force close on superuser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

force close on superuser

For some reason I keep getting force close prompt on superuser. Just started. Today. Any thoughts
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

has it upgraded i had to uninstall the upgrade the other day settings apps remove upgrades on super user as mine has run an auto update so i lost all access to apps that required su as it keept fcing removing the upgrade and stoppinv auto upgrade on it worked for me
    hope this helps
    ricky
    Ricky
    New here but learning something new everyday

Comment

As you see on all my ROMs I have been using an older Superuser.apk. The reason is this older one fits the screen properly for a tablet and seems to be more compatible. When you upgrade you get a squeezed up UI like a phone. Also if you upgrade you need the newer version of SU to go with it. You will have to manually copy the SU binary to /system/bin and replace the one that is there.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Bob,i really have no clue how to do this still a baby when it comes to some of this stuff.

Comment

did you try unistalling the upgrade?
          Ricky

Comment

To tell you the truth it's not upgraded because theres a upgrade available but it force closes at any attempt to use for whatever reason. Unless its the upgraded version that bob uses I'm not sure thanks for your response I'm stumped . It's version 3.0.7 if that helps any thanks cybertwigg

Comment

mine is v2.3.6.3 i guess that is from bobs apk if you go to settings and open your app manager find superuser and see if it says unistall click it and it should say this will uninstall all upgrades do you wish to continue then it will take you back to stock app (bobs version) just dont uninstall if it says this will unistall the app lol
              Ricky

Comment

Thanks, stuff like this can get stupidly frustrating, I'll see. What that says.

Comment

keep me posted gonna look into something else at the mo on the same thing so tell me if that works for you
                  Ricky

Comment

Nope it doesn't even give the option to uninstall.

Comment

its your binary i just updated to v3.0.7 and got fc all the time i updated the binary and its fine now judt looking for an easy way to update binary because i have broken summot when was messing about to do it lol
                      Ricky

Comment

try going to market and searching for superuser click on it in market and choose unistall see if that works also you said it was asking to update was that tbe binary or the app that was trying to update?
                        Ricky

Comment

it was trying to update binary ive got it charging going to do some things keep ya posted thanks man

Comment

i would attempt the update then as thats what needs dooing the problem i had was the binary updater kept failing but if yours updates that should solve your problem
                            Ricky

Comment

checked market real quick all it asked was to open no uninstall

Comment

Working...
                              X