Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo G66 TV Box - RK3288 / Android 5.1.1 / 2/16GB ROM / 2.4G + 5.8G Wi-Fi / 100Mbps / BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but get the root?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanislav Belkin View Post
      but get the root?
      Hi ,

nearly every Box/Rom can be rooted ,

gefattern

Comment

Good evening! Dumped the firmware dump of this device. And checked by pouring it into the device. Everything went fine. And I found the contacts of the test point. I installed firmware from UGOOS UT3 / UT3S. They are set normally, but WI-Fi does not work. In the themes RK3288 found custom recovery, TWRP and CWM. But neither the remote control nor the mouse worked in it. The translator wrote through Google, do not judge strictly.
        Firmware

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pavluha View Post
            That is not a second USB,it's a TTL serial connection.

You can connect it through ch341a and get bootlog.

Comment

Good evening! Dumped the firmware dump of this device. And checked by pouring it into the device. Everything went fine. And I found the contacts of the test point. I installed firmware from UGOOS UT3 / UT3S. They are set normally, but WI-Fi does not work. In the themes RK3288 found custom recovery, TWRP and CWM. But neither the remote control nor the mouse worked in it. The translator wrote through Google, do not judge strictly.
              Firmware
              You mean you installed the UT3 firmware into this Lenovo G66? If so,no wonder wifi,remote don't work.
              Different wifi chip and different remote code in the dts file in the kernel.

Comment

I know that there is another chip. I meant that she gets up, and she is with the root. You can at least start experimenting with something.

IR not work in TWRPor CWM.

Comment

I know that there is another chip. I meant that she gets up, and she is with the root. You can at least start experimenting with something.

IR not work in TWRPor CWM.
                  yeah,thanks for your test,and the dump.

I just forgot,this box doesn't have a IR component.
                  The remote works with a 2.4g dongle receiver actually,certainly not working in TWRP or CWM.

Comment

Why do we need a vibro motor? This is a real vibro motor, I checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190808_121413.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	780509

Comment

I guess Lenovo & Tencent used to have an ambitious plan for online gaming business on this model,but they gave up.

I wonder where to get this android 5.1.1 firmware to upgrade?I got mine stuck in 4.4.1.The dump can only be written through an expensive EMMC programmer.

And Rockchip has rolled out andorid 7.0 for RK3288,but no customized firmware for this machine just because of the proprietary chip?

Comment

Originally posted by anteros View Post

I guess Lenovo & Tencent used to have an ambitious plan for online gaming business on this model,but they gave up.

I wonder where to get this android 5.1.1 firmware to upgrade?I got mine stuck in 4.4.1.The dump can only be written through an expensive EMMC programmer.

And Rockchip has rolled out andorid 7.0 for RK3288,but no customized firmware for this machine just because of the proprietary chip?
                        Do you have Lenovo G66 with android 4.4?

Comment

I was able to add our drivers from Lan to the Ugoos firmware. Lan network works fine. But I can not find the driver from WIFI. Where can they be located? In which folder?

Comment

I was able to add our drivers from Lan to the Ugoos firmware. Lan network works fine. But I can not find the driver from WIFI. Where can they be located? In which folder?
                            yes,my machine is in 4.4.1.

The wifi & blue chip is AP6536S.
                            Some dev guy in China has already had solution for this chip with RK3288 on android 6.

Update the driver & nvram for wifi &BT.May need to compile the kernel I guess,I am not ROM developer.
                            This machine has good heat sink design and no lagging of online video,good EMMC.

Using google translation https://blog.csdn.net/kris_fei/article/details/87630882

And RK3288 can be built on Android 7 now with the latest SDK,it should be not difficult for ROM developers,but no one care to customize one now.

The official 4.4.1 firmware is here: http://ms.myapp.com/myapp/ministation/app_rom/lx/miniStation_update.zip
                            After install,get an OTA update,but still 4.4.1.

You may extract some useful files if needed.

Last edited by anteros; 08-15-2019, 01:43.

Comment

Hi guys,

do you have new firmware for our device?

thanks!

Comment

Hi,I just forgot,this vibro motor is for feedback of pressing the top for 3 seconds,then the box will sleep.Your firmware doesn't have that function?

And one question is that how did you dump the whole firmware?Just how?
                                How to pour into the device again? Pls provide more details or steps.
                                Stuck with 4.4.2 and no ROM developer cares to customize a 5.1.1 or 7.1 firmware for this device.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X