we NEED to solve this issue. I just got another MK809 III home; this one with AP6210 network chip and RK3168T-chip. Same issue with Neomode 1.9a - flickering and cut-outs.

The next couple of hours I will test CROM 2.0 and NEOMODE 2.1 and see how they perform.

Stay tuned.

MKMutual.

Comment

--deleted--

Comment

NeoTV 2.1: Same issue .......

Next: Neotv 2.0.

Comment

NEOTV CROM 2.0 WORKS!! No cut-outs or flickering!

BUT: My WiFi doesn't work!!!! Argh!!!

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Hi Apez: I'm waiting for the V. 2.1 FINAL version, I think a lot of development is going on because of the new T-chip.

In the meantime I gave up on the 1080P-kernels. They all gave me flickering. Instead I've "downgraded" to 720P kernels (no overclocking). The Neomode V. 1.9a works without flickering with the default kernel (don't use any other kernel then the one that it comes with) - don't change any settings in the display, if you change the display-mode to 1080P, again, you will experience flickering.

Try it out.

Best regards,
                        MKMutual.

Comment

Hi Apez: I'm waiting for the V. 2.1 FINAL version, I think a lot of development is going on because of the new T-chip.

In the meantime I gave up on the 1080P-kernels. They all gave me flickering. Instead I've "downgraded" to 720P kernels (no overclocking). The Neomode V. 1.9a works without flickering with the default kernel (don't use any other kernel then the one that it comes with) - don't change any settings in the display, if you change the display-mode to 1080P, again, you will experience flickering.

Try it out.

Best regards,
                          MKMutual.
                          Hi,

Can you confirm that your MK809III board is the HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12 version? Cause mine never worked with the 1.9a at 720p only at 576p =/

Comment

Originally posted by uha666 View Post
                            Hi,

Can you confirm that your MK809III board is the HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12 version? Cause mine never worked with the 1.9a at 720p only at 576p =/
                            Sorry I was too quick! Yesterday I watched HD streaming, suddenly it started flashing again - not as severe as with 1080P - that's all the time - 720P is more like every 10th second. So, yes, back to square one. How do I know it's a "HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12" On my board it says:

"Nextson
                            MK809III_V.1.0_20130606"

I think we experience the same problem but with different boards.

MKMutual.

Comment

Sorry I was too quick! Yesterday I watched HD streaming, suddenly it started flashing again - not as severe as with 1080P - that's all the time - 720P is more like every 10th second. So, yes, back to square one. How do I know it's a "HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12" On my board it says:

"Nextson
                              MK809III_V.1.0_20130606"

I think we experience the same problem but with different boards.

MKMutual.
                              The boards may have diferent labels but what creates the problem is the combination of components.

Mine has the following chips:

HDMI - IT66121FN
                              RAM - GEIL 512x8DDR3
                              ROM - SANDISK
                              WIFI - AP6210 COD604E 1326
                              CPU - RK3188-T
                              Active - 8846QM CD177

Board Label - HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12
                              Case Label - MK809III

Can you post yours to compare?
                              Last edited by uha666; 02-06-2014, 18:07. Reason: Corrected hdmi chip and added active chip

Comment

Working...
                              X