Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyzreg View Post
    This help me get it back to work!!!

But it still always only can work on 720p, when select 1080p, it will flesh.
    I have tried several 1080p kernel, but they all do not work.
    Does anyone find any 1080p kernel work on this clone?
    Try the solution in post #55 link. If that doesn't work, try a different tv.

Comment

Locked bootloader ?

Hi,
      I have the same device like in post #36, and I tested lots of custom roms(for example MK808B Finless 1.7 ROM,MK808B Sunvel Clone Finless 1.7 ROM,MK808B V1 Clone Finless 1.7, and many recovery.img images with linux kernel to get Ubuntu booting on my mk808B)
      Always I get not booting device ! Only one firmware which is working with my mk808B is orginal rom from post #43 .
      So when you're flashing custom firmware you're not changing anything in bootloader written by manufacturer to yor NAND(tell me if I am wrong)
      And only orginal rom is booting.

So Is it true that my mk808B has locked bootloader to get booting only the stock(orginal) firmware ?

Maybe it is possible to unlock the bootloader ?

Comment

I guess it does not boot because you flash the wrong loader. The loader in the roms is for the original mk808b. When you have your working stock rom flashed, flash finless 2.1 as usual, but unchecked the loader checkbox in the flash tool. This way your stock loader is not overwritten and your stick will probably boot. But because you have a different wireless chip, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will not work on finless 2.1.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, I downloaded finless 2.1 ROM from here.
          I tried:
          1. Firstly I flashed original rom(my mk808b booted and worked well). Then I erased NAND and flashed finless 2.1 rom with unchecked Loader box. My mk808b not booted.

2. Then I flashed original rom(my mk808b booted and worked well) Then I did NOT erased NAND and flashed finless 2.1 rom with unchecked Loader box. My mk808b not booted.

3. I erased NAND and flashed finless 2.1 rob with CHECKED Loader box(but i copied loader file from my original working rom and changed name of loader file in ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe). My mk808b still not booting.

I still think that my device has locked bootloader.
          Any other ideas to test if my device has locked bootloader ? Or any ideas why my device is booting only with original rom, and not booting linux recovery kernel ?
          thank for reply

Comment

Hello, I have the same device and I tryed to flash the finless 2.1 system.img and everything else from the stock firmware. It boots but wifi is not working

Originally posted by kola View Post
            Hi, I downloaded finless 2.1 ROM from here.
            I tried:
            1. Firstly I flashed original rom(my mk808b booted and worked well). Then I erased NAND and flashed finless 2.1 rom with unchecked Loader box. My mk808b not booted.

2. Then I flashed original rom(my mk808b booted and worked well) Then I did NOT erased NAND and flashed finless 2.1 rom with unchecked Loader box. My mk808b not booted.

3. I erased NAND and flashed finless 2.1 rob with CHECKED Loader box(but i copied loader file from my original working rom and changed name of loader file in ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe). My mk808b still not booting.

I still think that my device has locked bootloader.
            Any other ideas to test if my device has locked bootloader ? Or any ideas why my device is booting only with original rom, and not booting linux recovery kernel ?
            thank for reply

Comment

Locked bootloader ?

lucagiampaolo,
              I think that booting with system.img which comes from other rom, is not proving that this device has UNlocked bootloader ?
              I think that only boot.img or recovery.img must be signed from manufacturer to boot properly with locked bootloader. I think so because of the following sentence which comes from here
              A locked bootloader is one that will only boot an OS that it "approves" of. This may mean that device's boot partition has an approved digital signature, or the carrier ID (CID) hard-coded into the OS matches a value hard-coded into the bootloader itself.
              I think that only recovery.img and boot.img is a boot partition.

am I right ?

Comment

Issue with this clone flashing

I have the same device as on #36 and can't flash it.
                I press button and connect OTG cabel but the device turns off in 2 min.
                During this time I'm able to setup RKBatchTool driver and so on, but in 2 min Windows informs me that device disconnected.
                I tried with charger connected later, but no luck.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ignatenko.paul View Post
                  I have the same device as on #36 and can't flash it.
                  I press button and connect OTG cabel but the device turns off in 2 min.
                  During this time I'm able to setup RKBatchTool driver and so on, but in 2 min Windows informs me that device disconnected.
                  I tried with charger connected later, but no luck.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
                  Thanks
                  I remember that I have the same issue, and I think that rebooting is normal when you're doing nothing for 2 min with your mk808, chceck if you have installed properly drivers for you mk808 you should see "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb"

by the way I think that something is wrong about this type of mk808b from post #36, and I dont know exacly what is wrong, I suppose that it has locked botloader.
                  If you know or suppose what is wrong about this device please tell me.
                  Or if you know how to check if this device really has locked bootloader tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by kola View Post
                    I remember that I have the same issue, and I think that rebooting is normal when you're doing nothing for 2 min with your mk808, chceck if you have installed properly drivers for you mk808 you should see "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb"

by the way I think that something is wrong about this type of mk808b from post #36, and I dont know exacly what is wrong, I suppose that it has locked botloader.
                    If you know or suppose what is wrong about this device please tell me.
                    Or if you know how to check if this device really has locked bootloader tell me.
                    I used RKBatch Tool and this was recognized by windows after I've install drivers of RKBatch Tool.
                    I suppose that bootloader is locked. When I tried to start flashing it (during 2 min of online) I paid attention that image was not able to be downloaded to the device. Thus I put it in 'brick' state.

Do you have idea how can I unbrick the device or reset NAND. The device has Toshiba memory TC58TEG6DDJTA00.
                    Thanks

Comment

If it's bricked you should short 8th and 7th pin on nand but i dont remember, Instruction how to short this pins is avaiible on this forum.

Comment

VPN doesn't work (R-BOX version)

I've flashed my MK808B(Toshiba) device with image from post #36, but as well as this was just after purchasing this version (R-BOX) has no VPN functioning.
                        Could you suggest how to fix it?
                        Thanks

Comment

Can't flash it.

I HAVE THE SAME DEVICE AS ON #36 whit scandisk memory, and can't flash it.
                          Please help !!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by szov View Post
                            I HAVE THE SAME DEVICE AS ON #36 whit scandisk memory, and can't flash it.
                            Please help !!

Thanks
                            What's the exact problem? Is there an error message or something?

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                              What's the exact problem? Is there an error message or something?
                              So basically I can't get it into flash mode via the OTG power/pin in the hole method.
                              What i can do ?

Comment

seems like you have a defective device, If all else fails try this .. as a last resort ...

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1943-Unbrick-or-fix-NAND-on-the-MK808

Comment

Working...
                                X