Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I was talking about. These are my results in SD Bench for ram and internal storage...

...but, the old firmware I mentioned earlier can get 90MB read and 50MB write, somehow. Gonna figure this out eventually. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

I haven't forgotten about you ... I'm going to get back to finishing a port for your device very soon. It's a very tricky one, but we're gonna figure it out..
      Thanks Shomari,
      I didn't think you forgot man. Just wanted you to know that I have been trying various things on my own to see if I could get it to boot. I have tried some real weird combinations of images...lol
      but still no luck.
      thanks again for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post

Thanks Shomari,
        I didn't think you forgot man. Just wanted you to know that I have been trying various things on my own to see if I could get it to boot. I have tried some real weird combinations of images...lol
        but still no luck.
        thanks again for all your help
        ...you see the system image I linked for you not long ago today?

Comment

...you see the system image I linked for you not long ago today?
          No I didn't see it....you PM it? My bad Shomari I just saw it. Will flash and let you know how it goes.
          thanks much

Comment

... they can't be 'mixed'. It's either you 'disassemble' the cluster topology (true octacore hack) or keep the clusters intact (power menu fix) ... unless you know another way, and can still preserve the performance and power efficiency of both methods.

There's one other possible way, but it's a little more involved and I never really pursued it much..
            While i was testing i found out that if you flash the T8C kernel and the PMF recourse you get reboot capabilities while the performance is still available...

But while the box boots there appears an error for half a second and then disappears.. And i dont know if you can preserve power efficiency..

It was very late in the night and i didn't test farther since its a Frankenstein Rom and not an option for daily use..

Just wanted to share the results...

Comment

Originally posted by jit18 View Post

While i was testing i found out that if you flash the T8C kernel and the PMF recourse you get reboot capabilities while the performance is still available...

But while the box boots there appears an error for half a second and then disappears.. And i dont know if you can preserve power efficiency..

It was very late in the night and i didn't test farther since its a Frankenstein Rom and not an option for daily use..

Just wanted to share the results...
              hahaha sometimes frankenstein firmware is what people run by choice for one reason or another

Comment

No I didn't see it....you PM it? My bad Shomari I just saw it. Will flash and let you know how it goes.
                thanks much
                Shomari,
                from stock I flashed the boot image you gave. Made sure the box booted fine, then flashed the system image you just provided. Box doesn't boot. Stays on the M8Pro logo screen.

Comment

Shomari,
                  from stock I flashed the boot image you gave. Made sure the box booted fine, then flashed the system image you just provided. Box doesn't boot. Stays on the M8Pro logo screen.
                  ...damn. It's going to be tricky, then. I'll do some more digging and try again soon. I'll let you know..

Comment

...damn. It's going to be tricky, then. I'll do some more digging and try again soon. I'll let you know..
                    Thanks Shomari,
                    Have you ever seen this on any other box...really strange. I have flashed and rooted many custom roms recoveries etc. Fire TV, Fire TV Sticks Nexus Player, M8S, MXiii, Abox A1, But this one has me stumped..lol the only thing that has worked on this M8Pro is your boot image

Comment

dkholm56

..nope, never seen it, but I know exactly what t the issue is. Getting past it at minimal effort is the question. Especially since any files compatible with your box are not compatible with mine. I can't even look at logs or see kmesg or use adb, because literally all that runs is the recovery environment on my box with those necessary files for yours, and nothing else. No ports, no wireless, none of the physical buttons except to go into loader, etc. About as blind as can be to that hardware when I make changes.

That's why I have to send so many files to you to test each iteration.

It's your box's storage controller and interface. It's entirely different from all the rest. Have to figure out all the dependencies. Got boot checked away, next we need the system and all the libs and shared objects, then finally the dtb and kernel...

Comment

[QUOTE=dkholm56;n643617]
                        ..nope, never seen it, but I know exactly what t the issue is. Getting past it at minimal effort is the question. Especially since any files compatible with your box are not compatible with mine. I can't even look at logs or see kmesg or use adb, because literally all that runs is the recovery environment on my box with those necessary files for yours, and nothing else. No ports, no wireless, none of the physical buttons except to go into loader, etc. About as blind as can be to that hardware when I make changes.

That's why I have to send so many files to you to test each iteration.

It's your box's storage controller and interface. It's entirely different from all the rest. Have to figure out all the dependencies. Got boot checked away, next we need the system and all the libs and shared objects, then finally the dtb and kernel...

Well as long as you're interested in sending files for me to test, I'll test them. Maybe when you are successful, more people with this box will benefit from your work. Not sure how many are out there though. May be just me, so I sure appreciate everything you're doing.

Comment

dkholm56 that's cool. As long as you're patient and willing to test, we'll figure it out

Comment

Shomari,
                            I think you already answered this but I wanted to double check. TWRP recovery will flash on the M8Pro but no partitions will mount, and it says No OS Installed. Is this because of the misc/recovery issue?
                            It would give me some more flash options if I could get TWRP working on the box.
                            thanks

Comment

Shomari,
                              I think you already answered this but I wanted to double check. TWRP recovery will flash on the M8Pro but no partitions will mount, and it says No OS Installed. Is this because of the misc/recovery issue?
                              It would give me some more flash options if I could get TWRP working on the box.
                              thanks
                              you'd need a recovery that matches your partition layout, but beyond that I'm not sure it'll be quite so easy to flash firmware. The main impediment is your storage interface and controller.

This weekend, most likely Sunday, I'll most likely have something for you again. We're very close at this point it's just a matter of sticking to it. I'll be sure to let you know what's necessary to port firmware to your device once we finally get it all together, that way you're not just stuck with my firmware and your stock firmware, in case you'd still want to experiment with other ones.

Comment

you'd need a recovery that matches your partition layout, but beyond that I'm not sure it'll be quite so easy to flash firmware. The main impediment is your storage interface and controller.

This weekend, most likely Sunday, I'll most likely have something for you again. We're very close at this point it's just a matter of sticking to it. I'll be sure to let you know what's necessary to port firmware to your device once we finally get it all together, that way you're not just stuck with my firmware and your stock firmware, in case you'd still want to experiment with other ones.
                                I'll gladly be "stuck" with your firmware..lol
                                Not rushing you at all. Just wanted to know if I remembered correctly if the misc/recovery problem would cause issues with TWRP.
                                thanks much

Comment

Working...
                                X