No announcement yet.

MAGICSEE N6 MAX TV Box RK3399 Android 7.1 4/32GB Dual WiFi Gig Lan USB3.0 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I need a tech support such as which RK3328 Box(need Brand) with using LibreELEC???
    wanna try to buy this box and check it how is success especially for the "video" performance
    and this performance with KODI and Default Player?

thanks++

Comment

Hi,
      Just got the N6 in my hands. Some problems with initial boot and still having some HDMI handshake issues but it is looking okay so far.

Well a number of the problems I had were of my own doing, many not all. Had to connect the box to my computer and flash it to get it to boot. But HDMI handshake issues were mainly due to my receiver not being able to pass thru the 4k data!
      The other surprise was that Android cannot read my HFS volumes. That's annoying as I always despised Windows for refusing to acknowledge other file systems. The idea of having to transfer 4T of movies to exfat or whatever is chilling!
      But so far I'm pretty happy with this box.
      Last edited by Warchild; 04-30-2019, 01:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Warchild View Post
        Hi,
        Just got the N6 in my hands. Some problems with initial boot and still having some HDMI handshake issues but it is looking okay so far.

Well a number of the problems I had were of my own doing, many not all. Had to connect the box to my computer and flash it to get it to boot. But HDMI handshake issues were mainly due to my receiver not being able to pass thru the 4k data!
        The other surprise was that Android cannot read my HFS volumes. That's annoying as I always despised Windows for refusing to acknowledge other file systems. The idea of having to transfer 4T of movies to exfat or whatever is chilling!
        Hi ,

you must set the Output on Box to 4K too , otherwise it can not show 4K Content on TV ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi,

It is a strangly operating box, at times. I still say it has great potential though.
          What is your FW Date?
          Hating the ms style tile launcher, I opted for ATV launcher pro... I like it. If inclined try the non-pro freeby out. Very few launch options work for the N6.
          All your feedback is helpful here....Glad to have a new victim, oops... N6 owner aboard! Enjoy.
          Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Rockchip RK1808 is the first chip from the company fully dedicated to artificial intelligence applications. The Neural Processing Unit (NPU) features an

Don't think this belongs here, but mo123 commented about the upcoming work....
            I really wish real rk3399 box -OS- solutions were of a greater priority to? .... Anybody.

Comment

This is more relevent:

Comment

After 4 days the box surprises me. It is powerful but weirdly lacking in bizarre areas. Most notable, to me, is the SPDIF does not work! It does have power but does no pass thru at all. It fails horridly on 10 bit files in terms of color. It does not decode HDR.
                A shame though, as it does a nice job with all 1080p files, a very nice clean performance there. I'm still fiddling with it but it does get exasperating. I hope it doesn't become an abandoned project as it does so many things remarkable well.

Comment

After 4 days the box surprises me. It is powerful but weirdly lacking in bizarre areas. Most notable, to me, is the SPDIF does not work! It does have power but does no pass thru at all. It fails horridly on 10 bit files in terms of color. It does not decode HDR.
                  A shame though, as it does a nice job with all 1080p files, a very nice clean performance there. I'm still fiddling with it but it does get exasperating. I hope it doesn't become an abandoned project as it does so many things remarkable well.
                  Hi ,

the Problem with Boxes like ours is bad Firmware Support from so called Manufacturer &

Developers , to many small Bugs inside the SDK , i have the X99 , further good luck ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Warchild
                    "exasperating"? Good term for it ... Spot on!
                    Again, I ask you.. FW date??
                    Each box seems gimped-up in it's own special way.

It is indeed a shame as it kicks amlogic butt convincingly, at times.
                    Unfortunately, I think you've been abandoned before you arrived.
                    -sadly 8-(

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                      Warchild
                      "exasperating"? Good term for it ... Spot on!
                      Again, I ask you.. FW date??
                      Each box seems gimped-up in it's own special way.

It is indeed a shame as it kicks amlogic butt convincingly, at times.
                      Unfortunately, I think you've been abandoned before you arrived.
                      -sadly 8-(
                      Yeah, the 1080p pic is stunning. Reason to devote time to the box. I was going to devote dome effort to trying to get LibreELEC to run on it. See how that goes.
                      Odd thing I discovered the SPDIF port is not digital at all . . . huh. Yeah. I thought it was peculiar but one of my boxes detected it as a an analog port!
                      HiFiMan is a great example of a Chinese hardware company thriving and becoming an international powerhouse. They're active on the audiophile forums, they don't abandon customers or products. The crash and burn methodology is good short term but you can't grow like that.
                      I wrote to Magicsee, no response. I'm going to tinker with this but getting a Tanix next . . .

Oh yeah, I'm running the 0119 firmare. It came on the box but then I reflashed to get the box to boot.

Comment

superceleron
                        QUOTE=superceleron;n761736]Just got my box...
                        This is just what i see in a fast test... i cant touch more now... in the next weeks i will come back to it![/QUOTE]

SC, status is same, same?
                        Not looked at yet?
                        Do you expect not to?

Because of your work parameters, I suppose that work you have "shared" cannot be "shared" by those recipients?

​​​​​​... just asking. Thnx
                        Last edited by ClarkKent; 05-11-2019, 05:10.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

SC, status is same, same?
                          Not looked at yet?
                          Do you expect not to?

Because of your work parameters, I suppose that work you have "shared" cannot be "shared" by those recipients?

​​​​​​... just asking. Thnx
                          Just courtesously dittoing the question! It would be heartwarming!

Comment

Just courtesously dittoing the question! It would be heartwarming!
                            Yea, so feed up with latest bs, like navigation bar mostly inoperable, just pulled adopted sd (80gigs) and fully wiped. Grrr!
                            Still can't get magisk to load, that was also the reason for starting over (plus much more bad behaviors).
                            The sd cards' format is a tough one to break into for reloading it's content. Obviously I should have copied the data elsewhere first, mass storage wasn't available when the patience ran out...

Friends... Any help is appreciated, on the magisk loading and how-to recover media from adopted format card?

Side note: hard to believe pine64 will come with a kiler spec'd 3399 Laptop, LAPTOP!? , priced about $200usd.
                            I kinda think it might also have a working rom... Whilst many here are left picking their nose, and pulling their hair till the early hours of the day!?
                            ... Instead of chill'n to the vids. Strange hobby, stranger addiction.

Comment

Man everytime i look at that box i lose the courage and the "mood" lol
                              When i get the courage and mood to touch it i will do something on it, but 3399 is very disappointing to me!
                              Also Magisk to flash on rk roms is a pig... or you make a rom with it already on it, or is a nightmare!

Comment

Wait S922X !!
                                mine is on the way

MagicSEE forgot N6
                                The destiny of RK3399

Comment

Working...
                                X