Anyone playing with one of these? [FVIEW U2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone playing with one of these? [FVIEW U2]

EU FVIEW U2 Android 4.2 RK3188T Google TV Player w/ 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM, BT, 2.0MP Cam, MIC, Antenna

Sales:

Bootlog:

I bought one of those. Currently I didn't even rooted this box. I would assume that one of the usb ports is a "hidden" otg port?

regards
    Sven

Comment

Photos of the inside

I took some photos of the board: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7vVtvjgtKo6ME5nc1ZZLUZ5T2c

Are there any roms for the device?

Comment

Originally posted by Dbarciela View Post
        I took some photos of the board: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7vVtvjgtKo6ME5nc1ZZLUZ5T2c

Are there any roms for the device?
        Ive been looking for a custom ROM. OpenElec or Linux for this too can't find anything

Comment

Originally posted by Blindseyed View Post
          Ive been looking for a custom ROM. OpenElec or Linux for this too can't find anything
          Is it possible you could dump your rom for me? I tried a custom rom for other device. It seems every thing is fine except wifi, bluetooth, lan and remote. After that I notice I lost my original rom...

Comment

Originally posted by leoncoolmoon View Post
            Is it possible you could dump your rom for me? I tried a custom rom for other device. It seems every thing is fine except wifi, bluetooth, lan and remote. After that I notice I lost my original rom...
            hi leoncoolmoon, i have bought one in BIC, but mine comes with RK3188 (1.6GHz model without T) if you model is also a RK3188 (not a RK3188T) you may attempting to start in Flashmode and flash these dumps i took of mine. i upload here for spanish forum
            if you need links, pm
            but nobody could prove it to work, everyone has come with RK3188T.
            will not need user.img or userdata.img, in that url also you will find the config.cfg for RKTOOL with correct memory addresses taken from parameter.txt, if you download from there the rktool has already the default config.cfg.
            if soc version you have is the RK3188T (with T, 1.4ghz) i think not be able starting in Flashmode to try to flash. if you have RK3188T and get flashmode please post how did.
            please comment with outcome

i hope helped you
            Last edited by peyoker; 12-12-2014, 14:03. Reason: remove links
            howgh

Comment

Originally posted by peyoker View Post
              hi leoncoolmoon, i have bought one in BIC, but mine comes with RK3188 (1.6GHz model without T) if you model is also a RK3188 (not a RK3188T) you may attempting to start in Flashmode and flash these dumps i took of mine. i upload here for spanish forum but nobody could prove it to work, everyone has come with RK3188T.
              will not need user.img or userdata.img, in that url also you will find the config.cfg for RKTOOL with correct memory addresses taken from parameter.txt, if you download from there the rktool has already the default config.cfg.
              if soc version you have is the RK3188T (with T, 1.4ghz) i think not be able starting in Flashmode to try to flash. if you have RK3188T and get flashmode please post how did.
              please comment with outcome

i hope helped you
              I just downloaded and flashed all the img files and the parameter.txt file.
              There are good and bad news.
              Good ones are now I can boot into recovery mode and use the IR remote.
              The bad news is, it seems not be able to start. It stuck in the "Dinghan Innorvation" page.
              Overall, it is a progress.

I guess this means some part of the img is working well.

PS: I tried to email sales of the first view manufactory lask week. They confirmed that this device is their OEM product. However, when I reply back to ask them if they can provide the original firmware. They didn't respond to me anymore.

Comment

I just downloaded and flashed all the img files and the parameter.txt file.
                There are good and bad news.
                Good ones are now I can boot into recovery mode and use the IR remote.
                The bad news is, it seems not be able to start. It stuck in the "Dinghan Innorvation" page.
                Overall, it is a progress.

I guess this means some part of the img is working well.

PS: I tried to email sales of the first view manufactory lask week. They confirmed that this device is their OEM product. However, when I reply back to ask them if they can provide the original firmware. They didn't respond to me anymore.
                I'm glad you've taken a step forward
                you have flashed with configXX.cfg or the RKtool i uploaded? or another?
                it but perhaps the problem is there, i uploaded the config.cfg are based on the parameter.txt.

i think the parameter.txt be like a partition table, if you flashed the parameter.txt also may perhaps will need to rewrite all partitions of the nand, including user.img and userdata.img
                i uploaded these img to the address above (one is compressed in rar), you can try to download and try flash
                but you must be sure to use the uploaded configXXX.cfg (rename to config.cfg) and rktool 1.37
                if you want can you download both here (9.Xmb, include drivers)
                if you need link, pm

otherwise, you could confirm if your box has rk3188 or rk3188T?

i not know too much and speak English poorly, but try to help as can
                Last edited by peyoker; 12-12-2014, 14:03. Reason: remove links
                howgh

Comment

No image output from fview u2 android tv boc

it but perhaps the problem is there, i uploaded the config.cfg are based on the parameter.txt.

i think the parameter.txt be like a partition table, if you flashed the parameter.txt also may perhaps will need to rewrite all partitions of the nand, including user.img and userdata.img
                  i uploaded these img to the address above (one is compressed in rar), you can try to download and try flash
                  but you must be sure to use the uploaded configXXX.cfg (rename to config.cfg) and rktool 1.37

Can anybody help me with my new Fview U2 android box. I received this week but unfortunately when I try to switch it on the blue power led switches on and then after a few seconds it goes off. No picture is displayed on the TV. Does anyone have any clue of what may be the problem. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by peterborg2 View Post
                    Can anybody help me with my new Fview U2 android box. I received this week but unfortunately when I try to switch it on the blue power led switches on and then after a few seconds it goes off. No picture is displayed on the TV. Does anyone have any clue of what may be the problem. Thanks
                    hi peter, try this: unplug power cable for a one minute from tv box side, after a minute you can connect and push power button.
                    if you shut down from a IR remote, will need do so.
                    howgh

Comment

Are you talking about the rK tool that you use when the box is plugged into the PC? This box uses the toothpick method sorry I'm just trying to understand all the tech talk lol
                      I'm wondering if your new idea works tho sounds like another step forward

Comment

Originally posted by Blindseyed View Post
                        Are you talking about the rK tool that you use when the box is plugged into the PC? This box uses the toothpick method sorry I'm just trying to understand all the tech talk lol
                        I'm wondering if your new idea works tho sounds like another step forward
                        hi, yes, i say "rktool" but really is "rk android tool".
                        for use "rk android tool" (pc application) you need start tvbox in flashmode (with toothpick method).

without power cable, first connect from OTG port to pc ( install drivers before, i think dont work in windows 8-8.1), next with toothpick push the "recover" button in rear, and then connect the power cable. the screen is always off, but "rktool" or "rk android tool" will show "found".
                        but with rk3188T i think won't boot flasmode
                        i hope you understand me
                        howgh

Comment

I think my TVbox comes with rk3188. I bought it in Buyincoins website.
                          I just downloaded user.img and userdata.img. However, the user.img.rar file seems to have some problem. It can not be opened by winrar.

Comment

I think my TVbox comes with rk3188. I bought it in Buyincoins website.
                            I just downloaded user.img and userdata.img. However, the user.img.rar file seems to have some problem. It can not be opened by winrar.

i did compressed with RAR5. you have winrar updated?
                            i now redownloading for check.

edit:, i unrar successfully with winrar 5.10
                            edit2: i reuploading in .zip, take two or three hours.
                            Last edited by peyoker; 12-11-2014, 10:54.
                            howgh

Comment

i did compressed with RAR5. you have winrar updated?
                              i now redownloading for check.
                              My rar is old version. I just updated to rar 5.2 and the file is ok now.

Comment

Working...
                              X