MK808B Freeze/Crash Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Freeze/Crash Issue

I've received my MK808B in the post, it came with an EU plug so had to get a convertor for my plug socket so it would take it (i live in the UK)

Started it up

It runs Finless 2.1

Accessed the main screen, went to settings, set up my WIFI, back to the main page, opened browser, went to youtube, started watching a video - the screen flicked, black screen (device on for 5 mins)

Rebooted

Decided to try out the google play store, double clicked, started loading, froze (device on for 1 min)

Rebooted

Accessed the browser, download XBMC, installed it, left the device on before doing anything, for around 10 minutes, went onto XBMC, started to install add ons - froze (device on for 15 mins)

You get the picture

Power supply issue? Faulty box?

Go easy on me I'm new to this

Originally posted by chappers8 View Post
    Power supply issue? Faulty box?
    The included power adapter for MK808/MK808B is said to be complete garbage, so you are better off connecting the usb cable into a powered USB hub. I power the device using my TV's USB port, but most people say that this isn't such a great idea either.

I suggest using Flumpster's XBMC for the device.

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Flumpster XBMC is actually the MiniX XBMC modified to work on Finless Roms with GT-I9300 model in build.prop. No need for advancedsettings, as H264/vc1 video is decoded with stf-h264, a new codec for Rockchip devices not present in the nightly XBMC versions that make use of the VPU and GPU to decode video. Press 'O' to see if stf-h264 codec is active and there are no dropped frames, otherwise the CPU is used and you need to edit build.prop to change manufacturer to Samsung and device to GT-I9300.
    You will get better answers posting in the section for MK808 --> http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay...-MK808-802-etc

Comment

Working...
    X