Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - MK809 III what firmware to use in this board to solve flickering/black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes mine has:

CPU: RK3188-T
    RAM: SCSemicon
    ROM: TOSHIBA
    WiFi: AP6210 T0D600D 1329
    HDMI: IT66121FN

My HDMI-chip sounds similar to yours: Are you sure it isn't "IT66121" instead of "IT6121"? Perhaps you missed the "6"?

If we have the same HDMI-chip, it would make sense we both experience the same problem with the same firmwares, even though the other components are different.

MKMutual.

Comment

Originally posted by MKMutual View Post
      Yes mine has:

My HDMI-chip sounds similar to yours: Are you sure it isn't "IT66121" instead of "IT6121"? Perhaps you missed the "6"?

If we have the same HDMI-chip, it would make sense we both experience the same problem with the same firmwares, even though the other components are different.

MKMutual.
      Yeah my bad i corrected it, also added the active chip (the small one on the cpu board side), don't know what that one does doh.

EDIT: Nevermind it's the power management chip

The problem is either related to the wifi driver (noticed that the firmware that you tried that didn't have wifi also didn't have flickering), the cpu T version or the hdmi...

If anyone else would post their specs with their success/or not with diferent firmwares it would help narrow down the problem for a specific driver or chip.

Regards

Comment

I'd say we have narrowed it down nicely, uha666. Everything, except the HDMI chip and CPU, is different on our devices - thus we must conclude the problem lays in the HDMI chip (which is not compatible with some firmwares) and not in any of the other chips.

Of course, a possibility could be that the RK3188-T chip doesn't work well together with the HDMI-chip using the roms from neomode.

It could be great if people experiencing the same problem would post their HDMI-chip names.

MKMutual.

Originally posted by uha666 View Post
        Yeah my bad i corrected it, also added the active chip (the small one on the cpu board side), don't know what that one does doh.

EDIT: Nevermind it's the power management chip

The problem is either related to the wifi driver (noticed that the firmware that you tried that didn't have wifi also didn't have flickering), the cpu T version or the hdmi...

If anyone else would post their specs with their success/or not with diferent firmwares it would help narrow down the problem for a specific driver or chip.

Regards

Comment

I'd say we have narrowed it down nicely, uha666. Everything, except the HDMI chip and CPU, is different on our devices - thus we must conclude the problem lays in the HDMI chip (which is not compatible with some firmwares) and not in any of the other chips.

It could be great if people experiencing the same problem would post their HDMI-chip names.

MKMutual.
          Actually we have the same cpu, wifi, and hdmi chip =P

But i agree the problem must be in the hdmi chip, but the only way to test this is to find a stable rom and see if the hdmi driver or kernel is diferent between them. But i have yet to find a rom that works correctly at 720p in my case, i can't even find an original stock rom for my device since there are so many versions, the only thing i remember from it was that it said R-BOX on the rom description.

Regards.

Comment

Have you tried NEOMODE HYBRID ROM 1.7? I will test it asap.

Another thing I was thinking; Could our sticks be suffering from static electricity? When we touch our sticks we don't use gloves as professionals do, thus we transfer the electricity we've been charged with onto the stick, where it will stay in the circuits.

I will try to take rubber-gloves on and a copper wire and decharge it by putting the copper wire into the ground and carefully try to hit all the circuits on the board with the copper wire. The reason I am suspecting this is due to the fact that I experienced a short period where I had no black-outs even in 1080P. Then it came back. But in the meantime, I had reset the dongle using the PC, where I had touched the board with my hands.

I don't know, but the issue is very irritating.

I will report back (tomorrow I might have a tight schedule, also saturday. Sunday I'm free though ).

MKMutual.

Comment

--how do you delete posts?--

Comment

I tried using a diferent hdmi cable and connecting the stick directly to the tv but still flickers. I just hope this is tv related and that i can never use the mk809 on this tv and have to go back to the mk808b i have in storage...

