No announcement yet.

Xtreamer Multi-Console = MINIX Neo X7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More info after a little more playing.. my 1080p video test in XBMC was before I looked at the settings. XBMC isn't allowing anything greater than 720p, but that does play flawlessly. I'll install a version of XBMC that will allow 1080p and report back tomorrow.. still liking the interface though

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_77 View Post
      I flashed it earlier today (as is, I did not have to change the kernel) to see how it works. So far, I have no complaints. 1080p works in XBMC straight out of the box, streaming quality was perfect for anything I tried, and overall seems very stable. The launcher is a bit sluggish, but I'm not sure if that will improve as things are loaded, as I only played with the launcher for a few minutes before launching XBMC for a few hours. It's nice to have another option that is more wife friendly lol
      Originally posted by haan2787 View Post
      i did the same as mike and it works fine for me
      connected to the computer 720
      connected to the tv 1080 (see mike)
      just confirming, What minix box do u have, the minix x7 or the minix x7 mini?

Comment

Originally posted by ebrown761 View Post
        xstreamer declares a two-band wifi so ap6330, minix x7

Comment

this is the x7

the minix x7

Comment

Also the X7. It's a 720p kernel too, though I might use some patchomatic and see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_77 View Post
              Also the X7. It's a 720p kernel too, though I might use some patchomatic and see what I can do.
              Flashed a 1080p kernel from Quickshot rom, and everything works flawlsesly, as expected. However, the launcher is still in 720p, so it doesn't look as nice as it did. XBMC works well for 1080p videos, and everything else still seems stable as always.

Comment

kernal flashing

kernal flashing on the same way as firmware
                i never done this mike
                if its help i want to try it too

Comment

downloaded from the link you gave me but i got a minix screen thats all.

Comment

ive got a Multi Console too. pretty happy with performance, only disappointed that it uses a 720p kernel.

can i just flash the Quickshot v2 1080p kernel for Minix X7 mini over the current setup?

Comment

Originally posted by stefjnl View Post
                      ive got a Multi Console too. pretty happy with performance, only disappointed that it uses a 720p kernel.

can i just flash the Quickshot v2 1080p kernel for Minix X7 mini over the current setup?
                      Yes, you can flash that kernel. That's the setup I'm running right now. The launcher definitely looks a little odd, as it doesn't adapt with the increased resolution, but runs just fine.

Comment

thanks, will try that later today. although i like the launcher, i see no way of customizing it (adding/removing items) so i stick with a default android desktop.

also, is there a way of reassigning the buttons on the air-mouse? the bottom-right button should be Home, but it is Menu... (id ask this on the xtreamer forum but for some reason i have been banned there before i could even post there....)

Comment

Has anyone tried using Minix X7 mini firmware 011 on Xtreamer MC and know it works?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X