Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom EKB311B, MT7601U Wifi ROM

Hi

I'm working on a custom ROM for EKB311B TV Box.
    The unit with Mediatek 7601U wifi, v2.0.

CPU: RK3188
    RAM: Samsung k4b4g1646b-hcko 2GB
    PMU: Active 8864QM
    Audio: Rockchip RK1000-S
    HDMI: ITE IJ66121FN
    Wifi: Mediatek MT7601UN
    Bluetooth: Mediatek MT6622
    Toshiba FK3394 chip
    Engraved onto board
    RK3188_BOX_V2.0
    2013-11-28
    Other people sorry you're out of luck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mo123 rom still in progress...

Any recommendations for themes, homescreen layout?
    Replaced the launcher and added shortcuts on homescreen

What cool apps can I include that's optimised for TV Boxes/tablets?
    More than 30 apps included

Overclocked kernel - With help from HardwareGuru

Increased user and system space

Build.prop Tweaks

Hide Bottom Bar

More/better remote support

Support for BBC Iplayer, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, Spotify etc
    Free and paid VPN, Paid VPN only $2 a month and can access all the above and more

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime you can use this excellent rom until I'm finished.
    Link to HardwareGuru modified rom
    Last edited by mo123; 03-10-2014, 19:05.

Did you it to boot using the boot.img and parameter file?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9105P met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HardwareGuru View Post
      Did you it to boot using the boot.img and parameter file?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9105P met Tapatalk
      Yes, but it still got into a boot loop.
      I don't know if it was perhaps something I changed in build.prop that made it unbootable?

Anyway I found another firmware that works better and hasn't given the boot loop problem yet.
      Here is a link - http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mggA2oS
      There is a firmware on enybox's website with the same file name but in a rar file, I tried that rom but it also gave the boot loop problem. This rom is not in a rar file and is the same size, for some reason it doesn't give the boot loop problem. Yeahhh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        Hi

I'm working on a custom ROM for EKB311B TV Box.
        The unit with Mediatek 7601U wifi, v2.0.
        Other people sorry you're out of luck.

What do you want included?
        Any recommendations for themes, homescreen layout?
        What cool apps can I include that's optimised for TV Boxes/tablets?
        (Of course it will include all the media apps)
        Some small games perhaps <10mb that work great with a Flymouse?

I can't do a lot since the stock firmware is terrible(never experienced so much trouble with a rom before).
        Hi mo123

Anything is better than stock so you decide

Looking forward to it

Thanks

Comment

If this firmware works:

Can you upload the fw somware downloading is posible lol.. damn i do not like baidu.
          I will add the preinstall script to your rom so you can preload it as user apps instead of system apps.
          Also i can patch the kernel for you.

Comment

If this firmware works:

Can you upload the fw somware downloading is posible lol.. damn i do not like baidu.
            I will add the preinstall script to your rom so you can preload it as user apps instead of system apps.
            Also i can patch the kernel for you.
            Hi

This firmware definitely works.
            Unfortunately my internet is very slow so can't upload it now.
            On baidu, you click on the second link at the top with down arrow and then select second button and it will download. I use IDM download manager to download 16 parts at a time.

I'm thinking of making a complete dump of my firmware so that the user apps, app settings and homescreen layout are all there when you install the rom.
            Will have to upload during the night since it will take a couple of hours.

I also looked at the new Q7 firmware from Geekbuying and the Mediatek wifi drivers are different sizes compared to this rom. So don't know if they will work better.
            The Q7 firmware also has libffmpeg improvements and libHEVC that is almost double in size and libffmpeg_on2.so and libffmpegvpu.so files so maybe video playback is better.
            It uses the same bluetooth drivers as the above rom, only wifi is realtek, so maybe it can be changed to use Mediatek wifi.

Comment

Well as i cant test due the lack of hardware available here I cant see what works or not.
              When you have a good working rom i can make some changes to it so you will have a proper base for a custom rom.
              Also i will tell you how to do some things to give you a head start

Just tell me wich one lol.. if needed i will download from baidu ..

