Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Android or Linux from an SD card on a RK3288 device - An easy way to dual boot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Android or Linux from an SD card on a RK3288 device - An easy way to dual boot

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    hmmm, I wondering why I see during this process 3 times
    Code:
    [ 1504.773386] usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 12 using ehci-pci
    as 12, 13, 14
    and also
    Code:
    [ 2039.695572] usb-storage 1-1.4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
    [ 2039.696357] scsi13 : usb-storage 1-1.4:1.0
    [ 2040.826828] scsi 13:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Multiple Card  Reader     1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
    as 13, 14 and 15...

maybe because of changing the partition table???

Also I see
    Code:
    [ 1536.679136]  sdc: sdc1 sdc2 sdc3 sdc4
    and later
    Code:
    [ 2041.535827]  sdc: sdc1
    Also why
    Code:
    [ 1539.042267] EXT4-fs ([B]loop0[/B]): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
    ?
    The reset of high speed usb is nothing to worry about. The loop back is mounted on the script and when you plug the usb in all you need to do is disable auto mount it causes havoc. Reboot after doing this so dd is more sensable.

update:

I just remembered I posted the automount fix for mint 17 on another thread cause there was a post abut it in another thread. To stop the auto mount happenening. Open a terminal as the normal ie dont set your self up as root with sudo su. and type

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount-open false
    gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount false

reboot the system to get rid of any loopbacks youll notice when you plug the usb in now it doesnt show on the desktop.

if your using a different distro you can just install gconfig

sudo apt-get install gconfig

then type the following and change the settings with that
    gconf-editor

I know this is a bit off topic but I installed kodo 14.1 and have had 0 micro stutters so far on the stock 11k tronsmart firmware you might want to install that after you put whatever firmware you using.
    Last edited by grant2258; 02-07-2015, 02:13.

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
      T
      I know this is a bit off topic but I installed kodo 14.1 and have had 0 micro stutters so far on the stock 11k tronsmart firmware you might want to install that after you put whatever firmware you using.
      Thanks it worked!

Yeah using wasser I dont have micro stutter as well, its still nice to have it working so I can test a rom before I flash it on the device.

Comment

Loving it, running lubuntu on a 125G SSD which has been booted off a 2G SDcard. Change to my android SDcard and have android. Firefly base machine, add a different .RFS for different flavors of Linux or change to a different Kernel. Have the same options with Android. Just change SDcard and power up. Thanks Linuxium.

---cappybob

Comment

No wifi or network on the mk902ii but boots up no issues switched out the loader perfect. Thanks for this. Been playing with it all night.

I know it's not there yet but nice to see mmm maybe once 3d drivers and Mali working will be sweet.

Great work.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Change desktop resolution from 16bit/pixel to 24- or 32 bit/pixel.

Hello
            I'm using this ROM on my Ugoos ut3 / ut3s (4G RAM 32G emmc) with 2T WD Harddisk.

I'm happy about the stable performance of this ROM, but I have a little wish to have 24- or 32bit/pixel that's gives a better look of the movies and pictures.
            At the moment my DE shows only 16bit/pixel.

Sam from Ugoos has realized this option in ubuntu 14.10 Firmware, but there is no chance to boot RFS from sdcard or USB, at the moment.

Is anybody able to help me regarding this topic?

Thanx

Comment

Read Ugoos last software release SD card for all 3 models availible now.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Read Ugoos last software release SD card for all 3 models availible now.
                I cannot boot HPH_ROM_v1.7_by_mo123 ROM from SD card. Any other ROM suggest to me it you have success to boot from SD card

Comment

I've been trying to make this into sd card version but I can't get to work the command brings me to parameter file missing? But I can see its in the sane folder where I run command from?

Comment

hi Linuxium , do you have script for runing linux from USB without flashing device ? or runing linux from usb , but flashing boot to sd card , not in to nand or recovery ?
                    k-r42 Board TN-BX09_V.2.1 2013/05/31 ,wifi RTL8188ETV,
                    rom 1.0.4 (kitkat) old revision Wasser

Comment

Firefly team have released the Firefly-RK3288 Android 5.1 SDK.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...14-10-firmware

I've been trying to make this into sd card version but I can't get to work the command brings me to parameter file missing? But I can see its in the sane folder where I run command from?
                        Same difficulty here. Different cards, readers, devices used, still no luck. Ugoos' 15.04 runs well on the UT3. I'd love to make an SD boot version from it, that has MAC_L1's single addition to the parameter.linux file added, to enable mackodi to run from SD booted 15.04

Comment

create-linux-sdcard
                          trap: SIGINT: bad trap
                          create-linux-sdcard: Is your SD card loaded as '/dev/sdc' (y/n)? create-linux-sdcard: 67: read: Illegal option -n

create-linux-sdcard: Do you want to use a different device? create-linux-sdcard: 77: read: Illegal option -n

create-linux-sdcard: Enter new device name?

Comment

Look like we not getting it lol

Comment

I'm a new owner of a UT3S. Currently Android is internal and I can boot linux from SD. I'm considering having it the other way around - that is, flashing internal memory with linux and SD booting to Android. But I'm having difficulty coming up with a bootable Android SD card.

Dual boot is not an option for my use case since the entire internal memory will be needed for linux.

It looks like Linuxium's script can create an Android boot card but I'm stuck at what the -.img file needs to be. I've downloaded the Ugoos 2.2.0 release from http://ugoos.net/index.php?route=pro...download_id=97 but what's there doesn't seem to fit with Linuxium's script. ??

Since my UT3S currently runs Android internally, is there a way to generate an SD card or a suitable -.img file directly from the device itself? Would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.
                              Last edited by Nixie; 10-10-2015, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixie View Post
                                I'm a new owner of a UT3S. Currently Android is internal and I can boot linux from SD. I'm considering having it the other way around - that is, flashing internal memory with linux and SD booting to Android. But I'm having difficulty coming up with a bootable Android SD card.

Dual boot is not an option for my use case since the entire internal memory will be needed for linux.

It looks like Linuxium's script can create an Android boot card but I'm stuck at what the -.img file needs to be. I've downloaded the Ugoos 2.2.0 release from http://ugoos.net/index.php?route=pro...download_id=97 but what's there doesn't seem to fit with Linuxium's script. ??

Since my UT3S currently runs Android internally, is there a way to generate an SD card or a suitable -.img file directly from the device itself? Would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.
                                Hello Nixie, did you try the Firefly bit I mentioned? It might work well enough for your Android needs and is simple to try. As stated, it will not alter the resident OS. I am still trying to get one of Ugoos' images to work, but I don't have a lot of time right now. Hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X