Clear All

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    Re-built and re-uploaded
    Thx a lot. Works like a charm.
    cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
      Thx a lot. Works like a charm.
      Ok the wifi of the fixed 4.2 kernel works now like a charm but the reboot issue is back. The first released 4.2 kernel for Tv Sticks doesnt have the reboot issue. Ive tested the 1st released kernel and the fixed some min ago and they are different. The fixed 4.2 Kernel will not reboot immediately.

Sry D33, we need another fixed kernel, please.

Btw same reboot issue on both kernels SD and HD.

Back on Kernel 4.1 for now.

Thx in advance.

Max1
      cx-919ii

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by Max One View Post
        Ok the wifi of the fixed 4.2 kernel works now like a charm but the reboot issue is back. The first released 4.2 kernel for Tv Sticks doesnt have the reboot issue. Ive tested the 1st released kernel and the fixed some min ago and they are different. The fixed 4.2 Kernel will not reboot immediately.

Sry D33, we need another fixed kernel, please.

Btw same reboot issue on both kernels SD and HD.

Back on Kernel 4.1 for now.

Thx in advance.

Max1
        Same code, same config. No idea?

Re download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          Hi d33,
          Any chance to have V4.2 RTL8188 VMAC HD kernel for boxes?
          Thanks
          When I addVMAC it fails to boot. When I amend the code it screws up the GPLL clock.

It needs more time than I have. Leolas may have solved.

Donate to Finless

Comment

When I addVMAC it fails to boot. When I amend the code it screws up the GPLL clock.

It needs more time than I have. Leolas may have solved.

I understand that it is not too easy for V4.2 fixing.
            I would be happy to use your beautiful 4.0 VMAC kernel, if it didn't have problem with losing Ethernet connection after waking up from slipping mode. Difficulty with boot isn't the first problem(power consumtion is low enough so as to think about power economy, I hope GreenPeace forgives me
            I had already asked Leolas but their Nitro team doesn't have compatible hardware to test, so he refused me.
            Don't worry, please. You already did a lot for me and I'm so grateful to you.
            I'm shure you'll be visited by some bright idea once when you have more time.
            Thanks and have a nice evening
            CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

USB Cam support?

Hi d33,

Thanks for your work on these kernels. Just have one quick question for you, do any of these kernels have USB cam support?

My TV STick is AP6210 Alt (J22/GM282/CX-919ii) and I am running official kitkat rom 20140403 with a Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro (V-UAR38) usb cam. The audio input from the cam built-in mic works fine in skype, but the image/video is very DARK or useless in Skype. Seems like Auto White Balance not working, and I assume that's the driver built-in Kernel that needs to be fixed?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated!!!

The following are kernels built against Rockchip sources provided to Freaktab on condition we don't publish (sorry!). These are intended to be used with the recent release of "official" ROMS (April 2014 onward) not beta ROMs (use v2.x/3.x for these)

Version 4.2
              • TV Boxes - RK1000 support (Audio codec & TV out) / Dual lcdc
              • TV Sticks - No codec / Single lcdc
              • HD resolution (1920x1080)
              • SD resolution (1280x720)
              • Single kernel for all SOCs (this is overclock for RK3188T)
              • CPU: 1.6 GHZ, GPU: 600 MHz, DDR: 720 MHz
              • Increased PLL stability over v4.1
              • Boots properly on MK902/CS968 models
              TV Box pack (AP6210/AP6330/RTL8188 (no VMAC yet)
              TV Stick pack (AP6210/AP6210-alt/AP6330/RTL8188)

Version 4.1
              • TV Boxes - RK1000 support (Audio codec & TV out) / Dual lcdc
              • TV Sticks - No codec / Single lcdc
              • HD resolution (1920x1080)
              • SD resolution (1280x720)
              • Single kernel for all SOCs (this is overclock for RK3188T)
              • CPU: 1.6 GHZ, GPU: 600 MHz, DDR: 720 MHz
              • Increased stability over v4.0
              TV Box pack (AP6210/AP6330/RTL8188 (VMAC/EXT)/MT7601)
              TV Stick pack (AP6210/AP6210-alt/AP6330)

Version 4.0

AP6210/AP6330/RTL8188(VMAC)
              --> TV Boxes (HD)
              AP210/AP6210-alt/AP6330 --> TV Stick (HD)

AP6210/AP6330/MK7601/RTL8188(VMAC) --> TV Boxes (SD)
              AP210/AP6210-alt/AP6330 --> TV Stick (SD)

If you want higher overclocked kernels Noderat has kindly uploaded here
              ================================================== =====

Older Kernels created from the "BETA" Sources (January 2014) for use only with the 'Beta' ROMS prior to April 2014

I've taken the stock source, which has code to switch between T and non-T CPUs and converted it to make two dedicated kernels. Github here

Version 3.1
              • RK1000 Audio support fixed
              • RK100 TV out support added
              • GPU overide for T kernels now possible (450 limit removed)
              • DDR override fixed (PLL limit to 445 removed)
              TV Boxes

AP6210

AP6210-alt
              (Alternative pinout)
              AP6330
              RTL8188 (3.11a)

MT7601 (wifi only) test

TV Sticks

AP6210

AP6210-Alt (Alternative pinouts for some models like CX919-II, J22)
              AP6330
              RTL8188EU

NODERAT has been a superstar and generated a massive number of overclocking variants for all these core kernel builds -> see here

Comment

Originally posted by tomguide View Post
                Hi d33,

Thanks for your work on these kernels. Just have one quick question for you, do any of these kernels have USB cam support?

