Bluetimes MX5 custom firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
    both plays fine but amlogic gets better image quality. And on minix the images are darker.
    I daemonium.
    Can you tel me witch rom do you recommend for this device - Bluetimes MX5 -
    Thanks

Comment

Re: Bluetimes MX5 custom firmware

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
      I daemonium.
      Can you tel me witch rom do you recommend for this device - Bluetimes MX5 -
      Thanks
      Try the latest from 10moons,but don't flash the ones called yunOS.
      or try my mod Dharmaggedon v2
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

http://www.tinyurl.com/dharmageddonv2
        Thanks daemonium
        I've download your rom and i will install it.
        Can you tell me if the xbmx version that is in your rom support hardware accelerated in this device?

Comment

Thanks daemonium
          I've download your rom and i will install it.
          Can you tell me if the xbmx version that is in your rom support hardware accelerated in this device?
          it's not hw accelerated, but latest nightlies from official xbmc are.
          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

it's not hw accelerated, but latest nightlies from official xbmc are.
            Ok.
            Basically i can change the one in your rom with the new in the nightlies builds, correct?

Comment

Ok.
              Basically i can change the one in your rom with the new in the nightlies builds, correct?
              of course

Comment

rom amlogic mx2 ?

of course
                would your rom work for mx2 (g18ref) aka a cloned g-box mx2 midnight ?

its also amlogic and mali.. but mx2.. u know if there is any diff between mx and mx2 in ROM regards ?

cheers

ps.using quickshot on mx5 but could use some nasty new nice ROM for mx2 ..

agree on picture quality on AMlogic is slightly crisper.. but rockchip 3066 and 3188 is way faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Theklavej View Post
                  would your rom work for mx2 (g18ref) aka a cloned g-box mx2 midnight ?

its also amlogic and mali.. but mx2.. u know if there is any diff between mx and mx2 in ROM regards ?

cheers

ps.using quickshot on mx5 but could use some nasty new nice ROM for mx2 ..

agree on picture quality on AMlogic is slightly crisper.. but rockchip 3066 and 3188 is way faster.

what about trying our last rom for mx2?
                  dualkit's slayer v2
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

There's some bugs on our special launcher but it's very comfortable to use with the standard remote.

Comment

fast !

what about trying our last rom for mx2?
                    dualkit's slayer v2

There's some bugs on our special launcher but it's very comfortable to use with the standard remote.
                    i love you ?

cheers gracias

will rock around this mx2 rom tomorrow.. after work

Comment

http://www.tinyurl.com/dharmageddonv2
                      A big Thank You for the Dharmaggedon V3 . Made my useless box work again:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
                        A big Thank You for the Dharmaggedon V3 . Made my useless box work again:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
                        you are welcome

Comment

Hi all,

I also have a Blutimes MX5. Recently I tried to upgrade the firmware, but this seems to have bricked the device. With the SD card inserted, I held down the Power button to switch the unit on. When the blue power light started flashing, I released the power button and the light continued blinking a few more times, and then remaining lit up. Then simply a black screen with no signs of anything happening.

I tried all three methods for getting the SD card to work, and I also tried shorting the two pins to force the NAND to boot from the SD card. None of these steps has made any difference.

I doubt this is a hardware issue as the unit was just recently taken out of the original box for first use, and it did work perfectly for a few hours before I tried the firmware upgrade.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?

Thanks,
                          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by pkozul View Post
                            Hi all,

I also have a Blutimes MX5. Recently I tried to upgrade the firmware, but this seems to have bricked the device. With the SD card inserted, I held down the Power button to switch the unit on. When the blue power light started flashing, I released the power button and the light continued blinking a few more times, and then remaining lit up. Then simply a black screen with no signs of anything happening.

I tried all three methods for getting the SD card to work, and I also tried shorting the two pins to force the NAND to boot from the SD card. None of these steps has made any difference.

I doubt this is a hardware issue as the unit was just recently taken out of the original box for first use, and it did work perfectly for a few hours before I tried the firmware upgrade.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?

Thanks,
                            Pete

Finally unbricked!!!

I will document it here, just in case it happens to anyone else. Here are the steps:

- Unplug the power cable from back of the unit
                            - With power cable still unplugged, short pins 7 and 8 (refer to image from post #9 in this thread). I used a flathead screwdriver to create the bridge.
                            - While still holding screwdriver in place, plug the power cable into the unit
                            - Wait about 10 seconds, still holding the screwdriver in place
                            - While still holding screwdriver in place, press the power button and keep it pressed until (hopefully) the screen flashes and you get the recovery console appear (took about 10 seconds to happen in my case)

I tried all sorts of combinations to get this to work, and only the steps above were able to get me there.

Anyway, hopefully I won't ever need it again.

Cheers,
                            Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X