Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidey2001 View Post
    Hi Guys
    I bought an MX 10 with 7.1.2 from Gearbest.
    My problems are

1. I cant clear the running programs however hard i try. Tried using many Cache cleaners but no avail. Also tried many options as suggested by youtube videos but nothing worked.
    Can any buddy help me out?
    2. I dont have bluetooth on the device
    3. In netflix cant change the resolution

regards
    Only 720x480 Netflix.
    You can't change the resolution.

Comment

I just received the mx10 with android 8.1
      Any ideas on the RKMC 18.0 alpha I can't find it to create a shortcut to home screen.
      Only way I can open this is to go to settings, then apps then click RKMC then select open
      If I try the my apps on home screen the app don't exist
      Has anyone else seen this

Comment

Originally posted by ak77pro View Post
        I just received the mx10 with android 8.1
        Only way I can open this is to go to settings, then apps then click RKMC then select open
        Has anyone else seen this
        yea i have the same issue, tried simple things like uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck

Comment

Originally posted by Dan` View Post

yea i have the same issue, tried simple things like uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck
          The RKMC looks like a normal Kodi 18 where the manufacturer just changed the name and logo.
          If you go to System Information it shows Kodi 18 and when playing video it uses normal MediaCodec acceleration, not RKCodec.
          They might have messed up and built the app as an AndroidTV app instead of a normal one, that is why you can't see the icon, maybe only in RKTVLauncher, a leanback launcher.
          RKMC doesn't have Oreo support, it just works by accident. Rockchip already has full Kodi 18 support for over a year now, but with alpha non tested 8.1 firmware on this, it won't run optimally.
          There are problems with .ts and vp9 videos and 10-bit h264 & vc1 playback is also not working.

Comment

Please, recommend a stable Nouga firmware with a working root, with link to download.
            Thanks !

Comment

i just received the mx10 from geekbuying with oreo preinstalled on it. it did not have the upper or lower bar so i figured i should install a different rom on the box so i accidentally installed the MX10 20180515_R2 rom on it using rockchip batch tool 1.8 on it. now the box just gets stuck at boot screen

so i installed the MX10 20180515_R1 and it also gets stuck in boot screen. i tried installing an old 7.1 rom and it still does not work. im not sure what im doing wrong

is it normal for the flash process to only take 1 minute. its a 1.4geg file i expected more time?
              Last edited by fatso485; 06-09-2018, 19:17.

Comment

So I shanged the launcher to "top tv launcher" and this works great .It allows me to set a shortcut to RKMC with no issues
                Everything else works just fine as well

Comment

Originally posted by fatso485 View Post
                  i just received the mx10 from geekbuying with oreo preinstalled on it. it did not have the upper or lower bar so i figured i should install a different rom on the box so i accidentally installed the MX10 20180515_R2 rom on it using rockchip batch tool 1.8 on it. now the box just gets stuck at boot screen

so i installed the MX10 20180515_R1 and it also gets stuck in boot screen. i tried installing an old 7.1 rom and it still does not work. im not sure what im doing wrong

is it normal for the flash process to only take 1 minute. its a 1.4geg file i expected more time?
                  any help would be appreciated guys

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can only use the stock firmware that came with the box, nothing else.
                    There are literally several different board versions of the MX10 all using different firmware and hardware inside and none is compatible with each other.

Originally posted by bangelius1 View Post
                  Please, recommend a stable Nouga firmware with a working root, with link to download.
                  Thanks !
                  look at post #69 on page 5 of this thread. You wont have status bar or navbar though

Comment

Originally posted by fatso485 View Post

any help would be appreciated guys
                    now what do i do? i dont know where to get the origonal firmware that came with my box. i contacted geekbuying and they gave me the same r2 and r1 firmwares.

is there another 8.1 firmware other than these two.

i tried flashing an old nougat rom....same thing. it takes only 1 minute to flash and it gets stuck on boot screen

Comment

У меня тоже пришла коробка с Android 8.0.1, а мне нужно было до 7.1.2 и с рут правами, ставил много раз разные прошивки 7.1.2 и все устанавливалось без проблем с помощью утилиты SD Firmware tool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJack View Post
                          It's back from the dead. Nand mask method worked...

Here are the steps for anyone in a similar situation.

1) PC: Open Rockchip Batch Tool, load firmware image (I chose a 7.1 image)
                          2) MX10: Connect HDMI to monitor. Short eMMC pads (photo 1), at same time press reset switch, then plug USB OTG into PC
                          3) PC: beeps. MX10 appears as yellow icon in Batch Tool.
                          4) MX10: release short and reset switch
                          5) PC: flash image.
                          6) MX10: When flash finishes, MX10 reboots.
                          ... Erase circle appears on screen (for about 5 secs),
                          ... Mbox logo comes on screen (for about 5 minutes),
                          ... Screen changes to warning not to turn power off (for about 5 minutes)
                          ... UI screen appears.

I had to try step 2 a few times before it worked. You may need an extra pair of helping hands.

Cheers,
                          Jack.
                          these instructions didnt work on my box. my box came with 8.1 rom. when i tried to flash it to r2 may release. it got bricked. this is why im doing this

after doing step two step two. the mx10 box start apearing as blue icon instead of green. after finishing the flash process it gets stuck at the boot screen no matter how long i wait

whats the difference between green icon or blue icon anyway

Comment

koyur61, 06-18-2018, 22:25

Great, but is this work really, sounds very good, but did you tryed successfully ?
                            Работает ето ? Тъй уже попробовал ? Спасибо.
                            Last edited by bangelius1; 06-21-2018, 18:10.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X