X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new version 20180920.

Major change.

Kernel upgrade.

The system of choosing the correct dtb has changed.

Please note, now it should be done on a different principle (files do not need to be copied).

To select the desired dtb, you need to change the line in the text file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf". In the line "FDT" you need to change the name of the file that the system will use at startup. The list of available files (names to specify in the configuration) can be found in the "dtb"directory. If you do not know exactly what file you need , you can enter all available names in turn and check the operation of the system. In accordance with this, the system installation script in eMMC has been changed. The steps to install the system on the eMMC remain the same.
    Changed the first message of the theme according to the new order of using dtb files.
    Added download link to MEGA. Please note that the update of versions on MEGA is not as often as on yandex.

Comment

new version v5.60 20180922.

Comment

The version Ubuntu Bionic Desktop of the image 20180930 with support for full-screen video through MPV with HW.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8082...&comment=63063

Comment

New ver Armbian 5.62 (20181008).

Comment

In previous images, a strange error was found, so I updated the images to version 20181014.

Checked on MVR9, everything works. Added additional image with Ubuntu Bionic and built-in MPV with HW support. The video plays in full screen. For those who need to play full screen video from Youtube, I recommend To install SMPlayer and Smtube packages, configure Smplayer (in additional options to use MPV with options "--vo=gpu --gpu-context=drm --hwdec=rkmpp" ) and you will get Youtube video in full screen in Smtube.

Comment

New ver 5.64 20181019

Now I tested the latest version of the 5.64 system when playing video on MVR9. With the right options settings for MPV on the rk3328, you can watch full screen video at 1080p resolution (not perfect, but acceptable). But found that for continuous operation of the system must have a good cooling. All TV boxes with plastic housings require mandatory revision of the housing and it is very desirable to install the fan. Only in this case the system starts to work steadily and gives its full potential.
              Last edited by balbes150; 10-20-2018, 13:36.

Comment

New ver 5.67 20181117

Comment

New images on the site. Details of the tests can be found here.

Comment

ver 20181227

Comment

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get Armbian to boot at all.

I have a T9 Android TV box with RK3328, 4GB RAM. I have downloaded the image and burnt it to an sd card with Etcher. I've edited
                      "/extlinux/extlinux.conf" as specified (I used the T9 dtb file but have also tried the others) and nothing happens, as in at all. The first time I tried I got the stream of text that flies past too quickly to be of any use to anyone but that only happened once, the rest of the time the device just doesn't even try to boot at all. If I take out the card and reboot then Android works fine. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me please? I'm not a complete newbie to this sort of thing, I'm used to messing around with PC's, Mac, Raspberry Pi's, installing Linux etc but I have no idea at all when it comes to these Android TV boxes so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
                      Ste

Update: I am getting error "ALERT! LABEL=ROOTFS does not exist. Dropping to al shell!"
                      followed by a (initramfs) prompt.

I have no idea what this means??
                      Last edited by Quattrofoto; 12-28-2018, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Quattrofoto View Post
                        I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get Armbian to boot at all.

I have a T9 Android TV box with RK3328, 4GB RAM. I have downloaded the image and burnt it to an sd card with Etcher. I've edited
                        "/extlinux/extlinux.conf" as specified (I used the T9 dtb file but have also tried the others) and nothing happens, as in at all. The first time I tried I got the stream of text that flies past too quickly to be of any use to anyone but that only happened once, the rest of the time the device just doesn't even try to boot at all. If I take out the card and reboot then Android works fine. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me please? I'm not a complete newbie to this sort of thing, I'm used to messing around with PC's, Mac, Raspberry Pi's, installing Linux etc but I have no idea at all when it comes to these Android TV boxes so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
                        Ste

Update: I am getting error "ALERT! LABEL=ROOTFS does not exist. Dropping to al shell!"
                        followed by a (initramfs) prompt.

I have no idea what this means??
                        This means that the DTBS that you try do not have support for the SD card on your hardware. You can either build your own version of the dtb (with SD card support), or use the combined launch - burn the image to the SD card and USB flash drive and connect them together to the TV box.

Comment

I have no idea how to do that. After a bit of googling about DTB I am led to believe there should be a file for my box in /root/dev but I've checked and there is not, in fact I've looked everywhere in /root and there is nothing even remotely like a dtb file anywhere...

Comment

Update of all Armbian images 5.68 20190110.
                            Details can be found in this thread.

Comment

This can't perhaps also help for RK3328, from RK3399 Armbian?
                              Only the GPU is different, Mali T864 vs. Mali 450 but rkmpp and other things might work.
                              THE MEDIA SCRIPT IS DEPRECATED, IN FAVOR OF THE LEGACY MULTIMEDIA INTEGRATION. PLEASE REFER TO THIS TOPIC: So finally we have the first version of: The UN-official, UN-supported, etc... RK3399 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT This is the first release of the RK3399 media testing script. The script provides a...

Comment

I checked, no, it won't work. It uses different libraries (mali450 and Mali860). Need own version of the script for the line rk3328.

Comment

• mo123
                                  mo123 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Hope it will be possible in future with a new script.
                                  Having Kodi work fullscreen and a browser playing video smoothly on Armbian would be very nice on RK3328.
                                  You can then even stream Netflix or Amazon Prime Video like they say in the RK3399 topic in the Armbian forum.
                              Working...
                              X