X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
    The tests I've done includes leaving the stick on for days (~72h is the longest I've tested so far) since I want make sure it always stays on. When leaving it on lockscreen the stick goes in standby within in a minute or so (showing 'no signal'), then I wake it by moving the cursor or a key stroke. In other words, you should be able to get signal back after idle.
    I've tried that and mine doesn't wake up after clicking buttons on the air mouse or after waving it. I guess it differs per device? I have a tronsmart a928. What do you have?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
      Maybe we could throw together a wiki or find one that we could update with all this info on kernels/hardware mods for the different TV sticks and boxes.
      Yes, I agree and should be device specific so everyone knows, what combination works and what doesn't.
      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

As mentioned on another thread I've bricked my TV Box playing with the new Rockchip official ROM and can't revive it until I get home.

In the meantime these where my latest test builds
        Last edited by d33; 04-02-2014, 20:21.
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by peekeesh View Post
          I've tried that and mine doesn't wake up after clicking buttons on the air mouse or after waving it. I guess it differs per device? I have a tronsmart a928. What do you have?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
          I guess you and me have CX 919 II while jacobsson has CX 919. That might be the difference since D33 might have different voltages for this variant.

On a side note, I have noticed that my stick does get hot when playing 1080p even when using "kernel_AP6210-J22_HD_v300_cpustock_gpustock_ddrstock".

So question is, do these set of HD kernels necessitate an external fan to be used always? (I do not have one yet.)
          Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
            The link does not seem to work. This build bricked your box?

Also, I cannot find the "310a" builds that Max One/rooii have tried. Did you remove that build?
            Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

As mentioned on another thread I've bricked my TV Box playing with the new Rockchip official ROM and can't revive it until I get home.

d33 mate, can u upload it again? The link isn't working. Thx
              cx-919ii

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Needs .zip on end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                  The link does not seem to work. This build bricked your box?

Also, I cannot find the "310a" builds that Max One/rooii have tried. Did you remove that build?
                  Rom bricked it not kernel

Yes removed

Donate to Finless

Comment

Needs .zip on end

Adding .zip at the end of the link worked, thx. I'm gonna test it later
                    cx-919ii

Comment

Rom bricked it not kernel
                      Thanks, will test this tonight.
                      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Still reboot problems. After flashing the kernel 1st time it wont boot as it normally should. If i flash it again or plug the usb cable in and out more times it will boot.
                        cx-919ii

Comment

Hi d33,
                          As I promised yesterday concerning swithcing between LAN and wifi using V3.11a...
                          Both LAN and wifi work great separately.
                          I checked it with a928_4.4.2_kk_finless20 ROM with your kernel_RTL8188_HD_v311a.
                          This combination works more correctly in compare with that I tried before with another KK 4.4.2.
                          But what I noticed is:
                          1)Initially, I have LAN switched ON(with icon showed) in settings and wifi switched OFF, then I switch ON wifi, system shows me wifi icon and connecting>obtaining IP address>disabled -it's correct(LAN remains to be working). Then I remove ethernet cable from socket and connect it again. LAN doesn't appear and system says Unconnected, but it must switch OFF wifi and switch ON LAN in case it works properly.
                          2)Initially, I have LAN switched ON(with icon showed) in settings and wifi switched OFF, then I switch ON wifi, system shows me wifi icon and connecting>obtaining IP address>disabled -it's correct(LAN remains to be working). Then I reboot device and system shows me wifi icon only, wifi is Searching for network but can't find it, there is no LAN icon and system says that LAN is Unconnected. But LAN should have been working and wifi must be disabled(because LAN has main priority).

Another thing were noticed...
                          When I turn on Power button, system boots, shows me your bootanimation not in the center but left up side..Finless' screen..initial android screen, but screen size is smaller(there is black frame around the screen), in about one minute image takes correct size. During this "adjusting" time sound doesn't work.
                          And last a little bit more important...
                          When device works and I disconnect HDMI cable from TV, the Power LED changes from blue to red. Then I connect cable to TV, the Power LED becomes blue, but there is no TV signal. Reboot helps only.
                          When device works and I press Power button,the Power LED changes from blue to red, TV screen becomes black. Then I press Power button,LED becomes blue, but TV signal doesn't appear.

These were negative details I could find so far, but for now kernel works great and it's stable with my board revision and the most important fact is YOU OVERTHREW 3188T!!!
                          CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                          CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                          K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

I'm drawing a close to this development. These were beta sources and flawed. With the help of Wasser and others I've been able to get them nearly right.

I don't think there's much more to get out of this, let's see what happens next

Donate to Finless

Comment

I'm drawing a close to this development. These were beta sources and flawed. With the help of Wasser and others I've been able to get them nearly right.

I don't think there's much more to get out of this, let's see what happens next
                              I understand you concrening beta sources.
                              Do you think that it's impossible to overcome HDMI signal lossing when divice wakes up after sleeping?
                              CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                              CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                              K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                                I understand you concrening beta sources.
                                Do you think that it's impossible to overcome HDMI signal lossing when divice wakes up after sleeping?
                                Sorry if you covered this but I guess you already tested another display/screen to rule out the fact that your screen might be the problem? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X