X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
    Has anyone had the issue, flashing with the new kernel and t248 2.0 rom where if you use 4 or 6gb app space it just hangs on the boot logo.

Thanks
    Boot.img issue

Download from #203

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Was about to write the same.

Im testing the j22 Kernel with KK a928 Rom. After start i got a short blackscreen for 2 secs. Im not sure if its caused by the kernel or by the rom.
      cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
        Boot.img issue

Download from #203

I am using patched kernal from finless and still will not post with 4gb or 6gb app space but posts fine and works great using 2gb app space

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
          I am using patched kernal from finless and still will not post with 4gb or 6gb app space but posts fine and works great using 2gb app space
          Ask bob in ROM thread

Donate to Finless

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Every time I reboot or reflash my CX-919, I have to turn my TV off and on again before anything shows up on the screen. This didn't happen with the stock kernel, nor does it happen with the kernel from Finless 2.0.

I've tried the SD, HD, 1.8V, 3.3V, 3188 and 3188T versions of the kernel. They all work fine, except that the TV screen is black until I turn it off and on again.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Better yet, does anyone know how to fix it?

(I wonder if anyone is having this problem and believes their stick isn't booting at all).

Comment

Max One (or anyone else with some time) can you check this kernel out -> V2.03 & v2.04

If this tests okay I'll build and release

2.02 revert to single LCDC, , remove 1920x1080x24 support, remove tv encoder
              2.03 re-add 1920x1080x24 support, re-add tvencoder
              2.04 add Omegamoon RK1000 audio support
              Last edited by d33; 03-18-2014, 23:26.

Donate to Finless

Comment

1080p runs quite hot maybe dangerously so without decent cooling but this isn't really unexpected.

720p runs fine with normal heat.

Noticed a odd flicker once in awhile but this never happens during playback and seems to only happen when focusing on something but it happens so rare its barely noticed.

The sd version 2 runs fine on the mk802IV.
                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

v204 pushed to git repository

Just waiting for test - my results are positive-ish on CX921b

v2.04 has the following in DMESG:

<4>[ 1.469162] i2c-core: driver [RK1000_CODEC] using legacy suspend method
                  <4>[ 1.469209] i2c-core: driver [RK1000_CODEC] using legacy resume method
                  <3>[ 1.635865] RK1000_CODEC 0-0060: Failed to add route Left DAC->Left Mixer
                  <3>[ 1.632531] RK1000_CODEC 0-0060: i2c_transfer() returned -11
                  <3>[ 1.819921] RK1000_CODEC 0-0060: i2c_transfer() returned -11
                  <6>[ 1.825542] asoc: rk1000_codec <-> rk29_i2s.1 mapping ok
                  <4>[ 1.825959] audio_card_init end....
                  <6>[ 1.825987] ALSA device list:
                  <6>[ 1.826009] #0: RK29_RK1000

So getting closer but still no data transfer over 12C
                  Last edited by d33; 03-18-2014, 23:53.

Donate to Finless

Comment

2.04 has no wifi or sound. Bluetooth works okay. I don't have an Ethernet dongle until tomorrow to test with.

rk3188T MK908II from GB

EDIT: Scratch the sound part. Looks like my receiver was on the fritz!

EDIT2: Seems like V2 kernel_t_AP6210_SD_V2.img has some strange graphical flickering throughout the ROM. I don't see it when I was on stock 4.2.2 rom and firmware.
                    Last edited by noderat; 03-19-2014, 06:48.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

I do not use ethernet, so i dont know if it works. Made a quick check, both kernels (2.03 & 2.04) works nice so far.

I only have a blackscreen for about 2 sec after each start, i think its a rom thing. Im on a928 atm, will flash a new rom and report back.
                      cx-919ii

Comment

Max one do you have a stick or a tv box? BT works?

Donate to Finless

Comment

A tv stick. And yes BT works. Pairing with my n7100 Samrtphone works, sending a picture via bt works. Later i will try to pair it with my bt headphones. Need to charge it first.

Exactly the same as this 1 here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-dan-Vsync-Fix
                          Last edited by Max One; 03-19-2014, 09:40.
                          cx-919ii

Comment

Switch to new rom and same blackscreen issue with t428 rom.
                            Dee, do u have the same problem as me? Or is my problem unique
                            cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                              Switch to new rom and same blackscreen issue with t428 rom.
                              Dee, do u have the same problem as me? Or is my problem unique
                              I did notice that upon first boot I had a black screen and my TV reported what would normally be a resolution change. I'm going to do a little more testing with mine and edit this post with results.

EDIT:
                              I'm using kernel_t_AP6210_SD_V2.img, and after I get to the home screen on finless a928 kitkat my screen does go black for 2 seconds and comes back. Also earlier noted visual distortions seems to be minimized going from CX-919 kitkat to a928 kitkat build.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

No Audio

I'm using kernel_t_AP6210_SD_V2.img and there is no audio using a928 kitkat build on my MK908ii. I'll flash 2.03 and 2.04 (no wifi or bt on these though) and see if those help the situation any and report back.

EDIT: It appears I got it working after I adjusted the audio down and back up again. HD kernel however has terrible visual artifacts and Settings crashes when I select HDMI from the list and continues to have no sound.

EDIT2: It seems getting sound to work is mixed with this combo. I flashed back from HD to SD and now I can't get sound to work for the life of me without wiping /data. This may be a rom issue but didn't present itself until I started using these kernels. I'm going to pull the kernel source tomorrow night and build my own 2.04 T kernel that's compatible with mk908ii if there isn't already one posted here by then (a lot seems to be happening in this thread I imagine in 20hrs it'll be here already).
                                Last edited by noderat; 03-19-2014, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X