Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi

Hi all,

I have issue with wifi on V3. Once enabled it scans wifi networks without any problem but when I configure my personal network SSID encryption and password I've got a message saying that the device failed to save my settings. I cannot use wifi

Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by EzerchE View Post
      I will try to change resolution for a quick solve the color thing, if it happens again.
      It does'nt resolve the problem...
      www.sacvideolari.com www.babatorik.com

Comment

Originally posted by tlchuan View Post
        Hope bob will cook some for us
        +1

Comment

I tried this on my MK908, the board on mine is silkscreened "MK908 V3.0" so I thought this would be the right ROM for it, but it had severely corrupted video and colors. I tried it on my monitor and TV, same thing. Anyone experience the same? In the About screen, it says the model is MK918, so I was unsure if this is the correct ROM for my device.

I had to downgrade to 4.2.2 to fix it.

Comment

Check the resolution reported by the TV. I had flashed Finless 2.0 Kitkat and TV reported 1920x1080p-30hz whereas the mode configured is 1920x1080p-60hz and the display was all messed up.

--
            Thanks.

Comment

Resolution is reported correctly as 1080p@60Hz. I tried changing resolution to 720p@60Hz and 480p@60Hz. No difference except for size.

Here's an example of how it looks both on my monitor and TV. If I reboot sometimes it will look a little different, but always messed up.

Did they have V3.0 with different chip configurations or something?

I don't think my MK908 itself is bad, because I can downgrade back to 4.2.2 w/1080p kernel and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
                Resolution is reported correctly as 1080p@60Hz. I tried changing resolution to 720p@60Hz and 480p@60Hz. No difference except for size.

I don't think my MK908 itself is bad, because I can downgrade back to 4.2.2 w/1080p kernel and all is well.
                That's exactly how my display was too with Kitkat.

Comment

Originally posted by GnatGoSplat View Post

Here's an example of how it looks both on my monitor and TV. If I reboot sometimes it will look a little different, but always messed up.

Hi All,
                  I am getting the same in the geekbuying version of Kit Kat v3 but not as bad and the lines only appear when I change the TV between AV/TV mode and then they are there until I power down everything and reboot my device.

An additional problem I now have is I cannot now downgrade to any of the other Finless or stock ROM's. I've tried re flashing different ROM's many times with diff cables, different usb ports, remove and reinstall drivers etc... but flashing will not complete and I keep getting the following log:

<Layer 5-5> Test Device Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Test Device Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Lowerformat Device Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Lowerformat Device Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Check Chip Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Check Chip Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Get FlashInfo Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Get FlashInfo Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Prepare IDB Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Prepare IDB Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Download IDB Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Download IDB Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Reset Device Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Reset Device Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Wait For Loader Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Wait For Loader Success
                  <Layer 5-5> Download Firmware Start
                  <Layer 5-5> Download Firmware Fail
                  **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<118280>ms**********

My MK908 device was working fine and I'd had no flashing problems before until I installed this Kit Kat thing.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me advice what I could do to recover the flahing process of the Finelss or stock ROMs V4,2.

Other problems for myself, I found with this Kit Kat ROM (beta version I know):
                  Soft keyboard need to be manually activated at each reboot (default is hardware keyboard at each reboot)
                  HDMI screen size needs to be manually reset at each reboot
                  Rom is not Root

Comment

Erase nand then flash
                    That's what i did to getter back to 4.2.2

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpq View Post
                      Erase nand then flash
                      That's what i did to getter back to 4.2.2

Hi jpq,

Thanks for your reply and help.

I have already tried that a few times - erased nand using the finless flash tool 1.37 in finless ROM 1.7a and tried reinstall 4.2.2 but it also does not work (install fails during the flashing rom download check)

I've just found an interesting post from rrileypm Thread: Important: Switching back to Jellybean from KitKat - I'm going to try that now.

Can you kindly please advise which flashtool or something else you used to erase the Nand?

(The KitKat Rom can be flashed onto my MK908 - I've done that several times)

Comment

I think i used 1.37. From finless 1.7a but maybe i launched as admnin

Comment

flashtool

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post
                          Hi jpq,

Thanks for your reply and help.

I have already tried that a few times - erased nand using the finless flash tool 1.37 in finless ROM 1.7a and tried reinstall 4.2.2 but it also does not work (install fails during the flashing rom download check)

I've just found an interesting post from rrileypm Thread: Important: Switching back to Jellybean from KitKat - I'm going to try that now.

Can you kindly please advise which flashtool or something else you used to erase the Nand?

(The KitKat Rom can be flashed onto my MK908 - I've done that several times)
                          Try this flashtool

Comment

Originally posted by jpq View Post
                            I think i used 1.37. From finless 1.7a but maybe i launched as admnin

Thanks, I tried that - doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatHead View Post
                              Thanks, I already have that flashtool but I downloaded it and re-tried it - Doesn't work.

I reinstalled geekbuyings kit Kat for mk908 V1/v3 (or wherever they got it from) - it works but again when I change av/tv then I get back all the lines on the android home/TV screen.

I again erased the nand with Finless 1.37 tool, and tried to install finless rom 1.7a. I get the same failed install during the ROM download check. I disconnect the MK908 from my PC and connect it to the TV. Funnily enough, it first boots and a flash comes up on the screen: recovery system, format data, format cache, format mnt sd card etc.., reboot it continues booting up to the home screen. I am able to play in the device like that installing apps, internet tv etc.. (When I shutdown/reboot again I get to the Freaktab/Geekbuying logo and then I suffer an endless loop)

Tried the above same with the Tronsmart ROM 08/02 (which was the ROM that was working the best for me in the past) It only boots through the Tronsmart logo and at the android logo gets into an endless loop.

My apologies to the OP. I seem to have invaded his post trying to sort my problem out.

Comment

To get back to 4.2.2 from 4.4, I had to install the stock ROM from Tronsmart (go to blog.geekbuying.com to download one). After that I was able to install Finless 1.7 which is where I am right now on my MK908v1.

--
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X