H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreakDad View Post

Updating apps: Yes they will get updated through the PlayStore if they are the standard freeware apps. These should all be visible in your PlayStore account under your apps section. At least this worked for me.

Kodi: You can run regular Kodi along side of RKMC.

So far I have not seen any OTA updates for this box and am wondering if they will have to be manually installed in the future?
    Thanks for responding.
    I double checked under in the play store (using my account) to see what it says.
    Interesting and different from your experience....under the "installed" tab. I only get some direct apps I have installed (e.g. VLC for Android) and Amazon Prime (as it updated).
    None of the other apps appear here (e.g. MX Player). I am wondering if they will appear as they get updated ?
    Also the Google app keeps trying to update but never does - just returns to the update state ???

I also opened the Kodi app in Play store and it says it's already installed (I am assuming this is because of RKMC being recognised as Kodi ver 18.1).
    What is interesting is that when opened in play store it asks me if I wish to update Kodi to 18.3. If I accept will this break the RKMC app, and does it matter anyway - will I lose any special Rockchip drivers by updating to Kodi 18.3 (instead of RKMC 18.1) ?

Just to add a few more questions - I also noted that that some apps I get on my normal phone (Samsung Galaxy 8 running Android 9) do not appear as available for installation on this device !
    Maybe my device play store appears "upside down" because I am down under

Comment

To FreakDad (or anyone else that can answer),
      I had my questions/issues (above post) - which I noticed I am not alone from a post on Youtube about the issue.
      So... the issue might just be that the later firmware that was discussed in earlier links on this post solves this problem or my questions above.

When you flashed the firmware (dated 20190710) did you use the procedure and software shown on the site (and link in earlier post) ?
      The video on the link shows this process - but with the buttons etc, being in Chinese - does the software come up in English.
      OR did you use other software with the firmware ?

Any help appreciated.

BTW - I checked the sticker on the SOC to see it was also a 2734C board - in line with the firmware on the link.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakDad View Post
        I have one of these and bricked it. Tried the RockChip Batch tool but can't seem to find the proper firmware for this device. Anyone know where to get something that will work on this RockChip 3318 board? The AV button does not function as usual. Held AV button down during boot, device still does not go past the boot screen.
        Click image for larger version Name:	RockChip-3318.png Views:	0 Size:	381.0 KB ID:	778564
        hi friend, did you get bricked? my reset button does not work too, only lights red led and does not turn on, also does not connect to the computer, do you know where to short?

Comment

Hi,
          No my 3318 is still operational as I haven't tried the firmware update as yet.
          I just had issues with Google and the play store not updating stuff correctly.
          According to some Youtube links this has been a common problem apparently solved by the new firmware update.
          On that site there are now three new firmware updates and one new method that might work for you ?
          It uses a USB stick and an installer.exe to load the firmware - you might try that.

The link are "https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade"

I will try the firmware update soon.

Comment

currently on rk3188 user 9 pq2a.190205,033 220146 pretty stable glitches here and there rooted but curiously why so many firmware upgrades the past month I have found h96tvbox has the best ones. I have seen a lot about this box on youtube including the firmware stuff

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Just an update on my experience with updating the firmware on my H96 Max Pro 3318.
              I tried the standard method from the site using a PC, USB male to male cable, factory tool (v4.5), driver assistant (v1.64).
              I could not get this to work the driver installs, the factory tool comes up, but I could not get the box recognised via the connection to attempt a firmware upgrade
              I tried different USB ports on the box and PC. It was like the reset button when pressed wasn't registering.... anyway gave up there.

I then tried the new method using a USB flash drive and update.zip file on the root.
              This worked as per the given tutorial document - but not exactly.
              The things i noted different were:
              - make sure the USB stick you use is recognised by the box first - I first tried an 8GB stick but had to go back to an older 4GB stick.
              - The update was recognised and I was asked to install - however when the box rebooted and was installing I go no message onscreen (as per the tutorial).
              - The box just stated in "boot" mode - however I left it for 5-10 minutes and came back and it had rebooted into new startup screen (to be re-setup again).
              - I performed the factory reset and had to do setup once again.
              - I checked that the kernel was a newer version and it was.

Other notes after the upgrade.
              - The updates to core Google seemed to work through the play store
              - Some of the apps are recognised as installed (but not RKMC/Kodi)
              - When I tried to install Kodi it told me it is already installed with latest version (18.3).
              - probably can uninstall apps and reinstall through Play store.
              - Some apps still not available to the device - but I don't know why - maybe because the device is "rooted" ?

Anyway it's up and running.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                just got a H96Max RK3318 today.
                Android 9.0 4/64. True to me nature could not leave well enough alone and had to make some changes.
                Uninstalled Prime, RKMC and another app with App Remover and rebooted.
                Lo and behold ...bricked... well stuck in boot loop.
                No worries going to flush this thing.... reset button inside AV not working.

Tried USB method... no luck
                SD card method goes as far as restore/format SD card, but create just craps out.
                Cannot do any of the other methods either because reset/short methods unknown.

Anybody know how to reset or short the NAND on this thing out

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Grimleaper,

One thing you might try or consider (if you already haven't) is the fact that in the "how to update firmware statements" from H96tvbox.com they say that the device may not register as connected in the FactoryTool if that PC/laptop has been used for updating other android devices - maybe a driver mismatch issue. The laptop I tried to use had an older Samsung KIES app and driver on it and although I didn't try another laptop (or uninstall kies) this might have been my issue.

The USB may not have worked because I think that the device needs to be up and running for the update to take effect (but I may be wrong).

It could also be a non functioning reset button (??) in which case I do not have a solution at present on how to get around.
                  Hopefully some other electronics whiz may work out how to work around this.
                  Would it be worth emailing the manufacturer with the question just to see what they say - which might not be anything - but might be worth a go ?

Comment

grimleaper If you just received it, why not send it back? and they might just send you a new one and let you keep it cause its not that expensive.I wouldnt tell them what i done, just say it doesnt work or dead on arrival.

Comment

I also had reset button issue, I was able to dissemble and was able to use the reset button

Comment

hello everyone...i need help to fix my H96Max RK3318 - 2Gb/16GB, this garbage bootloop after i download and update "Super SU" app. rebooting...and BOOOM! this ******* cheap shit bootlooping, try to enter Recovery Mode but the reset button on AV jack is not function correctly (maybe it only for Trendy Reset button, but useless inside) if the root have issue with incompabililty outside, why they give us the root firmware?

i will kick the boss H96Max factory ass!

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Only but H96 devices if you want endless problems.
                          RK3318 is a cost down version of RK3328.
                          Why not send it back and just get a better RK3328 instead or a new Amlogic S905x3 device?

Hi, Recently bought one of these, everything works fine apart from when trying to connect to a VPN through Ethernet, it just doesn't work, I can do it through Wi-Fi, just not through Ethernet and it doesn't matter which VPN I use either. Has anyone else had the same problem and know of a fix?

Thanks

Comment

Sounds like something in the build prop, seems like a lot of updates this past month. They seem to be scrabbling on h96tvbox website, new updates very frequently should have bought a h96 plus instead

Comment

pl upload pictures containing h96 max 3318 4gb/64gb model tv box nand pins (which are shorted for mask rom mode for bricked boxes).

Comment

Somebody please upload picture of Nand pins ...which are shorted for mask rom mode of bricked TV box of H96 Max 3318 4gb/64gb as the reset button on AV jack in my box is not working.Not able to locate the nand pins as per post #8 by rdvickers81.

Comment

Working...
                              X