No announcement yet.

Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd not tried Gallery before, just have and not getting a force close but it does open then close immediately. Message appearing is 'Scanning Media files, please start Gallery later'

This is on V2.0a

Cheers
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Daviwal View Post
      I followed the installation instructions to the letter. If I start Temple Run the screen changes to portrait and goes black for a couple of seconds then reverts to how it was. No files left on my SD.
      I never use Tianium back up or any other..
      Will wait for for 2.1 &, and the try again.
      Sent from my Arnova 10 G2 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure you've flashed the tablet correctly?
      I've noticed that your Tapatalk 2 says "Sent from my Arnova 10 G2".
      It should now say "Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2".

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlord View Post
        You can change the signature back to sent from my arnova 10g2 in the tapatalk settings so doesn't mean its not been flashed correctly I changed mine back from the GT on my arnova.. Btw this is sent from my iPhone lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
          I'd not tried Gallery before, just have and not getting a force close but it does open then close immediately. Message appearing is 'Scanning Media files, please start Gallery later'

This is on V2.0a

Cheers
          Andy
          This is the message I keep getting
          The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly please try again
          then I have to force close this happens randomly, have reflashed v2.0a twice, just be nice to find a cure then the tab will be such an improvement over the stock item
          thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by sminky01 View Post
            This is the message I keep getting
            The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly please try again
            then I have to force close this happens randomly, have reflashed v2.0a twice, just be nice to find a cure then the tab will be such an improvement over the stock item
            thanks for any help
            Strange im running 2.0a and gallery works fine for me...have opened and closed quite a few times now no f/c

sent from my Arnova 10G2

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetuk View Post
              Strange im running 2.0a and gallery works fine for me...have opened and closed quite a few times now no f/c

sent from my Arnova 10G2
              Ok seem to have found a fix went to
              settings
              applications
              manage applications
              all
              gallery
              and changed setting to run in compatibility mode and so far no force closes well fingers crossed it stays that way

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlord View Post
                Yes, there is an option in Tapatalk to customise what it says. I couldn't see the point of it saying sent from something that I don't own. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I am not going to to stress about the game....I can play it on my Galaxy S. I am really pleased with the the ROM and am very grateful to Bob for all his hard work.. I only mentioned it because he asked for feedback.
                I was a little bit surprised at the response, yes it does work, and when so many people seem to have their own unique experience's when flashing the same ROMS to the same tablets.
                I know flashed it properly, and I know the game doesn't work... On my tablet.

Comment

Is your 10 G2 by chance a 10B G2 capactive? Ther are almost the same tablet ut the GPU is different so thatmight explain it.

All I can see if you look at this thread a few pages back you can see where I fixed that game. It works for me and quite a few others. Did you download a FRESH copy from the market? If your side loading it from SDcard then it maybe an old version? Just trying to come up with why....

Also for games I have been fixing and what not see this thread

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Is your 10 G2 by chance a 10B G2 capactive? Ther are almost the same tablet ut the GPU is different so thatmight explain it.

All I can see if you look at this thread a few pages back you can see where I fixed that game. It works for me and quite a few others. Did you download a FRESH copy from the market? If your side loading it from SDcard then it maybe an old version? Just trying to come up with why....

Also for games I have been fixing and what not see this thread

Bob
                    It's a 10 G2. I Never bother to back up apps because they are always available for download on the market anyway and like you say, they often don't reinstall properly from backups , especially when flashing new software.
                    I might start now though, because with your GingerComb, I feel that I can at last settle down and enjoy just using the tablet instead of just looking for improvements all the time.
                    It now feels like the tablet I wanted. (until GingerCreamSandwich comes along)
                    That game is the only problem that I have got and like I say I am not going to stress over it.
                    I might get 2.1 when you have finished it, and then start using it. Besides that my wife complains that all of our paperclips are weird shapes. I blame you. Lol
                    The only thing missing now for me is bluetooth but I think have resigned myself to the fact that that's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Daviwal View Post
                      Besides that my wife complains that all of our paperclips are weird shapes. I blame you. Lol
                      "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Originally posted by sminky01 View Post
                        Ok seem to have found a fix went to
                        settings
                        applications
                        manage applications
                        all
                        gallery
                        and changed setting to run in compatibility mode and so far no force closes well fingers crossed it stays that way
                        Gallery working OK for me now - must just take a while to index pictures etc the first time you open the app. Didn't have to change compatibility settings though.

Comment

Cheers Bob!

Purchased the 10G2 after reading here - Flashed it last night and its working great! Thank you for the effort you put into this ROM.

Can someone please tell me - in running apps how can i select all or one to close them down?

Cool Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Jfin View Post
                            Purchased the 10G2 after reading here - Flashed it last night and its working great! Thank you for the effort you put into this ROM.

Can someone please tell me - in running apps how can i select all or one to close them down?

Cool Forum
                            For individual apps Settings\Applications\Running services select app then stop. You can also tap menu to see cached apps running and stop them. Use caution as Bob and Petrus have both mentioned how dangerous app killers can be. Killing some apps can damage your system.
                            "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Originally posted by Jfin View Post

Cool Forum
                              I would not worry to much Gingerbread leaves them in the background and stops them from functioning until you start them again. You can try task killers from the market some are better than others

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              </form>

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X