Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box RK3328 Silver 4/32GB ROM Blue 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi USB3.0 BT4 Voice Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box RK3328 Silver 4/32GB ROM Blue 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi USB3.0 BT4 Voice Control

4/43GB
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180426170255_85625.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	722516

2/16GB
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180426170314_24829.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	722515Specification
    Brand: scishion
    Model: AI ONE
    Type: TV Box
    GPU: Mali-450MP2
    CPU: RK3328
    Core: 1.5GHz,Cortex A53,Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB RAM (silver) or 2GB (blue)
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 32GB (silver) or 16GB (blue)
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
    Decoder Format: 4K VP9,H.264,H.265,HD MPEG1/2/4
    Video format: 1080P,4K,H.264,H.265,VC-1,VP8,VP9
    Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,RM,WMA
    Photo Format: JPEG,JPG,PNG
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
    5G WiFi: No
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: AV,DC 5V,HD,RJ45,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0,USB3.0
    Language: Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,DLNA,Others
    System Bit: 64Bit
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Product weight: 0.0950 kg
    Package weight: 0.3400 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 10.00 x 10.00 x 1.70 cm / 3.94 x 3.94 x 0.67 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 17.50 x 13.50 x 6.40 cm / 6.89 x 5.31 x 2.52 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter, HDMI Cable, 1 x IR Remote Control, 1 x English User Manual
    Gearbest
    Last edited by superceleron; 05-02-2018, 21:48.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

64 bit 8.1 hmmmm new.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes all new and a clock as well Bargain
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Is it with official Android TV user interface?
        Anyone knows if now the RK SoC based tv boxes support proper HD Audio passthrough?

Comment

Originally posted by vadergr View Post
          Is it with official Android TV user interface?
          Anyone knows if now the RK SoC based tv boxes support proper HD Audio passthrough?
          No, normal Android.
          There will be other RK3328 devices with real AndroidTV Oreo 8.1 and Google Certified soon.
          I already tested AndroidTV Oreo 8.1 on RK3328 but lots of changes are needed to adjust it to tv boxes.
          Google only through of making AndroidTV for actual tv's and not add any support for things such as volume control, power off, keyboard support etc. for external devices that don't use the tv's remote and features.
          Multitasking, recent app support is also killed by Google, so users switching from tablet firmware tv boxes will be a bit disappointed when switching to AndroidTV.
          There are also very, very few apps in the AndroidTV app store and root is also not possible.

Yes, if the device uses proper firmware with updates and lots of support then passthrough works.
          Eg. this box won't have working 4K or HDR just like on Nougat.
          Oreo is actually a firmware update compatible with older devices but it seems lots of manufacturers release brand new RK3328 devices with Oreo instead of releasing it for their older RK3328 devices that are also compatible with it. The new devices have hardware changes and you can't use their Oreo on the older devices that have different hardware. That says a lot about software support.

Comment

Can ATV be installed on this?

Comment

Originally posted by artouiros View Post
              Can ATV be installed on this?
              Only if the manufacturer releases it for the device.

Comment

Any word on if this has Android TV OS? The photos on the gearbest page are confusing. It's showing the Android TV version of the Youtube app, but the screenshot showing the homescreen looks like Android TV OS, but the icons are the regular Android OS icons.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by humanoidtypo View Post
                  Any word on if this has Android TV OS? The photos on the gearbest page are confusing. It's showing the Android TV version of the Youtube app, but the screenshot showing the homescreen looks like Android TV OS, but the icons are the regular Android OS icons.
                  It's normal Android with Rockchip TVLauncher.

Comment

When will Trebor review this TV box? If Trebor's review is favorable, I shall buy this TV box.

Comment

Today we can have a close look at the
                      SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box RK3328 Blue 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi USB3.0 BT4 Voice Control remote

Lets see what this is all about

The Box

What's in the Box

Ports the look around: Front Display and IR Pickup, Box is all Plastic

Rear Ports: HDMI, AV OUT, Optical SPIDF and Power

USB2, USB3

TF Card Slot and Reset Switch

Remove the base, tap covering ram.

Out with PCB Top View

Ram Type front and Read of PCB x 8 chips

WiFi Chip with Built in PCB Antenna

Thanks to
                      Gearbest
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Continuing on.....with the
                        SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box RK3328 Blue 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi USB3.0 BT4 Voice Control remote

To start we have No root access and no upper and lower tash bars etc to be expeted I guess, all in good time we can hope
                        Running Android 8.1 and its own look alike ATV, usable I found, customise a little to meet your needs.
                        I found some testers would not orientate to the correct view (ran sideways)

Overall the UI is snappy and smooth, no lag, running a 720 UI guess would help,

Setting the same as in A7 nothing new or different to be found, same with Developer mode, and no More/Droid settings

At present the box is Ok compared to others
                        Have Oreo 8.1 so that may help it along and can only get better

WiFi and Google setup ok no Issues found does as expected

Voice BT remote Ok Voice commands seem to work in its own RK way also using Logitech K400 no worries

Let's have a look at some Tests etc,

UI, not ATV but a RK ATV

Apps Installed

System Info

And the Hot Pot is back

DRM L3

Ram and Storage Truth

Sd Card test pro: ran side ways

CPU-Z

Geekbench CPU:

http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8503759

Geekbench Compute:

System up to date at present

Wifi and Ethernet ok for a Saturday Night

Bit Of RKMC

Bit Cold the last and next few mornings

Some Play Back Demos

Not liking Webm

No Audio on this one

Got out of Sync after a while

Stuttered and carried on not happy

Did not like TS files

All Good

Played Via Plex/Kodi and some from USB 3 Drive most ok a few would not, or carry on as shown
                        Maybe just needs a bit of tweaking in the right place.

Running the 720 UI is better for these slower CPU they don't overheat and the playback ok, and Ui snappy

Box appears snappy enough, and does the ok job.

Being First on Oreo A8, things will improve we can hope and worth a look.

No major heat problems as yet, and early days and some room for improvement.

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Got the GREY version on it's way, that is not a very promising review, TREBOR......... thanks as always.........
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Blue is a more blokey colour I find
                            Early days with Oreo and RK,
                            We Know how these new things always start a little rough around the edges, give it time

I don't Kodi/Rkmc a lot so maybe a few setting need a tweak or SPMC I will leave that for those who do.

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I got mine today. The box has a metal casing gets hot but bearable. I will doing a 24 hour test to see how it goes for heat transfer.
                              I don't really like the launcher, is there a way to change it? I tried to download different launcher from Google Play but i could not launch them.

Comment

Working...
                              X