No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 MAX KitKat 4.4 stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem. I'm just trying to prevent any confusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Some bugs with this rom?

A question Rriley... Do you think that will be posible the new version 2.5 ? ( The last 2.4 was OP! but... i love too kitkat )

Rriley + kitkat = Best tablet EVER!

Comment

The last email I got from Pipo wasn't very encouraging with regard to future development of KitKat for their rk3188 line. As far as they are concerned, the experiment failed.

I'm still hoping they finish what they started.

Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          The last email I got from Pipo wasn't very encouraging with regard to future development of KitKat for their rk3188 line. As far as they are concerned, the experiment failed.

I'm still hoping they finish what they started.

best thing for them to do is let the community do the right things with their sources.
          they fail maybe because they miss some talented software artists we here and in other forums have and we are only waiting for those technical infos and drivers manufacturers have and sometimes are not able to transform into killer apps on their hardwares.if you are in touch with them, please suggest them to empower us, their loyal customers.

Comment

I offered to join their firmware testing team. They declined, because their firmware developers don't speak or read English. Oh well.......

Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Enough said !

There is a deadly roadblock, How can you imagine to handle android kernel and roms without reading and writing english ?
              pipo is a no go for me anymore, I do regret I have bet on this brand hoping they could emerge someday as a major player on the market.
              Shiny hardware specs are not all, being able to play the android game in first league with some openmindness and as a world citizen will be my driving criteria for my next chinese tablet, probably not from continental china anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                Enough said !

There is a deadly roadblock, How can you imagine to handle android kernel and roms without reading and writing english ?
                pipo is a no go for me anymore, I do regret I have bet on this brand hoping they could emerge someday as a major player on the market.
                Shiny hardware specs are not all, being able to play the android game in first league with some openmindness and as a world citizen will be my driving criteria for my next chinese tablet, probably not from continental china anymore.
                I agree whith you,but the issues with KitKat comes not only for PiPo,also Samsung is countering problems,i have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on KitKat ,no GPS issues but multiple apps dont work(like on windows) With Pipo you can go back with the flashtool but on Samsung it's impossible.
                For me KitKat is the most worse could happend to Android,complains all over.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  I offered to join their firmware testing team. They declined, because their firmware developers don't speak or read English. Oh well.......

Comment

Looks like end of line support for this tablet? Would have liked SDK2.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbottom View Post
                      Looks like end of line support for this tablet? Would have liked SDK2.
                      Feels like it... Except if an intelligent willing person comes that has the motivation to work on the available kernels and ROM, to make them more compatible, or maybe thats not even possible...
                      Eh, its a shame... :/

Comment

When I choice this tablet last year, I wondered this 4 core A9 would be a wise choice. Cheap, fast, modern. It will be popular, and supported well in the future. Look like I made mistake. There is no cianogen support. There is poor factory support. It is sad.
                        The google must do something, it is insane at 2014 there is android devices from 1.6 to 4.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunny View Post
                          When I choice this tablet last year, I wondered this 4 core A9 would be a wise choice. Cheap, fast, modern. It will be popular, and supported well in the future. Look like I made mistake. There is no cianogen support. There is poor factory support. It is sad.
                          The google must do something, it is insane at 2014 there is android devices from 1.6 to 4.4.
                          If you want to buy cheap ,there are consequenties to it. No more to say.
                          And what ? ciaogen support ? And google must do something?....

Comment

Do you really bealive they dont know english? I dont think so.

Comment

Well the unfortunate part with the cheaper technology is that it is much less supported, even if its good :/

The majority of People are scared to get something from China and they prefer to spend 5x times more for something that has a sticker of a known brand on it.. Thus the owners of chinese technology are much much less, so not much support :/

The good thing is though, that we still install the latest software available, and just modify it our self to make it look and work better...

After all, the difference between 4.2 and 4.4 is not so big... Its all about the number that we all get so excited...

Comment

Re : Pipo M9 MAX KitKat 4.4 stable

4.2 + Xposed + GravityBox = almost kitkat
                                Even I would prefer KK on my M9 ...but unfortunately I don't think it will be the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X