X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akapuma
    replied
    Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
    Try the RED mouse mode button....that's why you have mouse mode.

Hello flhthemi,

I tested the red mouse button. The ugoos switches into the mouse mode. But the effect is the same. The "Menu" button is not the "Menu" button. It's like a long pressing of the "Home" button on an android mobile. => red mouse button does not solve the problem.

Regarding the resolution problem, I tested all video modes:

working:
    1920x1080p-60
    1920x1080p-50
    1280x720p-60
    1280-720p-50

not working (picture much too small):
    720x576p-50
    720x480p-60

720x576p-50 is standard for european satellite TV DVB-S.

Best regards

akapuma

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Try the RED mouse mode button....that's why you have mouse mode.

Leave a comment:

• akapuma
    replied
    Next bug:

I'm using the MXPlayer. With allminipc firmware, the MXPlayer menu opens after pressing the menu key on the remote control. This is OK.
    But not with new ugoos firmware. If I'm pressing the menu key on the remote control during usage of the MXPlayer, all open Apps are shown (like a long pressing of the "Home" button on an android mobile.). This is not OK. I can't reach MXPlayer menu with the remote control.

Best regards

akapuma

Last edited by akapuma; 01-04-2016, 20:17.

Leave a comment:

• akapuma
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post
    The wasser 1.0.4. firmware is still unmatched regarding features and performance
    A good alternative to the wasser firmware is the firmware from allminipc, which was recommended by ugoos itself. The allminipc firmware has much more performance than the original ugoos firmware.
    => allminipc allows 720x576p. 720x576p is buggy in original ugoos firmware, so I must use 1280x720p. Much more pixels must be calculated, this is slower.
    => allminipc allows 1,6GHz. Original ugoos firmware allows only 0,8GHz

Result is, that it's not possible to play back SD video without micro jerkings. No problem with allminipc firmware,

Best regards

akapuma
    Last edited by akapuma; 01-04-2016, 20:06.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    I doubt it....but their site still shows it as available...

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by akapuma View Post
    Hello,

I have a UT1 non-T, and I tried to determine the CPU speed with the newest Firmware:

- App Antutu Benchmark
    - App Antutu CPU master
    - App Spec Device
    - Integrated CPU speed prompting

In all cases, It's shown, that the CPU speed is 816MHz. If the UT1 is idle, or if I'm decoding a HD video with software decoder, at all times CPU speed is 816MHz only.

Is this a bug?

Best regards

akapuma
    Sounds like a bug. Hopefully they are still working on the UT1 ROM because the last update was 5 months ago. The wasser 1.0.4. firmware is still unmatched regarding features and performance, but it was created with the old SDK. Can we hope for updates, Ava?

Leave a comment:

• akapuma
    replied
    Hello,

I have a UT1 non-T, and I tried to determine the CPU speed with the newest Firmware:

- App Antutu Benchmark
    - App Antutu CPU master
    - App Spec Device
    - Integrated CPU speed prompting

In all cases, It's shown, that the CPU speed is 816MHz. If the UT1 is idle, or if I'm decoding a HD video with software decoder, at all times CPU speed is 816MHz only.

Is this a bug?

Best regards

akapuma

Leave a comment:

• akapuma
    replied
    Hello flhthemi,

OTA with rename and /or rezip did not work for me. Possible cause: The old firmware was from allminipc (which was recommended by ugoos), the new is original ugoos.

Regarding flashing with a PC:

If I try this at home, the PC freezes at 0% flashing. A PC hard reset is needed. After this, the UT1 does not work. Tested on 2 different PC's.
    Therefore, I flashed today at work with an old XP computer. This works very fine at the first try.

@UGOOS-Team:

Thank you for this new wonderful firmware. It's well-endowed, and works fine on my UT1-non-T.
    The integrated root mechanism allows a very easy booting.

2 small issues:
    - The 720x576@50Hz - mode is now to small. But 1280x720@50Hz works fine.
    - The Logitech radio keyboard K400 with german layout works fine (including äöü). But ENTER key does not work. Solved with "External Keyboard Helper Pro".

Best regards

akapuma

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Originally posted by akapuma View Post
    Hello,

I have an UT1, non-T-version. Is the firmware 1.1.3 suitable for UT1 T-version and non-T-version?

I renamed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"
    I re-packed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"

What's the problem?

Best regards

akapuma
    I have 2 UT-2's. One is a "T" version the other is not. The FW for it works on both devices just fine. I think the UT-1 will work the same way. The FW will work on either version of the device.

I flashed both of mine using the flash tool and provided drivers.

What is confusing about the method below is:

1 - The file you download is in .7z format
    2 - The instructions seem to indicate the file needs to be .zip format.

I do not know if there is any difference in these two types of compression. If there is, then this may be why you can't get it to flash. *I* would try unzipping the .7z and then rezip the files as .zip and name the file as indicated. (update.zip - NO UPPERCASE letters) Also make sure you have the proper 7z file for your UT-1.

BUT, it is MUCH easier to just use the provided software and flash it using a PC.

How to flash OTA firmware (from ZIP file):
    1. Download zip update file for current firmware that you have.
    2. Upload zip file to USB-flash or SD/MMC card and rename it to update.zip
    3. Connect USB-flash or SD/MMC card to device and wait, device will find update file and ask update firmware or not. Press Yes and wait end of process.

Leave a comment:

• akapuma
    replied
    Hello,

I have an UT1, non-T-version. Is the firmware 1.1.3 suitable for UT1 T-version and non-T-version?

I renamed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"
    I re-packed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"

What's the problem?

Best regards

akapuma

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    It's been a while since the last update of the firmware and there are still some major functions missing i.e. USB OTG. Will there be any further updates? Is there a Lollipop or Marhsmallow version planned?

Leave a comment:

• shenery
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post

Why don't you use the normal method via recovery mode and the RKBatchTool: http://omniapossibilia.blogspot.de/2014/03/ugoos-um2-firmware-update-and-root_21.html"]LINK[/URL]
    I've installed Ubuntu on my laptop and I can't install the Linux version of rkflashkit. I copied the tutorial on here and it fails to install. Something about the download location not existing anymore

Leave a comment:

• shenery
    replied
    Where is the latest version. V 1.1.1 won't download for me.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Just a guess, but the only way I know of is to roll the firmware back to the last version that wifi worked on. Otherwise, you wait for an update.

Leave a comment:

• shenery
    replied
    The latest version breaks WiFi and especially Ethernet. How can I fix this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X