No announcement yet.

MAGICSEE N6 MAX TV Box RK3399 Android 7.1 4/32GB Dual WiFi Gig Lan USB3.0 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shame about Magicsee. My background is in audio but I've always been a video fan. I think Magicsee didn't just forget the N6, I think the company has dies or is just moving away from TV boxes. I despise the Nvidia Shield, dislike the Roku Ultra (but my wife can use it and she only wants to be able to see and hear sumfink) so I gave a few android boxes a shot.
    The N6 still has the prettiest picture of the bunch, the rest of it is a rats nest of rushing and desperation. I keep trying to make it work because I still think its worth something. I can't get LibreELEC to boot on it, though I keep trying.
    Superceleron, if you ever get the mood to try I would be incredibly grateful.
    My next attempt at perfect video is going to be an Odino N2, if I can find someone else to build it or buy it pre-built!

Comment

RK3399 still all of problematic,no support etc.,
      BUT for the "Picture Quality" RK3399 still very best! (RK3399=only for this area!)
      All other matters just worst/sucks!

Forget it RK3399

"Supercelaron" does not give "hand" for this Box! just forget it!

Meanwhile there is on the way some new Chips and also RK Chip too,be patient
      and the latest "AML S922X" almost came and I'v already been ordered one this new toy(probably
      Gearbest ship my box next week)

According to pre-view comments(Pro view!!) this Chip a little better then RK3399!! well I'll see
      in near future is it true or another "marketing-tool"!
      Seems that this Box "faster" then RK3399 and what about "picture quality"!

Note;Rockchip will release a new Chip too!!

Note;my coming box(S922X) from Beelink(GT1-King) also coming up UGOOS AM6 and already ODROID N2(but this one
      is ready to sale)

In the past I'v used and sold 4 different brand RK3399(my last one was N6) loose time,got headche! also loose money as well

RK3399 BOXES is "over"
      Awaiting new Chips!

Comment

ye i also have a s922 coming

Comment

Hope this time with S922X we get it best or better

My shipment time around May 16/18
          Seems that the boxes are not ready to ship!

>>And how they received and commented 5***** "reviews" on Gearbest
          all customers says "5star"!

I love those Chinese "marketing-tool" amazing FAKE happens

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
            Man everytime i look at that box i lose the courage and the "mood" lol
            When i get the courage and mood to touch it i will do something on it, but 3399 is very disappointing to me!
            Also Magisk to flash on rk roms is a pig... or you make a rom with it already on it, or is a nightmare!
            That brings laughing tears to me, that's a first .... Sukcity.

Your other 3399 work wasn't rewarding? It provides no easier basis to work or port from?
            Maybe you and Trevor can flip a coin for shipping to mo123 , he seems like a glutton for punishment who loves a challenge... We'll take up a collection to offset mailing. ​​​​​​

-- Comment fodder:

-Do you have relative "shared" work that "could" be "shared" again?
            -Magisk was an excellent su Mgr for me, the rest I care little about. Super su suks and is annoying. Magisk is a killer-protocol toget back, if at all. Think I'm done with it.
            -Wiped the sd contents. Now I know to copy the "key", but probably best to avoid "adopted". 80+gigs of movie media went away along with the 350+ yt vids. It's only uncountable time, and a bit of bandwidth... So nearly a free experience. ​​​​​​. It's the friggin lost settings that cap-it for me!
            -Does the n6 fw try to straddle the Mobile / Tablet / ATV Platforms? Doing that badly enough to wreck havoc on all three parameters? ... Or is it just a rockchip failure?
            -Does the n6 have many more systems files full content that is visible/accessible than amlogic fw?... Or am I mistaken? Are these able to be safely (depending) removed or edited in place?
            - Can Anyone offer Any fw edits that have provided Any improvement for you?
            - Could the 2amp power baseline just be inadequate for stable operating, Resulting in a variety of buggy behavior that can not be readily diagnosed?

Awaiting a miracle, reloading add nauseum, spare time (?!) fabricating the n6 trebuchet.... Wish me luck, ay?

PS: Bless the Chad... Ya never know how good you have it, until.... ​​​​
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Yea, so feed up with latest bs, like navigation bar mostly inoperable, just pulled adopted sd (80gigs) and fully wiped. Grrr!
              Still can't get magisk to load, that was also the reason for starting over (plus much more bad behaviors).
              The sd cards' format is a tough one to break into for reloading it's content. Obviously I should have copied the data elsewhere first, mass storage wasn't available when the patience ran out...

Friends... Any help is appreciated, on the magisk loading and how-to recover media from adopted format card?

Side note: hard to believe pine64 will come with a kiler spec'd 3399 Laptop, LAPTOP!? , priced about $200usd.
              I kinda think it might also have a working rom... Whilst many here are left picking their nose, and pulling their hair till the early hours of the day!?
              ... Instead of chill'n to the vids. Strange hobby, stranger addiction.
              Have you tried to recover the SD card? I don't think that the box would have totally formated it. It reads exFAT as corrupted so the SD card might be recoverable with some of those trial ware programs. Are you on Linux or OSX?

Comment

Originally posted by Warchild View Post

Have you tried to recover the SD card? I don't think that the box would have totally formated it. It reads exFAT as corrupted so the SD card might be recoverable with some of those trial ware programs. Are you on Linux or OSX?
                Linux. I gave up. Reformatted with my lg phone. It's a 128g Samsung evo, but I should not have "adopted it"
                Wish I would have run it with my router. 1 location, multiple device. access. I thought it was the best speed option, not so much.
                It took several attempts to get the lg g3 to format it as portable, then I loaded a few files just for content. The n6 recognized that once or twice, then quit doing so.
                Wouldn't complete a reformat to portable, so... It finally accepted a adopted format. Right back where I started, minus all of the media and time invested. Straight upBS!
                This time, I'll pull the "key", once I remember where it is stored. Grrr! Regardless, it (the key) will probably prove to be useless.
                Whatever!?

Comment

Just curious...
                  Anyone heard Anything from Magicsee as a response (excuse) in the last 30 days or so?

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe they took the highway and ran?
                    I see they released lots of other Amlogic boxes after this one too, also with no support.

well this is "RK3399" Box

Do not wait more-long term etc., support!
                  They RUN as well
                  As usual

Comment

https://mega.nz/#!XHomBYQL!CLb5kBCnB...2EDk0ktJcfD84U N6MAX

Firmware herunterladen RK3399 20190610

Comment

Hi ,

a new Firmware , is it still 7.1 or something higher ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

ist es noch 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by guner67 View Post
                          ist es noch 7.1
                          Hi ,

so you dont know it , or why you ask in German ??? , please change it to English ,

so everyone can read it , not all are German or can read it , thanks ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

sorry new firmware 7.1 I've tried to install new my h96max

Comment

and it works fine for now

Comment

Working...
                              X