No announcement yet.

NextBook 7P1N w/ ICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, I purchased these strange models from 1-day as well, it is great to be able to get gplay on it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jfanning View Post
      Thanks guys, I purchased these strange models from 1-day as well, it is great to be able to get gplay on it.

Thanks
      Did you get ripped off like I did? Brought it for $200 NZD and after two weeks I received it in the mail, went onto 1-day to see that they had it on again but this time for $100 NZD! I was really, really angry. What a waste of a hundred dollars!

Comment

Originally posted by joshendy View Post
        Did you get ripped off like I did? Brought it for $200 NZD and after two weeks I received it in the mail, went onto 1-day to see that they had it on again but this time for $100 NZD! I was really, really angry. What a waste of a hundred dollars!
        Yip I paid $200 for it, and like you it took two weeks to come. I didn't see it re-advertised though, that is a tad annoying (to be polite)

Comment

Nextbook 7P tablets on clearance at Big Lots--$79.99

I swung by my local Big Lots with the intention to pick up one of the resistive screen models. As luck would have it, they also had a dozen or so YF1211's marked down to $79.99...SCORE! Now that I've done even more homework and discovered this ROM, I'm totally psyched! Thank you Finless!

Comment

ICS on YF0911 tablet

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            CONFIRMED by a Yf1211 older Nextbook 7P users.

This hardware IS the older nextbook 7P and this ROM I made works on it. Cannnot confirm if it works on other Yf0811, 1011, etc yet. Users will have to report back.

Bob
            I installed this rom on my tablet but there were too many problems to leave it installed. Onscreen buttons didn't work in the Netflix app. Skyfire and Maxthon browsers' menu screens wouldn't stay open. Skyfire no longer would play videos. Flash worked worse than in the original Nextbook 2.3 rom. Opera mobile 12.0 wouldn't go to any web page typed into the url box. The stock video player wouldn't play a Mp4 file. Various streaming audio apps worked fine. I installed the Finless 0911 test rom and modified the build.prop file per a helpful post from a while ago and the tablet works great. Thanks to everyone involved with improving this tablet's performance. Chuck

Comment

WiFi problems

Hello Bob,

A few months ago I bought a tablet called I.T.Works. The type was TM701.
              This tablet is original running Android 2.3.1

After doing some research in Google I found out this is the same tablet as a
              NEXTBOOK 7 Premium = Yifang M7 = I.T. WORKS TM701.
              The reason I was searching was to root the tablet and add Google Play Store to it.
              So I found your website ... www.freaktab.com

My tablet is exactly the same as in the post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ook-7P1N-w-ICS (no hardware buttons, exept the power button).
              Therefor I tried to use the ROM version provided in post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...nd-Google-Play
              After installing everything is working except the WiFi. It seems that the driver is not the correct one. Does this sound familiar?
              Maybe that the Wifi driver is a little different for Android 2.3.1.

Thanks in advance! Dion

Comment

Thanks

Hey, I just joined this forum for the sole purpose of purchasing and rooting the Next7s from big lots. You guys made it so easy. I was all set to return this and go with the nexus 7 for $199 from google but this made this a great deal.

I already have plans to pick up a few more as they become available for my office.

You guys

Comment

No Google sync after first reboot

Posted in the other forum but no responses so i'm trying in thread...

Ok so i loaded this on my YF1211 NB7P today and everything went well and it booted up and looked good.
                  I was able to setup the wifi and connect to my router no problem during the setup wizard initial install on boot.
                  I can setup my google account and get to the play store and even updated a few of apps (superuser, astro, youtube)
                  During the initial setup and use the wifi icon is blue.
                  After the first reboot the wifi icon is no longer blue but gray and there is no connection to googles services.
                  Using the web browser you can browse the net without any problem that i can see.
                  Toggling wifi does nothing to help get back google services connecting again.
                  I've even reloaded a second time with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas what may be happening?

thanks for your help in advance....

Comment

Originally posted by Shrubby View Post
                    Posted in the other forum but no responses so i'm trying in thread...

Ok so i loaded this on my YF1211 NB7P today and everything went well and it booted up and looked good.
                    I was able to setup the wifi and connect to my router no problem during the setup wizard initial install on boot.
                    I can setup my google account and get to the play store and even updated a few of apps (superuser, astro, youtube)
                    During the initial setup and use the wifi icon is blue.
                    After the first reboot the wifi icon is no longer blue but gray and there is no connection to googles services.
                    Using the web browser you can browse the net without any problem that i can see.
                    Toggling wifi does nothing to help get back google services connecting again.
                    I've even reloaded a second time with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas what may be happening?

thanks for your help in advance....
                    M726HCD1801
                    USING Finless Bob Root v1.2
                    OR nextbook7p1n_root_gplay
                    ROOTED, to ANDROID: 4.0.3 FROM 2.3.1
                    WI-FI PROBLEM AND WITHOUT MAC ADDRESS FOUND.

Comment

Working...
                    X