X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noderat View Post
    I have a popcorn machine.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    When you say you have a popcorn machine do you mean :

Popcorn device to see movies, or a real popcorn to make popcorn

I love my c-200 to see all the hd stuff without a glicht and linux inside that beast taking kare of 10 TB of HD content...
    I help with 4GD663269M466950W
    And you ????
    --
    My devices:
    Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
    Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

AW: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by Max One View Post
      Check this thread. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-dan-Vsync-Fix

Instead of this script overclockomatic3188 from the thread above (its for JB),
      u have to use this KK Overclockomatic Script from the 2nd post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post154214.

No need to that vsyncfixomatic, d33 did it already in his kernels.

GGL & hf.
      Thx a lot !

OnTheRoad

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by billgatos View Post
        When you say you have a popcorn machine do you mean :

Popcorn device to see movies, or a real popcorn to make popcorn

I love my c-200 to see all the hd stuff without a glicht and linux inside that beast taking kare of 10 TB of HD content...
        Well now that you mention it, actually both. I also have theatre lighting and stage seating with "thumpers" in addition to sub's (like a solenoid but for the home theatre's seating)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
          Thank you D33. Since I have sufficient cooling heat is not an issue (it is definitely an issue w/o). I didn't expect linear gain, I'm more interested to see if I am over taxing my hardware w/o realizing it.
          I was thinking you were also curious to see what performance we could get from the little guy.
          Anyway, if there are any tests you'd like me to perform I'm up for it!
          Overclocking does not scale to the percentage.

So a 10% overclock does not mean an increase of 10%, it may be around 8%.

However at a certain peak diminishing returns start to come into effect, so overclocking 10% may see a 8% increase, but overclocking to 20% may only see a 12% increase to performance. The added heat, power consumption and chip degradation will certainly kill your device quicker for 4% more speed. It matters not how well you cool the device, you are pushing more volts through it to achieve that speed.

Suffice to say, anything that can't be played on 1.8ghz/600mhz/720mhz will not playable by anyone with an rk3188. It was highly important to get the GPU and DDR up for media performance as the stock T kernel runs worse then the old overclocked rk3066 does, and thanks to some very clever people that has happened. I have mentioned before, GPU is the huge bottleneck of these devices, even if you got the CPU to 4ghz stuff would still run like trash due to the GPU, and after 600mhz it barely makes a difference.

Although it seems too late for you, I really don't see the point in cooling the device, loosing any type of resell value for such a incremental increase in performance.

Edit: Would also like to point out that benchmarking software is BS.

rk3066 on Antutu: 1000ish
          rk3188 (stock T) on Antutu: 1800ish

Yet...

rk3066 XBMC gui speed: 60fps
          rk3188 (stock T) XBMC gui speed: 45fps

Do not base results of how quick your device is on benchmarks.
          Currently Using:
          2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
          Retired Devices:
          MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

hi all,
            great work d33.
            i have mk802iv, i tried neomodes kitkat rom with your ap6210 kernel 3.0 for t cpu version and i can't even get to boot. it doesn't open display at all. i can use only v2.0 kernels even oced but i have the freaky limitations for ram and cpu. any ideas?
            does anyone else have this problem with mk802iv?
            thanks in advance!
            if you could find a fix i would be grateful to you.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
              Here's the full suite compressed up and ready for everybody. Interestingly enough they are actually smaller than d33's original zip (thank goodness for 7zip). Big thanks to d33 for his amazing work!

I installed the 1608/798/667 kernel for AP6210 "T" models. While the stick ran wonderfully, it got very hot during video playback. I would have liked to try a slower GPU speed, but this package only offers the option to go either stock or 798Mhz.

noderat, could you please offer a couple of 600Mhz GPU kernels? I would love a kernel set for 1608/600/720 like finless recommended, but anything with a GPU speed of 600Mhz would be fine.

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Stock is 600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
                  rk3066 on Antutu: 1000ish
                  rk3188 (stock T) on Antutu: 1800ish

Yet...

rk3066 XBMC gui speed: 60fps
                  rk3188 (stock T) XBMC gui speed: 45fps

Do not base results of how quick your device is on benchmarks.
                  Thanks you ididmytime.

