No announcement yet.

Tronsmart CX-919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand. I Tried Finless 1.6b and Neomode 1.9a and both seem to limit my WiFi GREATLY. I know I don't have a bad connection in the location where I am. I just can't figure out what could be causing this for me and someone with the same product not experiencing the same thing.

I'm actually going to try the stock ROM with a 6GB Parameter file added - maybe I'll have better luck - if it will work properly, like so.

I don't understand. There seems to be a 'cap' on my download speed with no matter what ROM I have installed on mine. :/

I had moved it a few times and noticed it would spike up to about 7Mbps, the highest. I don't think these are really intended to be too far from a WiFi connection. More or less, within a few feet distance from the connect, at most.
    Last edited by KolyaIsAwesome; 01-31-2014, 04:45.

Comment

New stock firmware for cx-919 with flickering problem solution (RK3188-T)

When i had this flickering issue, in addition to asking for help from you guys here in this forum, i contacted geekbuying support too, and today answered me with a great news.(well, they answered me earlier too with help, so respect, but they couldn't provide me then with solution; other that we have already found)

But now, there is a new stock firmware release for our tv stick which hopefully will solve the flickering problem.

If you haven't got this news, you can find info and download link here:
      HI guys: This is new stock firmware for CX-919, we get some customer report, that they have the screen flickering problem, after talk with factory, they send us this new stock firmware, you can download here http://www.mediafire.com/download/sfq86i3jtb5ysy2/CX-919_rk3188t._2.09.rar customer report the old firmware make the cx-919 have no wifi/bluetooth, so we reupload the firmware again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1jnd5h0l81hmzv/cx919-rk3188-4.2-6210-20131209–update.rar […]

Haven't tested yet, but i'll do it soon and hope it works.

Thanks for geekbuying and the 'factory guys' to for releasing this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by m6tth3w View Post
        When i had this flickering issue, in addition to asking for help from you guys here in this forum, i contacted geekbuying support too, and today answered me with a great news.(well, they answered me earlier too with help, so respect, but they couldn't provide me then with solution; other that we have already found)

But now, there is a new stock firmware release for our tv stick which hopefully will solve the flickering problem.

If you haven't got this news, you can find info and download link here:
        HI guys: This is new stock firmware for CX-919, we get some customer report, that they have the screen flickering problem, after talk with factory, they send us this new stock firmware, you can download here http://www.mediafire.com/download/sfq86i3jtb5ysy2/CX-919_rk3188t._2.09.rar customer report the old firmware make the cx-919 have no wifi/bluetooth, so we reupload the firmware again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1jnd5h0l81hmzv/cx919-rk3188-4.2-6210-20131209–update.rar […]

Haven't tested yet, but i'll do it soon and hope it works.

Thanks for geekbuying and the 'factory guys' to for releasing this firmware.
        Well, thanks for that input. Though, I'm going to stick with what I have on mine, currently - Neomode 1.9a - since there is no flickering issues, WiFi is fine and I am able to change the memory availability via a parameter file. I'm getting tired of going back & forth, personally, with different firmwares and re-setting up my mini PC. If there is an easier solution to doing so, I hope someone could inform me. Otherwise, I'm not interested in testing this official firmware, at the moment.

Comment

I have tested this new stock rom and works without flickering, but the wifi and bluetooth don't work.

And anyways, i don't know why that happened, but when i tried to install/restore this firmware, the first trial was failed. Then i had to open up my stick again and short the pins to revive.
          Next attempt was successful and i was able to boot it up and try, but as i said, wifi and bluetooth don't work.

Where can i find those roms which you are using and working? Or is there any fully working whole rom out for us, or only mixed roms.(i mean more images from separate roms)

Or should i go back to the 'rescue rom'?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I can't find that neomode 1.9a rom. I find some neomode roms, but i don't know which is that you mentioned.
          Last edited by m6tth3w; 02-11-2014, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by m6tth3w View Post
            I have tested this new stock rom and works without flickering, but the wifi and bluetooth don't work.

And anyways, i don't know why that happened, but when i tried to install/restore this firmware, the first trial was failed. Then i had to open up my stick again and short the pins to revive.
            Next attempt was successful and i was able to boot it up and try, but as i said, wifi and bluetooth don't work.

Where can i find those roms which you are using and working? Or is there any fully working whole rom out for us, or only mixed roms.(i mean more images from separate roms)

Or should i go back to the 'rescue rom'?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I can't find that neomode 1.9a rom. I find some neomode roms, but i don't know which is that you mentioned.
            That is unfortunate that the wifi and bluetooth don't work for their own firmware. But, anyway, I believe you will have better luck with this custom firmware, either way. Since you can modify the storage availability and everything works fine.

This is the Neomode 1.9a ROM: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-1-9a-*UPDATE*

Comment

Hello guys,

I am yet another victim of flashing the finless ROM 1.6b over my new CX-919 which resulted in screen flickering. I just came across this thread and was relieved to see other people with the same problem supporting each other and trying to find a solution.

I was just wonding if the neomode 1.9a is still the most acceptable solution or if you guys found something else. Also I read a post from finless saying that he was going to create a new kernel for his rom fixing the flickering problem, but I could find any updates on that.

Comment

Hi
                I've just installed the tronsmart kitkat bete and its running fine,stopped the flicker and the slight stutter on video which was evident with several other ROMs I've tried, also plays xbmc in full screen without having to install full screen apk

Comment

Originally posted by phughf View Post
                  Hi
                  I've just installed the tronsmart kitkat bete and its running fine,stopped the flicker and the slight stutter on video which was evident with several other ROMs I've tried, also plays xbmc in full screen without having to install full screen apk
                  Which tronsmart KITKATT are you running so i can try it on the one i have?

Comment

Any kk4.4.4 ROMs out that work with cx919v2?

Comment

Originally posted by amppcguru View Post
                      Any kk4.4.4 ROMs out that work with cx919v2?
                      this is a good rom by finless

this is also good by neomode
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-4-4-2-*Update*

good kernals hear use 3.1 for finless & 4.2 for neomode
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...kitkat+kernals
                      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Those rnt 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by amppcguru View Post
                          Those rnt 4.4.4
                          Oh sorry I miss understand, no there are no 4.4.4
                          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

If you want Kitkat, use Neomode 3.1.
                            Have a Keyboard apk on SD card or install it from Playstore.
                            This is missing
                            I use a kernel of d33 V4.2.5 for ap6210.
                            Also the KK FHD kernel works good.
                            Check Freaktab forum.

Its a much better one than the Finless KK beta.

I' m running Kodi RC3 without problems

If People have Screen flickering problems on JB or Kitkat, check your original USB flashing / Power cable.
                            Mine was defective, I could flash roms.
                            But the power was bad, looked like my CX-919 was dead.
                            Won't boot, so I used the cable of my TMS01 external Keyboard (tronsmart).

And everything works great.
                            Gonna buy a New original cable..

Comment

Working...
                            X