No announcement yet.

NEW - Jynxbox HD&mini, Mygica TV310b, Geniatech TV510b - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob. I tried on a Windowz machine and yes, I was able to browse as a .zip and rename it. I was able to installed it and everything went smooth until I rebooted. The box is On with the blue led, but no HDMI output is detected so I can't see the boot process or what is going on

I will try to do a recovery of the box to see if I can bring it up with a Matricom original release. Then will try again to see if I can put the finless rom.

For now, I will not advise the install of finless14 rom on a G-box Midnight MX even when it is an Amlogic M3 until further testing. Will keep you guys posted.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by soshowme View Post
      Thanks Bob. I tried on a Windowz machine and yes, I was able to browse as a .zip and rename it. I was able to installed it and everything went smooth until I rebooted. The box is On with the blue led, but no HDMI output is detected so I can't see the boot process or what is going on

I will try to do a recovery of the box to see if I can bring it up with a Matricom original release. Then will try again to see if I can put the finless rom.

For now, I will not advise the install of finless14 rom on a G-box Midnight MX even when it is an Amlogic M3 until further testing. Will keep you guys posted.

Jay
      The problem is the kernel for this ROM doesn't work for you.
      In the zip is not just system but also uImage (boot.img). If you want to try and make this work you would have to make a new zip (signed using a tool) with your recovery, uboot, etc leaving just my /system part.
      Another way would be to take my package and remove everything other than system and then edit the installer script so it doesn't look to write those to nand. Basically it would format system only and install my system. This would be the easiest way.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i am blown away by how crisp the video is on this jynx box hd compaired to a lot of other devices, with the new set up it runs smooth and clean for such a old box.

Again ​bob awsome work,,,,
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

@ Finless - Thanks for the heads-up Bob. At this point I'm over my head since I can put a rom on a sdcard or usb but besides that I have no real skills to build roms, etc.

Is there any benefit to use your System but with the kernel from the original manufacturer Matricom? I don't know if it is possible to take the last firmware release they did http://matriserver.com/files/Midnigh.../M3-Latest.rar and somehow mixed or improved it with your 1.4 rom.

Maybe creating a Frankenstein hybrid between the two!

Thanks for your efforts on bringing live to this old but still usefull M3 boxes and your quicks replies.

Jay

Comment

GBOX M3 trial.

@Soshowme

Hey man, I have a gbox midnight 2.2 and I gave it a shot. I somehow managed to pull it off and got the finless ROM loaded on my gbox. Initially it seems to be much faster than the previous custom ROM I was using off of the Matricom forums.

However, I did run into a few problems. Netflix doesn't display in a full window, it only takes up a small portion of the screen. Going to developer options causes system UI to force close. XBMC seems as though it's ripping it up in terms of responsiveness, it's at least 4-5 fps faster in confluence than my previous ROM.

There appears to be a wierd bug with XBMC. The cpu usage is next to nothing when playing a 720p movie with passthrough dts/dolby, which seems like gold. But, the fps goes up and down from 15fps to 24fps. It actually sounds better somehow as well??? 1080p struggles and pegs out the CPU most of the time. Running Gotham nightly build from last night.

Network responsiveness and throughput appear to be better than the stock Matricom firmware. The play store works, and in general everything feels very snappy. Metro launcher hangs. Wifi works. I didn't transfer over the files for the remote, but I assume that should work pretty easy.

I don't really know what I'm doing, So I'm amazed I got this far with it. It seems very promising.

Thanks Finless for all your hard work.

I meant to add: I used to the B3-Sunburst ROM and swapped out the /system/ folder and re-signed, then installed through clock-work mod.

Comment

i dont know the link but the build of 12.9 that i am running on the jynk box workes very well and snappy i found it in the original build of the last firmware with the jynkbox (downloaded but cant locate it now?)
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

@dismantler, I'm glad you were able to installed it. Actually mine went through the installation, etc. The problem I think was that I was using STTV release which is Linux. After installing finless and rebooting it showed the splash screen of Linux for STTV and then blackness. I read of others that had problems bricking boxes after coming back to android from linux

I can't do nothing now with the box since I can't get to recovery when pressing the recovery button on the AV hole. I have checked posts by others that have try to short pins and other stuff but I haven't found someone that had successfully done it.

All I can say is that the MX even when it have only one CPU still have great performance when using STTV Linux for XBMC or like you now with a custom rom like finless14.

For now I have my Roku 3 for Netflix, etc. I wish there was an XBMC app for Roku since it is smooth and fast with 1080p and DD/DTS... or at least Miracast which there are rumors will be coming soon on an update, so I can bean XBMC from my Note 2 or Note 8 to it

Just a heads-up for anyone looking for an upgrade to the MX: I bought on **** a Minix Neo 7 for around $56 including shipping... The seller seems reputable and if it doesn't arrive the purchase is covered by **** and Paypal anyway so I will get my money back. That deal is gone but there is another seller with 100% feedback selling the "Neo 7 Mini" for $69.99 including shipping.

