Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cs968 and clones: Overclocking possible? Yes, it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest kernel builds allow all t kernels to unlock DDR, GPU is now unlocked and RK1000 now works. JDfense reports the usual OTG power method is still required and the kernel is unstable for him.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      My latest kernel builds allow all t kernels to unlock DDR, GPU is now unlocked and RK1000 now works. JDfense reports the usual OTG power method is still required and the kernel is unstable for him.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
      D33,
      I have tried your latest kernel builds - kernel_AP6210_HD_v310 and kernel_t_AP6210_HD_v310 on my TV01 (CS968V3, RK3188T).
      AP6210_Kernel_t_V31, cpu1800MHz/gpu594MHz/ddr528MHz, => Antutu score 19560
      AP6210_Kernel_V31, cpu1800MHz/gpu768MHz/ddr720MHz, => Antutu score 20692
      I was really impressed with my "T" CPU achieving >20000 Antutu marks at 1080p.
      WiFi and BT are both working.
      Ethernet (eth0) detected but no MAC address assigned. I was able to manually assign a MAC address and bring Ethernet up.
      HDMI sound OK. Unfortunately, RK1000 is not working. I checked DMESG and it has got errors (cannot probe...). It could be related to the way I need to power up the TV box with OTG USB port in addition to a normal power supply (similar to JDefense's case). However, RK1000 seemed to be OK according to JDefense's recently posted DMESG. I don't understand.
      Camera/MIC/IR remote appeared to be not working. Would this be related to the KK rom (Finless T428 ROM 2.0) I was using (because T428 does not have these HW components)?
      In the mean time, I restored my TV box with Tech1's " CR11S-CS968-2MP-1080p-Ultra-HiDef-AP6210-20140314". Although it is JB4.2, everything works very well. Nice work, Tech1.
      Thank again for your effort in making these wonderful unlocked kernel builds.
      DMESG attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hkp168 View Post
        DHowever, RK1000 seemed to be OK according to JDefense's recently posted DMESG. I don't understand.
        Camera/MIC/IR remote appeared to be not working.
        DMESG attached.
        You would need specific support in kernel and ROM for non-UVC cameras - no point until someone works out why the box cant start without the OTG trick

Donate to Finless

Comment

I asked myself, why the cs968v3 has working wifi and bluetooth, because it should have the mediatek chipset.

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ~ 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
            I asked myself, why the cs968v3 has working wifi and bluetooth, because it should have the mediatek chipset.

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ~ 2013
            Apparently, there are two different configurations with TV01 (CS968), V3. My one has AP6210. The PCB labelled as "HTC-T018-V3" 20131104. The other V3 has Mediatek chipset. They are listed on the Russian 4PDA website. Details can be found on the link below (Google translation)
            Attention! There are four versions of consoles:
            V2 Wi-Fi C: AP6210
            (can safely be sewn. All firmware fit) V3 Wi-Fi C: AP6210 (can safely be sewn. All firmware fit) V3 Wi-Fi C: MediaTek (firmware specifically for MediaTEK) V4 Wi-Fi C: MediaTek (rom nothing is yet clear) There are also two versions: With 2MP camera and 5mp. firmware is usually specified in the code 200 and 500 sootvetstvenno.

Comment

Good to know, that the V3 exists with old and newer WiFi chip.
              This is a hell of mixed up device type.
              Next time I buy a cheapo device, I should remember all the trouble with this cs968.
              Thx for your information hkp.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Hello guys ,

I was excited that now we have an oficial firmware for the cs968 with 4.4.2 kitkat and I was thinking that now I will be able to use to D33 oc kernel and also have the other 2 usb ports available / the original power method back but I was wrong . With the oficial kit kat rom for cs968 or cr11s with d33 kernel I have laggy mouse and the sound is bad disorted I went back to t428 finless rom with d33 kernel the sound is ok and the mouse mooves smooth . I wonder why the sound and the shuttering of the cursor is that on this oficial rom .

Comment

Could someone else try the official cs968 kitkat rom with d33 oc kernel and confirm my findings ?

Originally posted by rosty View Post
                  Hello guys ,

I was excited that now we have an oficial firmware for the cs968 with 4.4.2 kitkat and I was thinking that now I will be able to use to D33 oc kernel and also have the other 2 usb ports available / the original power method back but I was wrong . With the oficial kit kat rom for cs968 or cr11s with d33 kernel I have laggy mouse and the sound is bad disorted I went back to t428 finless rom with d33 kernel the sound is ok and the mouse mooves smooth . I wonder why the sound and the shuttering of the cursor is that on this oficial rom .

Comment

Don't mix my older 2.x/3.x kernels built on beta source with ROMs built on 'official release' source. They aren't compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                    X