My TV STick is AP6210 Alt (J22/GM282/CX-919ii) and I am running official kitkat rom 20140403 with a Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro (V-UAR38) usb cam. The audio input from the cam built-in mic works fine in skype, but the image/video is very DARK or useless in Skype. Seems like Auto White Balance not working, and I assume that's the driver built-in Kernel that needs to be fixed?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated!!!
                Kernel has AvC webcam support but dark video a known bug

Donate to Finless

Comment

Same code, same config. No idea?

Re download?

What do u mean with "Re download"?
                  cx-919ii

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, now I know it's not about specific Cam, but the kernel driver general support itself is buggy.

Is this thing fixable by Dev or it has to be fixed by Rockchip since they have the source code and it's not open to public?

Thanks!
                    Kernel has AvC webcam support but dark video a known bug

Comment

CR11S AP6210 5Mpx Camera - Reebot/Restart

I tried to install the newest stockrom from Cloudnet 20140526 KitKat and then flash one of the kernels here for TK3188 AP6210 HD, The box gets into a loop and resets itself. Sometimes the boot goes on to the homescreen and restart and sometimes during the bootup.
                      Are theese Kernels not for my Box?

Thanks for the confirmation, now I know it's not about specific Cam, but the kernel driver general support itself is buggy.

Is this thing fixable by Dev or it has to be fixed by Rockchip since they have the source code and it's not open to public?

Thanks!
                      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                      CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Thanks!
                        According to the manual over 200 cameras are compatible with Rockchip RK3188 devices.
                        You can also change the sensitivity and whiteness level among other things, but it's extremely complicated and in Chinese.
                        If anyone wants more information I can send the file if you are a kernel developer.

Comment

No matter what I do the CPU is still 312 - 1412 ?

I think I am going crazy in trying to overclock my KitKat Stockrom 20140526 CR11S AP6210.
                          Everything seems to go well and your Kitkat modified perlscript, I even got more Tables when i run your script, with the other script I didnt get the tables of DDR memory.
                          But when I path the kernel with the outcoming files, NOTHING happens, everything is reset to normal, all Cpu values are still the same. 312-1412 Ghz , I thought this patch and script should do it with the KitKat Roms, Why doesn it work. I tried Quickshot Rom 3.1 and then i get overclocked CPU, but why doesnt this do it? Even if I have a RK3188T chip, this would do it, right?
                          PLease help me with this, my wife is going to throw me out soon if she see more reboot and patching

To vary the T kernels for those that want to push to find their highest possible CPU potential you can can use the amended "Overclockomatic" perl script created by PHJAnderson. I've made a small alteration to make it compatible with KK.

KK Overclockomatic Script
                          CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                          HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                            I think I am going crazy in trying to overclock my KitKat Stockrom 20140526 CR11S AP6210.
                            Everything seems to go well and your Kitkat modified perlscript, I even got more Tables when i run your script, with the other script I didnt get the tables of DDR memory.
                            But when I path the kernel with the outcoming files, NOTHING happens, everything is reset to normal, all Cpu values are still the same. 312-1412 Ghz , I thought this patch and script should do it with the KitKat Roms, Why doesn it work. I tried Quickshot Rom 3.1 and then i get overclocked CPU, but why doesnt this do it? Even if I have a RK3188T chip, this would do it, right?
                            PLease help me with this, my wife is going to throw me out soon if she see more reboot and patching
                            Don't waste your time with trying to overclock stock KitKat kernel using modified by d33 Perl script. If you read whole this thread you'd understand that it is possible for d33's kernels only. His kernels have modified "override" code, but stock ones don't.
                            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Thanks for your answer, I actually read almost the whole thread after i posted the question. But I tried to patch d33's kernel for RK3188 Ap6210 4.2 but i got into a unstable mode, the box rebooted sometimes on startup and sometimes when started up, no pattern?
                              Which kernel should I use for the CR11S stock rom?
                              I have a 5mpx camera.
                              All the posts where I found interesting links to roms to try out is no longer active?
                              I cant find any kernels for rk3188T models that are mentioned in this thread.
                              So IMHO its not that easy to follow up a thread with this many posts and try to understand and learn while you reading. :-)

CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                              HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                                Thanks for your answer, I actually read almost the whole thread after i posted the question. But I tried to patch d33's kernel for RK3188 Ap6210 4.2 but i got into a unstable mode, the box rebooted sometimes on startup and sometimes when started up, no pattern?
                                Which kernel should I use for the CR11S stock rom?
                                I have a 5mpx camera.
                                All the posts where I found interesting links to roms to try out is no longer active?
                                I cant find any kernels for rk3188T models that are mentioned in this thread.
                                So IMHO its not that easy to follow up a thread with this many posts and try to understand and learn while you reading. :-)

Sorry friend but a can't remember any post here within this thread where your device was mentioned.
                                What I can tell you is that all kernels here are compliled by d33 for 3188T devices but not for 3188.
                                Concerning the removed links I think these kernels inside the thread were removed by d33 bacause they were uploaded by him for testing purpose only before he releases some stable version.
                                I use 1704/798/800 OCed V4.0 kernel for my device and it has good stability, but some people here noticed that some definite 3188T chips hate GPU overclocking. So if you have 3188T onboard, try to test OC kernel where GPU clock is not higher than 600. Probably it'll solve your problem with rebooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X