"Although it seems too late for you, I really don't see the point in cooling the device"
                  My interpretation of what you're saying is that you don't see the point of increasing performance in such extent that a fan would be required? (since it would overheat otherwise).

I noticed ~85 fps GUI speed in xbmc (thought I was locked to 60 by default?) so my OC seems to give some nice 'real life performance'.
                  Since my project aim is to make a small emulator stick for systems like dc/n64/psx via xbmc (using rom collection browser) every performance increase counts. I do understand that most of you consider the life length as the more important factor, which of course is very understandable.

So if anyone have other ways of measuring quality performance I'm all ears!
                  Last edited by jacobsson; 04-07-2014, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
                    Thanks you ididmytime.

"Although it seems too late for you, I really don't see the point in cooling the device"
                    My interpretation of what you're saying is that you don't see the point of increasing performance in such extent that a fan would be required? (since it would overheat otherwise).

I noticed ~85 fps GUI speed in xbmc (thought I was locked to 60 by default?) so my OC seems to give some nice 'real life performance'.
                    Since my project aim is to make a small emulator stick for systems like dc/n64/psx via xbmc (using rom collection browser) every performance increase counts. I do understand that most of you consider the life length as the more important factor, which of course is very understandable.

So if anyone have other ways of measuring quality performance I'm all ears!
                    It depends on the distro of XBMC, 85fps is pretty good, the highest I have seen with mine is around 75ish, so you are scoring around 12% higher. The fan point I made is simply because I don't think it's worth 12%, but we are all different. Would be interesting to try the Ice Storm Extreme Benchmark, my old mk808 (same GPU) scored 7.3fps and 9.1fps. The rk3188 is now clocked higher but I don't think anybody will hit 15fps for either test.

In terms of emulation, it shouldn't have too much of an issue apart from Dreamcast/Dos/PSP as I was running everything on an old Galaxy S2 and that was underclocked to around 1ghz.
                    Last edited by ididmytime; 04-07-2014, 22:21.
                    Currently Using:
                    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                    Retired Devices:
                    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                      Stock is 600

Are you sure GPU Stock is not 400Mhz? That's what appears on finless' old OC kernels.

Comment

mk908 v5

Hi all, hi d33,
                        I have mk908 v5 device with AP6210 WiFi and RK3188-T processor but I can't get working any of d33's kernels. Tried to flash AP6210 for T processors and AP6210-alt for T processors but the device doesn't load, I can't see even boot splash. Also the led on stick doesn't work.
                        Is there any way to get a working kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
                          ...Would be interesting to try the Ice Storm Extreme Benchmark, my old mk808 (same GPU) scored 7.3fps and 9.1fps. The rk3188 is now clocked higher but I don't think anybody will hit 15fps for either test.

In terms of emulation, it shouldn't have too much of an issue apart from Dreamcast/Dos/PSP as I was running everything on an old Galaxy S2 and that was underclocked to around 1ghz.
                          I'll make an Ice Storm Extreme bench tonight and post for you, thanks for the numbers!
                          About Dreamcast, or Reicast as the undisputed emulator is called, there are actually a few titles (that I've tested so far) that runs pretty smoothly now with OC: Soul calibur and virtua Athlete 2K, and the emulator is only in its alpha stage so it looks promising.
                          PSP (PPSSPP) runs really good for me, only tested a few titles such as Valhalla Knights 2, to be honest I don't like the console at all so this is just for test and will be removed later on. N64, no problem at all (except for that Conker's Bad Fur Day game :S)!

Comment

Originally posted by Zonk View Post
                            Are you sure GPU Stock is not 400Mhz? That's what appears on finless' old OC kernels.
                            The GPU freq is locked for T's at 44x Mhz in all kernels except D33's v3xx kernels, with them it defaults to 600 Mhz.

Regards

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by Zonk View Post
                              :grin: quite sure. I coded it!

Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

mk908 v5:
                                kernel version 3.1 AP6210-alt - only can see Google TV logo and nothing more
                                kernel version 3.0 AP6210-Alt - black screen on HDMI

Comment

Working...
                                X