Comment

Yes mine has:

MKMutual.
                  Hi! I think we have a very similar stick!
                  Code:
                   Mine Is:
                  RockChip[B]: RK3188-T[/B] SBAU32GS 1338
                  RAM: [B]SCSEMICON HXB15H4G800BF-15H[/B] 667MHZ DDR3 1333H 9-9-9
                  HDMI: [B]ITE IT66121FN[/B]
                  FLASH-ROM: [B]TOSHIBA[/B] TC58TEG6DCJTA00
                  WIFI: [B]AP6210 TOD600D 1239[/B] (working)
                  ACTIVE CHIP: [B] 8846QM[/B]
                  Production? 25-13 or 2-5-13
                  I have tested line one hundred of rom/kernel combination! No found a perfect solution...
                  This are my results:

No flickering, perfect stable but NO OVERCLOCK only with Neomode 1.9a or 2.0 at 1080p!

Flickering/distorting problem (but NO SCREEN OFF ONLY BY CONNECTING DICERTLY TO HDMI PORT) with ANY OVERCLOCKED KERNEL (SAMKERNEL/Overclocked kernel with rkomatich) with ROM 2.1 or finless 1.6b or Hybrid 1.7! I have succesfully pushed to 1,9ghz cpu and ddr 800 ram... but flickering!

So my idea is: our GPU in Frequency Locked (I have to test it with dsmeg from terminal) and every time you push the cpu out of their stock frequency the image goes distorting... or maybe A BIG PROBLEM with our HDMI DRIVER....

Neomede WE NEED YOUR HELP!

P.S. Not a power problem! Now i'm using a 5V - 4A PSU! 20W TOTAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Gianca90 View Post
                    Hi! I think we have a very similar stick!
                    Code:
                     Mine Is:
                    RockChip[B]: RK3188-T[/B] SBAU32GS 1338
                    RAM: [B]SCSEMICON HXB15H4G800BF-15H[/B] 667MHZ DDR3 1333H 9-9-9
                    HDMI: [B]ITE IT66121FN[/B]
                    FLASH-ROM: [B]TOSHIBA[/B] TC58TEG6DCJTA00
                    WIFI: [B]AP6210 TOD600D 1239[/B] (working)
                    ACTIVE CHIP: [B] 8846QM[/B]
                    Production? 25-13 or 2-5-13
                    I have tested line one hundred of rom/kernel combination! No found a perfect solution...
                    This are my results:

No flickering, perfect stable but NO OVERCLOCK only with Neomode 1.9a or 2.0 at 1080p!

Flickering/distorting problem (but NO SCREEN OFF ONLY BY CONNECTING DICERTLY TO HDMI PORT) with ANY OVERCLOCKED KERNEL (SAMKERNEL/Overclocked kernel with rkomatich) with ROM 2.1 or finless 1.6b or Hybrid 1.7! I have succesfully pushed to 1,9ghz cpu and ddr 800 ram... but flickering!

So my idea is: our GPU in Frequency Locked (I have to test it with dsmeg from terminal) and every time you push the cpu out of their stock frequency the image goes distorting... or maybe A BIG PROBLEM with our HDMI DRIVER....

Neomede WE NEED YOUR HELP!

P.S. Not a power problem! Now i'm using a 5V - 4A PSU! 20W TOTAL!

Do you get a stable device with 1.9a without overclock even if cable connected or only when connected directly to your tv?

Comment

Originally posted by uha666 View Post
                      Do you get a stable device with 1.9a without overclock even if cable connected or only when connected directly to your tv?
                      Yes, no flickering also with hdmi cable! Same with 2.0 but frequencies locked at 1.4ghz

Comment

Thanks Gianca!

I will do more thorough testings when I have time - 1080P (no overclocking) using Neomode 1.9a still has flicker - but it seems like it is only 60Hz. 50Hz works fine (until now). I do experience very bad performance in video playback though - streamed HD content all jitter. I get 10Mbps using speedtest, so it isn't a Wifi problem.

As said, I will do more testings later. But thanks for your input Gianca, I hope Neomode will comment in this thread soon.

MKMutual.

Comment

How do I find the details about my Rockchip the way demonstrated above?

Comment

Originally posted by Jag View Post
                            How do I find the details about my Rockchip the way demonstrated above?
                            Hi,

Just read the number on the chips of your board. If don't know wich chips are the corresponding ones just post a high res picture of both sides of the board without the heat sinks.

Regards

Comment

I took some shots but they came out terrible.

Wifi: AP6210 TODB005 1346
                              RAM: 512X8 DDR3 HL 1322

The device seems to be more stable/less flicker depending on which TV I plug it into.

Comment

Picuntu 4.5

hello,
                                I have a way to flash Picuntu 4.5 with Nand and Batchtool

Comment

Working...
                                X