Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - MK809 III what firmware to use in this board to solve flickering/black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MKMutual View Post
    Thanks Gianca!

I will do more thorough testings when I have time - 1080P (no overclocking) using Neomode 1.9a still has flicker - but it seems like it is only 60Hz. 50Hz works fine (until now). I do experience very bad performance in video playback though - streamed HD content all jitter. I get 10Mbps using speedtest, so it isn't a Wifi problem.

As said, I will do more testings later. But thanks for your input Gianca, I hope Neomode will comment in this thread soon.

MKMutual.
    MKMutual have you tried the stock roms that someone posted in the 2.1 neomode topic to see if anyone of those has the flicker fixed? I can't test them right now cause i don't have the stick with me this week. It's the firmwares named blue board, green board and black board.

Regards.

Comment

Hi uha!
      No, I haven't. I will do asap!

MKMutual.

Comment

Originally posted by MKMutual View Post
        Hi uha!
        No, I haven't. I will do asap!

MKMutual.
        Any results?

Comment

Well after a few strugling months with non working roms i finally found a rom that works for me. A factory stock rom for the T010 board with the T processor. This completly solves the flickering/blackout problem i had will ALL other roms, ever since i flashed a custom rom over my stock rom (without backing it up back in november) i never got a rom working above 576p without flickering/blackout. This one works.

Also i reminder that my flickering/blackout problem was very specific as it would only appear on some tv's, for example my 24 inch HP monitor and LG 40" TV didn't flicker or blackout, but my 32" sony tv did (even connected directly to hdmi port)

Bare in mind that the only hardware i tested this against is this:

Code:
          [B]HDMI - IT66121FN
          RAM - GEIL 512x8DDR3
          ROM - SANDISK
          WIFI - AP6210 COD604E 1326
          CPU - RK3188-T
          Active - 8846QM CD177

Board Label - [COLOR=#333333]HTC-T010-V3 2013-08-12
          [/COLOR]Case Label - MK809III
          [/B]
          Antutu Score - 15844

Known working stock rom at 1080p - MK809III RK3188T AP6210 sdk3.1 (Compilation date 3-3-2014)

This rom is not rooted and is stock, it was sent to me directly from china manufacturer. I'm currently in possession of about 15 diferent roms for the T010, T018 and T009 boards so if it would be of interest to make a repository as long as you share your results like i did above i will gladly share them.

I would challenge other people that had flickering/blackout problems to post the rom that works for them as above so that we can help ppl with the same problem.

Also if anyone could point me in how to root this rom i would apreciate it. Maybe we could use this rom as a base for a custom for us with flickering/blackout problems (if it also works for you)

Link
          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Regards
          Last edited by uha666; 04-20-2014, 13:14.

Comment

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum so I will begin greeting you all and thanking for sharing your experiencies and helping the community.

My name is Jose, from Uruguay, and recently I bought a MK809III identical version as last posted by UHA666.

As soon as connected I noticed that the usb source that comes with the stick is small for the current it draws, so I made all my tests connected to a notebook via the otg socket.

I was getting a lot of flicker and blackouts with the original firmware it had.

I flashed the image from the link uha666 gave and it runs more stable.

I installed xbmc and netflix and both runs ok. After a couple of minutes I got my first blackout, and so on.
            Sometimes stops for 3 minutes and start again, and stops.
            I can not correlate this behavior to any specific app.
            I guess it is HDMI related and the quality of the chipset.

I run Antutu and got 15021.

Please did somebody find a way to root this stick. Is there an alternative custom image that runs more stable?

Worst of all is the wifi signal, Really poor reception. I am planing to replace antenna to one from an old dead wifi router, I guess at least 5db pig tail.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X