Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    New ROM installed flawlessly. Great work!!!

Now I'm getting used to new GUI. Button Savior is a must have app.

I wish Honeycomb had a way to clear all notifications.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just tried my old favourite Nemus Launcher with GingerComb, and found it runs really Smoothly & gives you the best of both worlds. You get the usual Honeycomb type notifications but also the familiar Gingerbread style pull down notification, (although it's now a pull up one), complete with a clear button, to clear all notifications when on the home screen.
    It also offers a more accessible application menu button, (in my opinion) and a handy scrolling dock for quick access to you favourite apps.
    Sent from my Arnova 10 G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Daviwal; 06-02-2012, 21:10.

Comment

Hey Bob, Sorry to ask but the app Busybox installer isnt working on the new Arnova :S Any chance you can have a look pls as it says there is no root access after I confirmed to give it root access.
      Thank you - I want to change the min frees and tweak memory managment with the V6 Superscripts but need busy box to make it work.

Comment

i was wondering does this rom come with the new superSU app from chainfire, or is it the old superuser app by chainsdd?

Comment

@leon - It comes with the Superuser app, not SuperSU.

Comment

My new release will have the latest superuser.apk and SU binary. However the latest is scaled for a phone not a tablet so it is all scrunched up on the dialog box when is asks for SU permissions.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK Ignore my last comment about Busybox installer . Now working after a reformat and download from the Market.

However I wonder, whilst checking my RAM it says that the tablet has 350mb of it. Shouldnt they have more than that as I thought they were 512mb of ram tablets... +/- the actual ram to the "advertised" ram shouldnt it be 480ish or something?

Comment

You do have 512 but the OS (kernel) uses a lot of it and thats what you have left. As you run apps, they also need to run in memory (not NAND). As you can see we really always needed 1 meg not 512. 512 is on the bare end of minimum.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Its just odd that it recognises the system to have 350mb and not 512mb as standard, even if the Kernel and apps run in the background.

For example my phone shows as 748 however 620 is the true value.

I would have thought the tablet to show 512 and the true value of ...460 or 480? not as 350mb :S

Comment

strange battey status

My Arnova 10g2 is flashed with this ROM. i have noticed strange habits in the battery charging. it seems to

get to 67% never higher and when left off over night to charge i wake up to something like 26%. This does not seem like anything in the ROM as i have googled a lot and nothing. so here really to pick minds any one ever heard of this type of thing ???

thanks in advance guy
                    and bob what a great ROM ,work much appreciated

Comment

Sounds like you have a faulty charger or battery bearing in mind there are two in there, not something I have heard off to be honest.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                        Sounds like you have a faulty charger or battery bearing in mind there are two in there, not something I have heard off to be honest.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

ok i will try charger..two batterys i did not know that..ok cool i bet theses cant be changed ..cheers

Comment

One thing to mention, i seem to keep losing icons to three games, no other games or apps have this issue just the three games below. I have tried deleting the shortcut from the desktop then recreating it, uninstall each game then reinstall but after a reboot they always revert to the green android man?

stupid zombies
                          pool master
                          raging thunder

any ideas why would be gratefully received?

Comment

Originally posted by jamieb158 View Post
                            One thing to mention, i seem to keep losing icons to three games, no other games or apps have this issue just the three games below. I have tried deleting the shortcut from the desktop then recreating it, uninstall each game then reinstall but after a reboot they always revert to the green android man?

stupid zombies
                            pool master
                            raging thunder

any ideas why would be gratefully received?
                            I get this happen to on 3 ...magnetic soccer,crackle and reckless racing.. but if i restart the desktop launcher they reappear correctly....is slightly annoying

Update...changed my launcher to ADW ex and all icons fine after reboot...must be slight bug in stock launcher

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
                            Last edited by gadgetuk; 06-05-2012, 14:47.

Comment

Brilliant

I thought the Finless ROM 1.5 was fantastic (my post).

Until I tried this (v2.0A) "GingerComb". Even better Once again it's like I've got a new device .

Fantastic to finally have a proper lock screen on an Arnova 10 G2.

I've noticed a couple of small problems:
                              1. Angry Birds and Tiki Golf would not run. Then I updated them through Market/Google Play, and now they work fine (I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, but I might have missed it).
                              2. My power light never seems to go green, even when fully charged. It's always red. Not a big deal, and definitely worth the upgrade. Just thought I'd report it.

Anyway, once again I'd like to thank Bob, and Petrus and co. for doing this. I hope you know how much we appreciate your work guys.

Comment

3G drivers

Hello first of all Congratulations on this great ROM!!!!

i´ve a small problem, whit the original rom (arnova) my huawey e220 3G pen worked fine, now it dont even recognize the pen, can you help me, thanks in advance

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X