Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
    2.0 installed and working really well - having a bit of a hard time getting used to the new UI but it is splendid!
    3G stick doesn't work but that was expected as it's based on the Philly ROM, everything else looking good so far.

Nice work all!
    Mr. Weelson, bad news my friend. The Cube gingercomb system will not boot at all with the older arnova kernel even using LIB files from the old system with that kernel!!!!

So, looks like I might have a lot more work trying to get 3G support on my 2.0 ROM. It's not going to happen overnight.

Can you make a post in the support for for the 10G2 about this like you did last time so we have a specific thread about it and I can post TEST ROMs for you as I work out that the problem is.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK but if I keep it pressed and release the Vol+ and check Device Manager, the device comes up as 'Unknown Device' in USB section.

OK DELETE THE DRIVERS FIRST AND REBOOT. AND THEN REINSTALL THE DRIVERS AGAIN MAYBE THAT'S WORKS? BECAUSE WINDOWS SEE THEN NEW HARDWARE .
      if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

I am using flash 11 now. So this is wierd. I cant use the BBS iplayer as I am not in the UK and it detects your IP address and knows I am in the US. If you read the description of that APP in Google Play it specifically says UK only and they block anyone outside the UK.

However I have gone to pages that have even flash games and they work for me using 10.3 or 11.

Can you guys give me the web pages your going to that dont work other than the BBC thing.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I am using flash 11 now. So this is wierd. I cant use the BBS iplayer as I am not in the UK and it detects your IP address and knows I am in the US. If you read the description of that APP in Google Play it specifically says UK only and they block anyone outside the UK.

However I have gone to pages that have even flash games and they work for me using 10.3 or 11.

Can you guys give me the web pages your going to that dont work other than the BBC thing.

Bob
          What? Flash games on my arnova? I didn't even dream that would be possible
          I'll try it
          By the way which browser and flash version do you use?

Comment

Hi all. Just wanted to share a cool thing (at least for me). I can now play games that wouldn't work on the other rom's. Thanks again Bob, this has been real cool!

The compatibility mode in the app management window scales games down to the right scale for our tab.
            Last edited by Gamer819; 05-21-2012, 19:36.
            "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
              What? Flash games on my arnova? I didn't even dream that would be possible
              I'll try it
              By the way which browser and flash version do you use?
              Ok just tried installing firefox beta, flash 11 and kongregate, and everything works
              But again, button savior seems to be a must here, or you can't go back...
              So I just bought the full version of button savior to reward the developer of this priceless app.

Comment

Hi bob flash works ok in the browser for the bbc iplayer... It doesn't work with the iplayer app. Audio only black screen...not sure why the app doesn't work like the website but as I say does not matter.. Other website flash also works fine.. Sorry for any confusion bob

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetuk View Post
                  Hi bob flash works ok in the browser for the bbc iplayer... It doesn't work with the iplayer app. Audio only black screen...not sure why the app doesn't work like the website but as I say does not matter.. Other website flash also works fine.. Sorry for any confusion bob
                  I have exactly the same issue.
                  Tried Flash 11.1 and 10.3 without success but the website is fine.
                  I've searched and some people had success changing the Flash settings but no joy for me so far.

Like gadgetuk said the website still works so no biggie..

Cheers
                  Andy

Comment

That is the same as my Cube tablet. With the latest flash installed the IPlayer app has the same black screen on the app with Ics.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    </form>

Comment

In the ROM kit I provided flash 10.3. Have you guys tried that?

The cube had flash 10.3 also. Daman did it work with the stock cube ROM?

Bob

Comment

Button Savior

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                        Ok just tried installing firefox beta, flash 11 and kongregate, and everything works
                        But again, button savior seems to be a must here, or you can't go back...
                        So I just bought the full version of button savior to reward the developer of this priceless app.
                        Hi, what does this application do?

Thanks,

Alan
                        I used to long for an Ipad, but couldn't afford one.

Now I have an Arnova 10 G2, with Gingercomb V2.0 rom.

I am so glad I made the right choice.

Finless is my god

Comment

I have exactly the same issue.
                          Tried Flash 11.1 and 10.3 without success but the website is fine.
                          I've searched and some people had success changing the Flash settings but no joy for me so far.

Like gadgetuk said the website still works so no biggie..

Cheers
                          Andy
                          Same here Bob, no major issue, everything else works like a charm. Don't worry about it.

Just thought you'd like some feedback

Alan
                          I used to long for an Ipad, but couldn't afford one.

Now I have an Arnova 10 G2, with Gingercomb V2.0 rom.

I am so glad I made the right choice.

Finless is my god

Comment

Just got problem now with the Ethernet setting keeps re-enabling itself? Had to turn it off 3 times, so far... Just wondering just to leave it on if its not causing any problems

Bob did try app injector flash....made no difference to bbc iplayer
                            Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Just got problem now with the Ethernet setting keeps re-enabling itself? Had to turn it off 3 times, so far... Just wondering just to leave it on if its not causing any problems

I just disabled it on mine OK.
                              Probably won't be a problem as there's no ethernet present anyway.

Comment

I just disabled it on mine OK.
                                Probably won't be a problem as there's no ethernet present anyway.
                                yes I did the same but after a re-boot it was enabled again...

Comment

Working...
                                X