This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    I've read that some people on here are running at 4k60hz?
    Check out this thread

Comment

But it could be also the same problem because of the 10bit output and 8bit input at the HDMI at the TV... do we know which TV he talks about?
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        But it could be also the same problem because of the 10bit output and 8bit input at the HDMI at the TV... do we know which TV he talks about?
        I just read the thread over and missed this part:

I solved my sound problem using SPIF optical cable. I think it was the ARC function of my TV that was not working properly :/
        He doesn't mention what kind of tv it was but he did eventually get 4k to work.

And also there is this that I found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHL8Pm6Ih4
        He is playing 4k video from the Bluetimes Pro apparently.

So yes those boxes are able to pump out 4k.

Comment

4K@60Hz(FPS)

Originally posted by Rayzin View Post
          I just read the thread over and missed this part:

He doesn't mention what kind of tv it was but he did eventually get 4k to work.

And also there is this that I found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHL8Pm6Ih4
          He is playing 4k video from the Bluetimes Pro apparently.

So yes those boxes are able to pump out 4k.
          4k works at 30hz on my 4k tv but not at 60hz which it should as advertised. This seems to be because the Rk3288 is only compatible with 10bit colour HDMI 2.0 ports as is said on the open chameleon website. I believe some posters on here with 10bit colour HDMI 2.0 ports on here have managed to get 4k@60hz working. If you only have a TV with an 8bit colour HDMI 2.0 port then you will only get 4k@30hz.

Comment

4k works at 30hz on my 4k tv but not at 60hz which it should as advertised. This seems to be because the Rk3288 is only compatible with 10bit colour HDMI 2.0 ports as is said on the open chameleon website. I believe some posters on here with 10bit colour HDMI 2.0 ports on here have managed to get 4k@60hz working. If you only have a TV with an 8bit colour HDMI 2.0 port then you will only get 4k@30hz.
            According to RK3288 specification, it does support 8Bit color @60hz , just that they make it @60Hz at 10Bits.

Comment

You are wrong. Unless the Rockchip datasheet is false, there is an H.265 decoder = 4k@60hz. http://dl.radxa.com/rock2/docs/hw/ds...2020140516.pdf. See page 13 under "HEVC decoder". Note where it says "Main/Main10".

It doesn't make sense why a lower bit (8bit) will not work but a higher bit (10bit) would work. This is not a Rockchip issue. Please see the wiki page here about HEVC decoding and you will see both 10bit and 8bit work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Ef...oding#Profiles - "The Main 10 profile allows for a bit depth of 8-bits to 10-bits per sample with 4:2:0 chroma sampling.[1][2] HEVC decoders that conform to the Main 10 profile must be capable of decoding bitstreams made with the following profiles: Main and Main 10". That means both 8bit and 10bit can be decoded.

Some further reading on HEVC -
              http://iphome.hhi.de/wiegand/assets/pdfs/2012_12_IEEE-HEVC-Overview.pdf. Go to page 17. Under the heading "B. The HEVC Profile and Level Definitions" it says - "Only 4:2:0 chroma sampling is supported." Only 4:2:0 for Main/Main10 requirements which the datasheet from the rk3288 Radxa board I referenced from above states as supported.

Now take all that information and lets look at the HDMI2.0 interface. Please look at the hdmi website http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdm...0_faq.aspx#146. You will see the chroma sampling rate 4:2:0 under 8bit and 10bit at 4k@60.

To conclude, rk3288 = able to HEVC decode 4k@60 at both 8bit and 10bit.

If you are not getting 4k@60 check to see if these things are in order; Your tv specs, your HDMI cable, and your box firmware.

Comment

It may be that the box firmware does not support 4k@60 with 8bit then.

I've tried 3 different HDMI 2.0 cables, my TV input is HDMI 2.0 8bits. I get no option for 4k@60hz.

If the 3288 does support 8bit @60hz, then all the FW I've tried can't be supporting it.

Comment

I can report that I am able to get a 4k 3840x2160 @ 60fps signal from my
                  Beelink R89

to this 4K TV:
                  Samsung UE50HU6900

Although I had two signal drops where I saw a black screen for around 2 seconds in the first few minutes after setup, it looked stable afterwards.
                  I do have micro stuttering with 4k 25fps material, but 4k 60fps material (h265 encoded) seems to work fine (no visible stuttering)
                  Beelink NETXEON R89B V3.1 RK3288/A P6335/2G/16G
                  Screen: Samsung UE50HU6900 - link: 3840x2160@60Hz 10Bit
                  Apps: MXPlayer, Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon, scriptmanager, kbox2
                  (think: Public Display 4k)

Comment

I dont know what uhd deep colour option actually do in my tv (lg 55ub850v), but when i set this to disabled, then i get only uhd@30Hz out of my tronsmart r28 meta. Enabled, and i have up to 60Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayzin View Post
                      You are wrong. Unless the Rockchip datasheet is false, there is an H.265 decoder = 4k@60hz.

It doesn't make sense why a lower bit (8bit) will not work but a higher bit (10bit) would work. This is not a Rockchip issue. Please see the wiki page here about HEVC decoding and you will see both 10bit and 8bit work.
                      There is major difference between decoding and displaying. Even if you can decode 8 bit content on RK3288 SoC its HDMI interface from unknown reason can not use this mode when display resolution is above 1080p. I know that it sound like an absurd but for now it is so. It might be associated with some hardware flaws.

@Xinot. "Deep colour" in UHD Samsung TV mean exactly 10bit HDMI 2.0 mode.
                      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                      bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                        There is major difference between decoding and displaying. Even if you can decode 8 bit content on RK3288 SoC its HDMI interface from unknown reason can not use this mode when display resolution is above 1080p. I know that it sound like an absurd but for now it is so. It might be associated with some hardware flaws.

@Xinot. "Deep colour" in UHD Samsung TV mean exactly 10bit HDMI 2.0 mode.
                        I don't think hardware flaws because HEVC decoder profiles of Main10 specifically states that it is backwards compatible with Main. If it was hardware, both profiles would fail and nobody would be able to play 4k@60 at all. But as you can see people here are getting it to work at 4k@60 with 10bit apparently. So it must be driver/firmware issues.

Comment

@Rayzin.You are too much concentrated on RK3288 video decoder unit (VPU) capability that you have problem with understanding what I wrote about display interface. These are not the same thing. For example you can decode HEVC video (8 or 10 bit per sample) and by downsampling display that picture on CRT TV at 576i resolution through composite video interface (AV jack).

For now RK3288 HDMI output can only transmit 4k resolution video at 60fps when working in 10 bit per channel mode. Why is that? This is question for engineers working on that project but it might not be a software problem. Display interfaces are almost completly hardware based and there are only registers which can set some configuration parameters or read data sent from display. If there is no hardware to support 4k at 60fps and 8 bit per channel mode then it will never be otherwise.
                          Last edited by Gormar; 03-02-2015, 09:41.
                          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Hi there. A quick question to the round of 4k 60fps enthusiasts here:

Can the RK3288 hardware-decoder handle h265 10bit streams?
                            Can the RK3288 hardware-decoder handle h265 yuv444 or yuv422 streams?

I'm at the moment encoding my videos with an x265 8bit enabled ffmpeg with yuv420.

Comment

Rk3288 HEVC decoder support Main and Main10 profiles. Therefor it should play video encoded in RGB101010 and YUV 4:2:0.

If you provide samples then someone will certainly test it.
                              Last edited by Gormar; 03-02-2015, 09:40.

Comment

whats RK101010 ? (couldn't find anything about it using google)
                                Last edited by kaefert; 03-02-2015, 10:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X