Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bob with your distrib and your kernel_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr720 I clock my crap T model CPU to 1,4GHz
    woooooooooooooooo
    its crap RK3188-T model clocked to 1.2GHz stock on GK525.
    What do you think about that ?
    All other kernel gave me only 1.2GHz speed
    Well, I can see the CPU speed with CPU-Z but do you know how I can check the ram / gpu speed ?
    Regards

Comment

@Bob
      I see you in this forum http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d=1#post139318 and that TVDroid, Pet2001 and SanDroid can have 1.9GHz CPU clock with "Neomode Rom" and "1080p Oc Sam kernel" on their "T" model (jelly Bean 4.2.2).

Can you do the same for KitKat ?!"/$%?&*()_

Regards

Comment

No matter what kernel I install, 1.4 GHz is what I get maximum on my 908ii (according to set-cpu or cpu-z). Is this a bug or a feature?

Comment

NEW - 1080P kernels for Finless KitKat 2.0 ROM

You have an RK3188t which is physically restricted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by Reolin View Post
            No matter what kernel I install, 1.4 GHz is what I get maximum on my 908ii (according to set-cpu or cpu-z). Is this a bug or a feature?
            Dude you have to get reading here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-of-RK3188-CPU and try the neomode rom with sam kernel thats sound 3 people have 1.9GHz CPU clock Speed with their "T" restricted model. Good luck.

Comment

Finless, d33: what would you say are the main differences (if any) between these kernels and the latest ones posted by d33 in the ROM's thread:

?

Comment

Originally posted by Zonk View Post
                Finless, d33: what would you say are the main differences (if any) between these kernels and the latest ones posted by d33 in the ROM's thread:

?
                If you open your eyes
                you will see that d33 kernels are latest builded kernels from february 24 for "RK3188-T" and not "T" chipset / AP6210 and AP6330 device. 1080p and 720p. The finless kernels builded january 15 are older / already patched and not made for "T" chipset or AP6330 specificaly . It include 1 kernel stock.

If you read the forums
                about this kernels you will see that d33 kernels are not patched and there were also improvements about the USB / LAN and the external memory partitions. You have to patch this kernels with rkpatchomatic.

May be there is some other little differences

Comment

Hi. Can anyone help me. I cant use any of the over clocked kernels. It booted up once then reset to the linux penguins. Works fine with stock though. Dont think my cx919 is the t version because ive had it awhile, i might be wrong tho. I ran an app it say it wasn't the t version. Opened it up its ap6210 tod6002 1324. Running at 1.6 ghz works fine when I flashed an .IMG file jellybean ROM. I'm tearing my hair out ready to throw my stick at the wall. Thanks in advance. Rob

Comment

Originally posted by b0bby View Post
                    Hi. Can anyone help me. I cant use any of the over clocked kernels. It booted up once then reset to the linux penguins. Works fine with stock though. Dont think my cx919 is the t version because ive had it awhile, i might be wrong tho. I ran an app it say it wasn't the t version. Opened it up its ap6210 tod6002 1324. Running at 1.6 ghz works fine when I flashed an .IMG file jellybean ROM. I'm tearing my hair out ready to throw my stick at the wall. Thanks in advance. Rob
                    Kernels -> Post #1

Overclock using the script in Post #2
                    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Hi

Thank you sorry double post

Comment

Hi

Sorry double post

Comment

Hi Finless,

what are the hex values to change in the kernel binary to convert it in 1080p?

Thanks
                          For all your computer problems...
                          http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Hi Bob,

Can you please help me patch the MK902 720p kernel, can you please share the hex that needs to be changed to convert to 1080p pleaseeeeeeeee. Or can you patch the stop kernel to 1080p please.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Hey all!

Today I figured out how to patch 3.0.36+ KitKat Kernels to 1080P!
                            The code for these changed for 3.0.36+ JellyBean kernels.
                            I have to tell you, to figure this out requires decompiling the kernels and finding the code.
                            Not easy and full of PAIN

Special thanks to FreakTab developers darrellr and Wasser!
                            They provided me kernels to decompile and compare thus finding the patch locations!
                            I could have done it otherwise but it's a lot more work.
                            So THANKS guys!!!!!

So you might ask.... Why patch stock kernels?
                            Well... believe it or not, SOME people want stock because they know it came from the Manufacturer
                            and was not "public" generated. I know that sounds silly but this is why I spend the time patching.

So in this download are:

1) A stock Tronsmart kernel patched to 1080P. Nothing else.
                            Now understand why the stock Tronsmart kernel gets low Antutu scores!
                            It is clocked to 1200 CPU only and DDR is also under clocked compared to JellyBean kernels.
                            I don't know why they did that but this is why it's a BETA release from them,

2) A full set of Over Clocked kernels patched to 1080P.
                            Again these are stock Tronsmart kernels patched to 1080P.
                            Then they are OverClocked using Mr. Andersons patch-o-matic scripts.

I find for the CX-919 the kernel:
                            kernel_1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr667.img
                            Gives me the best trade off of heat (with no worry of frying your stick) and performance.
                            This is true for the 720 kernels I already provided in my ROM.
                            This gives me an Antutu score of 17000 for a 1080 kernel.
                            A 720 kernel of this same OC gives 19000.

I think it is also safe to use:
                            kernel_1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr720.img
                            But depending on your stick you might have stability issues. Still no fear of frying your stick though.

It's when you go above 1608 and GPU over 400 do you start to worry about heat.
                            Thus if you use these higher OC kernels please consider cooling and heat sinks.

Instructions:

There is NO NEED to erase NAND and reflash the entire ROM!
                            Just use the flash tool from my KitKat ROM kit.
                            One the kernel line click the far left empty box and point your file browser to the kernel you want.
                            Flash that ONLY e.g. uncheck everything else in the flash tool except the kernel line.

Here is the download link for the kernels:

ROM -> 1080P KitKat Kernel Set for Finless KitKat ROM 2.0 (192 megs)

Enjoy,
                            Bob

Comment

I cant patch the kernel and I tried before. It is coded differently than any other kernel I have patched before. It would take more time than I want to spend to figure it out all over again.

Now you can find it yourself but it's a PAIN. This is exactly how I have done it!!
                              You have to decompile the kernel into text then looking through raw object code find the 1280 and 720 areas. Note the address location then go patch the binary at those locations.

To decompile a kernel you need 64 bit Ubuntu installed.

First unpack the RK header from kernel.img so you have kernel.bin

The command to decompile in Linux is:

/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-objdump kernel.bin --target binary -marm -D > kernel.d

Kernel.d will be a huge text file.

Some tips would be to decompile 2 exact kernels with the only difference being 720 and 1080. Compare the 2 decompiled kernels using kdiff3. You can then easily find the locations between the 2.

Good luck!

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

how do i umpack the rk header. ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X