No announcement yet.

UGOOS UT2/UM2 and UT1 official firmwaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticed that "tchip remote control server" is trying to be accessed by my PS3 as a DLNA server and gets a 720 error from PS3. This is quite annoying when you're playing a game or movie on the PS3 and the error message keeps appearing on the PS3. Is this app for the factory remote control or for some kind of adaption for a PS3 joystick/game pad?

No way in the app manager to disable it but I did force stop it and the errors from the PS3 stopped until it started running on the UT2 again....this is a real problem as I have 2 UT2s and these error messages from PS3 are getting in the way.
    FLHT = Harley
    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Finally got round to updating UM2 at the weekend - OTA up[date worked like a charm - but am guessing will need to do a full flash to get the new partition size for apps :-)
      So far everything I use (Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Kodi) seems to work ok, however Kodi is still shows as version 14.1

Comment

Installed firmware on my UT1 and it's working fine.Only thing that's annoying is the system bar at the bottom doesn't stay hidden after reboot.Is there a way to keep it hidden ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinny1967 View Post
          Installed firmware on my UT1 and it's working fine.Only thing that's annoying is the system bar at the bottom doesn't stay hidden after reboot.Is there a way to keep it hidden ?
          I think it is just a build.prop entry, something like "systembar=hidden". Google should be your friend.

Ava: Is there an ETA for the next version? Can someone confirm that USB On-the-Go is not working on this ROM? Where are the Mappings for the Remote located, so they can be extracted to use them with another ROM?
          Last edited by LX+R; 05-21-2015, 06:22.

Comment

Try playing around with these build.prop settings:

ro.show.navigationbar=yes
            qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Comment

Last time I tried altering the build.prop I bricked my device :P .In the old firmware there was an option in the settings to hide the system bar.

Comment

Last time I tried altering the build.prop I bricked my device :P .In the old firmware there was an option in the settings to hide the system bar.
                You have to be careful with some settings, that's true. But I think these two are not very dangerous. Any news on the ETA for the next version?

Comment

I recently bought Ugoos UM2 with Android 4.2.2 on it. I downloaded firmware UM2_1.1.1_20150505.7z, renamed it as update.zip and tried to update firmware putting update.zip in a USB. When I go to Settings => About device, it detects that an update.zip file is found and do you want to install it. When I tap on install, it says that update file is not valid. I checked and firmware was downloaded properly. I tried unzipping it and then recreated ZIP file but it was all in vain. Please help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ksalman View Post
                    I recently bought Ugoos UM2 with Android 4.2.2 on it. I downloaded firmware UM2_1.1.1_20150505.7z, renamed it as update.zip and tried to update firmware putting update.zip in a USB. When I go to Settings => About device, it detects that an update.zip file is found and do you want to install it. When I tap on install, it says that update file is not valid. I checked and firmware was downloaded properly. I tried unzipping it and then recreated ZIP file but it was all in vain. Please help. Thanks.

Why don't you use the normal method via recovery mode and the RKBatchTool: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
                      Why don't you use the normal method via recovery mode and the RKBatchTool: LINK
                      I tried that as well but my device was not detected (not connected or shown as green) in RKBatchTool even I had installed driver. I'm using Windows 7.

Comment

I tried that as well but my device was not detected (not connected or shown as green) in RKBatchTool even I had installed driver. I'm using Windows 7.
                        Have you tried the RKDriverAssistant? It is crucial that this method works because it is the default way of flashing a ROM. The latest driver is from 2014: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post

Have you tried the RKDriverAssistant? It is crucial that this method works because it is the default way of flashing a ROM. The latest driver is from 2014: LINK
                          I have tried all possible way. Tried http://minix.com.hk/downfile/RK_DriverAssitant.zip and also http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe but I'm not able to connect my UM2 with PC. I checked and USB Debugging is ON but still UM2 is not being detected by my Windows 7 laptop.

I tried pushing Reset button and then plugging in with my laptop through USB but nothing happens. Main issue is: UM2 is not being detected as an android device on my PC. No ideas. Please share if you got any clues or if I'm missing something. Thanks.
                          Last edited by ksalman; 06-04-2015, 12:52.

Comment

Being a complete noob.
                            Is there any way to update the Ugoos M2 with a Mac computer?
                            Thanks!

Comment

I had similar issues with getting my UM2 recognized on my win7 laptop initially, and it turned out it didn't like it if I left the keyboard USB dongle connected.

Comment

Main issue is: UM2 is not being detected as an android device on my PC. No ideas. Please share if you got any clues or if I'm missing something. Thanks.
                                Try using another USB port/cable. Don't use a USB hub. Many devices have problems with USB 3.0 ports, so make sure you use a USB 2.0 port. Ask a friend if you can connect your UM2 to his computer, so we can rule out that the UM2 is broken.
                                Last edited by LX+R; 06-05-2015, 17:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X