This is the link but as I said I just ordered one from another seller and it should take 15 to 25 days to see if it really arrives and to give feedback about it. First thing will be to put the latest Finless Rom on it

http://www.****.com/itm/NEW-X7-mini-...item4d1b1dae68

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY UNBRICK A G-BOX MIDNIGHT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I'LL REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
                Last edited by soshowme; 04-01-2014, 21:34.

Comment

Wow, you rock finless.

This ROM is blazing fast and, after it settled in it, plays 1080 very well in xbmc gotham 3.

I'm having a problem with Netflix, and I was wondering if there was a fix. It loads just fine and allows me to pick a movie. The first few seconds play and then everything goes black.

Thanks if you get the time, kickass ROM man.

Edit: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but should I also add the data folder from your rom to the zip on the one I'm using?
                  Last edited by dismantler; 04-02-2014, 14:13.

Comment

@dismantler, I had the same problem with another android rom and this was how I got read of the Netflix black screen.

Close netflix and use a terminal program or adb to connect to the gbox. Then type these command:

su
                    setprop tv.hideStatusBar.enable false

After that you should be able to see the videos. This is an easy fix to test since you can revert it back with the same command but changing false to true.

Hope this solves the problem.

Comment

@soshowme

Good to see ya still around, sorry to hear about your box.

I'm familiar with the particular issue you're reffering to and the build.prop edit of that command, but I don't think thats been a problem since netflix 3.1.

This problem is much different, and the window is not resizing. It seems related to the higher bitrate streams Netflix sends after watching a few seconds.

Thanks for the reply though

Edit:

Confirmed, the issue is with higher bandwidth streams from the net. XBMC is fine (Epic would be a better word), but youtube and netflix players both halt when going to HD streams.
                      Last edited by dismantler; 04-03-2014, 11:22.

Comment

Replaced my bricked G-box Midnight with an Amazon Fire TV

Well since my MX box is bricked and not even using the Amlogic Burning Tool I've been able to salvage it, a new box was in order (I ordered a Minx Neo 7 last week from China so I don't know how long or if will arrive).

So yesterday they released the Amazon Fire TV so I said "why not?". It should be here on April 8, so soon I will be able to relate my experience. If it works as advertised and I can do Miracast for XBMC, XDA Developers get it going in the box, them I won't be buying the new Amlogic and will sell my Roku 3 on ****.

Hopefully Bob will do a Finless rom for the Fire TV later in the future to crack it open!

Comment

snap processor with dual core not much impressing specs on that box?

Comment

@soshowme

lol, I just did the same thing. Should be in tommorow. I had been waiting for the amlogic quad-core boxes, but to be honest it will be nice just to have a box that works the way I expect.

It's been fun learning so much about Android, but I'm ready to have a box that has some real support behind it.

@scoot2014

Snapdragon quad-core with 2 gigs of ram, looks like it lines right up with the boxes coming out. My only gripe from what I can see so far is the lack of IR control and single usb port.

Comment

Same concerns here. I have a Logitech 700 and it worked great with the G-box. Hopefully if it sells real well maybe they add the Bluetooth control to the Logitech codes like they did for the Playstation, Xbox and Wii. On the USB you can add a powered mini hub which should allow better transfer from USB drives.

Scooter2014, this Snapdragon Adreno 330 combination beats pretty much anything out there in performance including the new S802 and the upcoming RK3288 which on tests right now lacks behind the S802 and Allwinner A80 with PowerVR G6230, very impressive for a $99 box.

Here is a comparison of the S4P vs Tegra 4, for GPU performance the Snapdragon beats the Tegra 4 http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Qualcomm-Sna...Nvidia-Tegra-4

Another thing like dismantler said, this is going to be a tested and well supported box, like the Kindles Fire tablets. I will probably implement XBMC and root if XDA offer them, but besides that, this box should work out of the box without problems like my Roku does, don't think it is gonna be the same with the new S802 boxes or other Chinese boxes for that matter.
                              Last edited by soshowme; 04-03-2014, 19:31.

Comment

Yes would be nice to have a supported one and specs impressive from that stand point if actual snap pro used. (again havent seen a actual box being tested)

where is link to sales on this or at least one review of it hands on. google, Apple TV samsung bigger compaines then amazon have offered same solutions and fallen short was my comment. Hey ill be one to jump both feet in and say great job but nneed some facts first (wait and see if they allow source code or roms or even rooted system. may be closed ? Then its good luck running anything but what they want you too....

run xbmc on it think about what you just said ?????? why would Amazon allow you to do that..... goes against every single reason they have created this tv box for..... i will wait till a few hands on reviews first.

Comment

Working...
                                X