Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMOKIN' ROM !

DAM Bob you did it again,(you know your nickname amongst my friends is "THE ROM GOD"!) But i just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. After installing on first boot the screen locked on me,but on second boot(reboot) all was working fine(fast as a banshee too!) The app icons get a little screwy on the home screen and sometimes revert to default android icon/widget, but i was pleasantly surprised at how fast this thing is, the new style is takin some getting used to but i like it alot, im also impressed that the locator on google and other apps is working now(I dont know if i want my girlfriend knowing where i am all of the time yet or not) but overall im very impressed BOB thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by m0tec View Post
      Hi, what does this application do?

Thanks,

Alan
      It provides "back" and "menu" buttons on an always present popup "tiny" icon on the right of the screen, so you can have them whenever you want, even if the Status Bar is hidden. For example when you click on preview screens of apps on the market they go fullscreen and hide the status bar and you have no way to go back if button savior is not installed or you don't have physical "back" or "menu" buttons. On my phone that is not a problem as I have physical buttons. On 1.5 bob's rom that was not a problem as there was no way to hide the status bar, but on honeycomb, the bar is "removable" by apps, so without hardware buttons, you may be stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        In the ROM kit I provided flash 10.3. Have you guys tried that?

The cube had flash 10.3 also. Daman did it work with the stock cube ROM?

Bob
        CANT remember Bob, works through browser that is all I know
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
          It provides "back" and "menu" buttons on an always present popup "tiny" icon on the right of the screen, so you can have them whenever you want, even if the Status Bar is hidden. For example when you click on preview screens of apps on the market they go fullscreen and hide the status bar and you have no way to go back if button savior is not installed or you don't have physical "back" or "menu" buttons. On my phone that is not a problem as I have physical buttons. On 1.5 bob's rom that was not a problem as there was no way to hide the status bar, but on honeycomb, the bar is "removable" by apps, so without hardware buttons, you may be stuck.
          Thanks Petrus
          I used to long for an Ipad, but couldn't afford one.

Now I have an Arnova 10 G2, with Gingercomb V2.0 rom.

I am so glad I made the right choice.

Finless is my god

Comment

Fantastic job Bob Gameloft games now work! The tablet seems much quicker in fact almost like a new tablet!

Comment

I know what the desktop icon problem is DAMN IT....

I used the Cube launcher3.0 and it has a crap load of icons on the desktop built in. So when you install an app it recognizes it tries to put the icon back on the desktop and of course it's a stupid default android icon.

So here is the deal folks... I can fix this if it is really needed. I have a launcher3.0 that is not from the Cube and has only 2 icons by default. However when you open the APP drawer the top right MARKET icons points to ANDY Pad's market not the google market! Not sure that is a big deal or not?

So you have a choice. Deal with the icons and once you get everything installed you want and fix up the desktop icons you will be OK. They will stop magically changing on you. Or I can replace the launcher but as above the market link goes to Andy Pad.

In the future I will see if I can get Miklaus' help is removed the cube's stupid default icons.

So do you all understand why this happens now? I will do what you all would like.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I know what the desktop icon problem is DAMN IT....

I used the Cube launcher3.0 and it has a crap load of icons on the desktop built in. So when you install an app it recognizes it tries to put the icon back on the desktop and of course it's a stupid default android icon.

So here is the deal folks... I can fix this if it is really needed. I have a launcher3.0 that is not from the Cube and has only 2 icons by default. However when you open the APP drawer the top right MARKET icons points to ANDY Pad's market not the google market! Not sure that is a big deal or not?

So you have a choice. Deal with the icons and once you get everything installed you want and fix up the desktop icons you will be OK. They will stop magically changing on you. Or I can replace the launcher but as above the market link goes to Andy Pad.

In the future I will see if I can get Miklaus' help is removed the cube's stupid default icons.

So do you all understand why this happens now? I will do what you all would like.

Bob
                Not a big deal for me Bob, thanks for the offer

Alan
                I used to long for an Ipad, but couldn't afford one.

Now I have an Arnova 10 G2, with Gingercomb V2.0 rom.

I am so glad I made the right choice.

Finless is my god

Comment

Not a problem if you install another launcher like Go launcher as you can replace the icons with themes or manually do it

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                  Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  </form>

Comment

no prob for me bob grate app sooo fast its hard to beleve
                    Ricky
                    New here but learning something new everyday

Comment

Damn guys... I am feeling good!

I guess I hit a home run here?

Trust that it was weeks of testing and

Ask Petrus, Daman, and Miklaus what I went through to get this to work. I almost gave up a few times.

But I had a HELL of a lot of fun doing it and learned a HELL of a lot in the process.

I am really happy you all are enjoying the new ROM

Bob

Comment

Finless thanks for your hard work in this excelent ROM.

Just installed and it runs without any problem!

One question.. Maybe this is stupid from me, but where I can find the " Battery Use " feature ? It really helped check how much time the battery last.

In the others ROM it was under Settings> About Phone > Battery.

Comment

Damn guys... I am feeling good!

I guess I hit a home run here?

Trust that it was weeks of testing and

Ask Petrus, Daman, and Miklaus what I went through to get this to work. I almost gave up a few times.

But I had a HELL of a lot of fun doing it and learned a HELL of a lot in the process.

I am really happy you all are enjoying the new ROM

Bob
                          Yeah, I tried to help, but by the time I installed it, you already solved the issues I was trying to help with.
                          You really learnt a lot on android, man
                          I'll stay where I am good : app development You can handle the system stuff You do a great job

Comment

Originally posted by onericardo View Post
                            Finless thanks for your hard work in this excelent ROM.

Just installed and it runs without any problem!

One question.. Maybe this is stupid from me, but where I can find the " Battery Use " feature ? It really helped check how much time the battery last.

In the others ROM it was under Settings&gt; About Phone &gt; Battery.

Install Anycut from the market and this will create the shortcut to get the battery info

</form>

Comment

You know I never noticed the battery settings menu missing..... But now that you bring it up, your right.. it's not there. If Anycut has it available that means Miklaus might be able to add it to the setting menu for a later ROM release.

Bob

Comment

You know I never noticed the battery settings menu missing..... But now that you bring it up, your right.. it's not there. If Anycut has it available that means Miklaus might be able to add it to the setting menu for a later ROM release.

Bob
                                Bob Anycut does work for it Because I used it when I had it installed on my Cube, sorry I should of mentioned it to you that the battery info was missing.

</form>

Comment

Working...
                                X