Comment

Well as i cant test due the lack of hardware available here I cant see what works or not.
                When you have a good working rom i can make some changes to it so you will have a proper base for a custom rom.
                Also i will tell you how to do some things to give you a head start

Just tell me wich one lol.. if needed i will download from baidu ..
                You can install Jdownloader, it downloads from 500 file hosts. http://jdownloader.org/download/offline
                You just copy the baidu link and the app picks it up or you can past the link in the app and it automatically downloads it, just change Settings - Max chunks higher to 8 or 10 to download faster before you add the link.
                I will try to upload the stock rom from Baidu but it might take 1-2 hrs.

My modified rom is still on the TV Box, I need to change some things and then will upload it through the night, since it's going to be between 1-1.5GB as it's a complete dump even with empty space.

I would like to start from scratch also with a proper base to increase the speed and stability of the rom.
                Thanks

Comment

You can install Jdownloader, it downloads from 500 file hosts. http://jdownloader.org/download/offline
                  You just copy the baidu link and the app picks it up or you can past the link in the app and it automatically downloads it, just change Settings - Max chunks higher to 8 or 10 to download faster before you add the link.
                  I will try to upload the stock rom from Baidu but it might take 1-2 hrs.

My modified rom is still on the TV Box, I need to change some things and then will upload it through the night, since it's going to be between 1-1.5GB as it's a complete dump even with empty space.

I would like to start from scratch also with a proper base to increase the speed and stability of the rom.
                  Thanks
                  You need to download this firmware? I can give it to you at high speed

Comment

Link to working stock firmware

Also thanks to sopilka for his ftp link, but it doesn't work from my pc.

Comment

Link to working stock firmware

Also thanks to sopilka for his ftp link, but it doesn't work from my pc.
                      ok downloading.. so this is the one to work with?

Comment

ok downloading.. so this is the one to work with?
                        Yes
                        I'm also not sure about the chip inside EKB311B?
                        If I run the Rk3188 checker app posted somewhere in this forum, it says I have a RK3188 CPU not a RK3188T CPU but the max cpu frequency I can select in SetCPU is 1.4Ghz and if I overclock it with overclockomatic it says CPU 1.4Ghz but DDR can overclock to 667 correctly.
                        Is there a way to overclock it to 1.6Ghz? Maybe it's the slower chip and that's way lots of roms don't work?
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ht=#post147157 (RK3188 checker app)

Comment

ok mo.. working on the base
                          - moving the kernel out of boot and patch it a bit...
                          - making a userapp installer
                          - and uhhh....... whatever pops up

Comment

Ok Mo.. here you go

Kernel:
                            - vsync added
                            - CPU @ 1,6
                            - Ram @ 720
                            - GPU @ 600

Android ( boot/system)
                            - Moved the kernel outside the boot image, so it is now a seporate kernel.img.
                            - Added preinstaller, files in system/cuser will preinstall as user apps after first boot.

Did some other things.... so here is your basic rom

Tried running this rom on my Neo X7.. it playes 13GB/mkv/1080p from my USB drive verry smooth
                            (using MiniX XBMC beta2)

@Mo123: PM me if you need all files seporate.

Have fun

Comment

Ok Mo.. here you go

Kernel:
                              - vsync added
                              - CPU @ 1,6
                              - Ram @ 720
                              - GPU @ 600

Android ( boot/system)
                              - Moved the kernel outside the boot image, so it is now a seporate kernel.img.
                              - Added preinstaller, files in system/cuser will preinstall as user apps after first boot.

Did some other things.... so here is your basic rom

Tried running this rom on my Neo X7.. it playes 13GB/mkv/1080p from my USB drive verry smooth
                              (using MiniX XBMC beta2)

@Mo123: PM me if you need all files seporate.

Have fun
                              Hi friend. I tried your version. Unfortunately on the logo will not boot. Just unbootable Original. You could remake that I give you? link. Thanks

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X