Lollipop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lollipop

It looks like lollipop will be heading our way some time after Chinese New Year. https://twitter.com/Vincent_RK/statu...796596225?s=03)

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

We live in hope but for me, what Rockchip say and what they deliver would be something that would come with great scepticism based upon history.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Last but not least, I would like to get a stable KK instead opening a new construction zone/roadworks with all it problems at the beginning...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

LOL true Dat no spam!!!
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
          That means it's before 19 February 2015.
          Which year wasn't specified lol

Comment

Mabye rockchip screw over everyone with latest press that they join with manufacturer to produce cheaper tv box then suppliers providing now. Maybe they just release lollipop on thier own device and support it like Google.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              Last but not least, I would like to get a stable KK instead opening a new construction zone/roadworks with all it problems at the beginning...
              Amen to that. I've been having lollipop for awhile on my ADT-1 now and I don't see what the big deal is. Can anyone give me a specific reason why it's better than kit Kat?

Seems like to me the biggest difference is that it's a little bit harder to root, and kitkat is a pain, too, until someone figured it out and posted a script for it.

I'm starting to think Google is beginning to do what Apple does, which is release updates that don't have any real value other than making it harder to root(or in the case of Apple, jailbreak).

Lollipop requires changes to the kernel code to root properly, or at least it does in the case of the ADT-1.

Cheers,
              -SB
              ---------------------------------------
              Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
              Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
              Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
              RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
              ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Any news now that the Chinese new year has been reached?

Comment

Yes, reached, but holiday till 25.

And I don't think you will get any news at 26. ...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                    Amen to that. I've been having lollipop for awhile on my ADT-1 now and I don't see what the big deal is. Can anyone give me a specific reason why it's better than kit Kat?

Seems like to me the biggest difference is that it's a little bit harder to root, and kitkat is a pain, too, until someone figured it out and posted a script for it.

I'm starting to think Google is beginning to do what Apple does, which is release updates that don't have any real value other than making it harder to root(or in the case of Apple, jailbreak).

Lollipop requires changes to the kernel code to root properly, or at least it does in the case of the ADT-1.

Cheers,
                    -SB
                    From info here, it looks like there are some TV box-specific improvements. I doubt it will be revolutionary, more a subtle evolution. I thought this looked interesting...
                    1. Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores

I read somewhere that Ugoos is working on Android 5 for the UT3S, UT3 models and the UM3. They state A5 support coming on their website for the UT3S.

Comment

Most people are so excited about changes to the UI and other little changes, but the biggest difference is the switch from dalvik to ART.

All of the other changes in android L could really be implemented in jelly bean or kitkat just easily (well kk even includes ART). I'm not sure how big of a difference ART will make, because I haven't seen comparisons of app loading speed, RAM usage, etc. But I still feel like there really isn't all that much difference between kk and L.

As far as 64-bit support goes, 64-bit is nothing new and only apps optimized for it will benefit. What is new is ARM 64 (ARMv8) and that including the problems associated with a new platform will probably come to define android L more than other changes. So basically i still don't see how android L will make much difference for current gen devices, and that includes rk3288. Any new GUI tricks or new features can always be backported. Arm v8 is where the important changes will come.

About android 64-bit, this could have been possible already on amd64 and MIPS 64 already. It even makes sense for Intel's latest chips is a long time coming for MIPS 64. In fact with the Chinese latest obsession with 64 bit and multicore, I'm surprised this hasn't already been done with mips64. It has a long proven record of multiprocessing which scales up to thousands cores, a couple decades of proven 64 bit track record, and low cost, low power cores.

I guess that just goes to show how much more marketshare ARM has on android compared to MIPS.

Maybe one day that will even out some, but it seems that android has grown up so close to the developments in ARM that it may never happen.
                      Cheers,
                      -SB
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

You are correct. My Nexus 7 automatically updates to Android Lollipop and it is terrible lagging. I just want to go back to Kitkat and warn people to keep the expectation at low level.

Comment

Same here, I'm was told by bluetimes sales representative, they are releasing android 5.0 for their RK 3288 TV Box within 3 months.

Comment

You should have asked when they are releasing all the fixes needed for kitkat you can guess how many screw ups will be on lollipop when they still haven't released new rom in over a month to correct everything that was wrong with thier software. Good luck with lollipop release from them you'll get rockchip release with not many items released by them.

Comment

What are fixes/issues in KitKat you refer to ?

I'm just got my TV Box so haven't play with it much yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X