No announcement yet.

Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it still has to be recognized by Windows. Sorry I see he is having that problem.
    Whats wierd is the flash tool log shows it is flashing. So it makes me think the tool sees the device anyway. If he gets a green box on RKBtach tool then it is seeing it.

Again when I had that happen the RK29Android flash tool worked like his is showing but the device would not boot and in fact rebooted right back into flash mode. The tool would say RK29 device found again right after the flash and reboot. Much the same as he is describing. I thought the Tab was hosed and had to be sent back so just in case I decided to flash the stock ROM back using RKBatch tool. And low and behold it worked and came back to life.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Yes it still has to be recognized by Windows. Sorry I see he is having that problem.
      Whats wierd is the flash tool log shows it is flashing. So it makes me think the tool sees the device anyway. If he gets a green box on RKBtach tool then it is seeing it.

Again when I had that happen the RK29Android flash tool worked like his is showing but the device would not boot and in fact rebooted right back into flash mode. The tool would say RK29 device found again right after the flash and reboot. Much the same as he is describing. I thought the Tab was hosed and had to be sent back so just in case I decided to flash the stock ROM back using RKBatch tool. And low and behold it worked and came back to life.

Bob
      The log was from the flash of your 2.0 ROM, just to show it all went O.K. and there were no errors, the tablet then reset/rebooted, came up with new boot screen, and after several seconds said it was rebooting, it then stopped working from then on, and now I can no longer get it properly recognised by the PC. RK29update or RKBatchTool now don't see it, so I can't restore/update or re-flash.

I'm going to take it back to store tomorrow, to see what they can do and hopefully will get a replacement, or if they won't do anything I'll contact Arnova directly. If nothing happens I'll buy another in a few weeks and flash the 2.0 ROM on it then.

@Damo, no it hasn't put me off.

Comment

OK hold on.... it might be doing what the one I had was doing and by trying to go into flash mode your not getting there because it is already in flash mode!

Try this one more thing
        Have the tablet hooked up to power and USB.
        Have the RKBatch tool open
        box should not be green (if it is flash the stock update.img using the restore button)
        If box is not green just hit the reset pin hole. Do not hold any buttons. If it is stuck booting into flash mode, it should just reboot back into flash mode after hitting the reset pin hole. See if you then get a green box on the batch tool. Dont pay attention to what windows says. Just the tool green box.

This was the problem I was seeing. It was already rebooted into flash mode so if you did not notice it, trying to enter flasdh mode with the volume button puts it into a wierd recovery mode not flash mode.

Bob

Comment

When connecting the usb straight off, there's no 'beep' from windows and the device isn't recognised.

Nothing happens in RKBatchToo, no green box (stays grey), either straight after connecting usb, after reset pressed, reset held, I even tried power button for 10+ secs.

With reset held down, power held for 10+ secs or doing vol+ & reset, I do get the 'USB device not recognised', but as soon as i release reset/power button, the device disappears again.

Comment

Apk Injector

Hi, excellent work, many many many thanks...

only one question....

I can use apk injector for install all apps in the tablet ?

Thanks for all.

Freiserk.

Comment

Yes APP injector comes with the ROM. DId you read my instructions?

Gargoyle, sorry to hear man.... I have to agree with your findings at this point that NAND flash failed

Bob

Comment

All.... My instructions I hope are clear.

It is super IMPORTANT that you reboot after the first boot up after the ROM flash! This has always been the case all the way back to my 1.4 ROM.

So reminder:

REBOOT RIGHT AWAY AFTER FIRST FLASH OF 2.0 ROM!!!

Bob

Comment

Yes APP injector comes with the ROM. DId you read my instructions?
                  Bob
                  Only read for flash :P

Now install...

Thanks.

Comment

Gargoyle, sorry to hear man.... I have to agree with your findings at this point that NAND flash failed

Bob
                    Yes, back to store tomorrow.

Thanks to all who've tried to help, I'll now let this thread get back to the main topic.

Comment

Originally posted by freiserk View Post
                      Hi, excellent work, many many many thanks...

only one question....

I can use apk injector for install all apps in the tablet ?

Thanks for all.

Freiserk.
                      thanks for telling you like it

In fact you can make your own package.zip in order to restore apps later, but you have to do it yourself now, and it is not really a "user-friendly procedure". I'm working on integrating a "backup user apps" function for next version, so will be able to make a package.zip file including all user apps currently installed, and later install them all on an new rom.

The thread related to the app is here : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ctor-by-Petrus
                      It should be moved soon to the new App dedicated section of the site. I think you will find usefull information in it.

Comment

I will move the posts about the faulty tab you have into a new thread tonight when I get on my computer if you want Bob?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                        </form>

Comment

2.0 installed and working really well - having a bit of a hard time getting used to the new UI but it is splendid!
                          3G stick doesn't work but that was expected as it's based on the Philly ROM, everything else looking good so far.

Nice work all!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
                            2.0 installed and working really well - having a bit of a hard time getting used to the new UI but it is splendid!
                            3G stick doesn't work but that was expected as it's based on the Philly ROM, everything else looking good so far.

Nice work all!
                            OK thanks for letting me know. I will make a 2.0A ROM version with the old 10G2 kernel to fix you up. Stay tuned might be today.

As some point I have to figure out the differences and see if I can fix the 3G and openVPN stuff on the new kernel. But without having a 3G stick it maybe difficult.

Bob

Comment

Teething problems

Installed the rom last night with no problems at all, reset unit as instructed.

Boot time from start is now 25 seconds with quite a few apps loaded *Awesome*

Initially when Juice defender/Juice defender pro were installed the o/s claimed that they weren't!

After a reboot overnight all ok.

Transferred apps into different pages, all ok until wallpaper change, now all files apart from the original apps directory location still work, but do not show their respective icons, defaulting to android icon.

Flash Player 11 will install, but not work on my G2, audio but just a black screen

Other than that very happy with the rom.

Thank you again Bob for all your hard work
                              I used to long for an Ipad, but couldn't afford one.

Now I have an Arnova 10 G2, with Gingercomb V2.0 rom.

I am so glad I made the right choice.

Finless is my god

Comment

Hi Bob no install problems at all
                                We use bbc iplayer app but with flash 10.1 or 11 audio black screen....works fine using iplayer in stock browser
                                So no big deal really..really fast boot about 25 Secs which is great..was only about 30 with morka/finless...
                                So works great so far thanks Bob
                                Alan

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X