Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS968 board version 3&4 with MTK wifi NEW ROOTED 20140313 ROM (My first one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hdmi blanking 1080p modes

Originally posted by hardlyworthit View Post
    Yes I definately don't have that problem. I am using the rom from this thread - PM dracosc22679 if you don't have it. No other kernels or anything.
    I have the same number on my board

I have used it at 1080p 60 and 50 and 720p 60 and 50 and not seen any problems yet.
    My board has the mediatek chipset.

I would reblow the rom and try another HDMI cable if you haven't done already

Hello All,

the screen blanking in 1080p (60Hz and 50Hz) is (my personal experience) related to a sub optimal timing on the hdmi bus, generated by the Android TV-Box.
    Some TV`s are very sensitive to the hdmi timing / signal like the Sony from my girl friend.
    1080p is not possible, lots of blankings occur (step down to 720p and every thing is fine)
    My Samsung at home is more relaxed and it plays the 1080p modes without the nagging blankings.

That points me to the following statement:
    1) the hdmi hardware of the Android TV-Box is may be not so perfect...
    2) the register settings for the hdmi hardware is not as good as it should be (maybe this could be solved by a modified firmware)
    CS968, HTC-T018-V4, 20131216, MT5931SA, MT6622N

Comment

Originally posted by Holli View Post
      Hello All,

the screen blanking in 1080p (60Hz and 50Hz) is (my personal experience) related to a sub optimal timing on the hdmi bus, generated by the Android TV-Box.
      Some TV`s are very sensitive to the hdmi timing / signal like the Sony from my girl friend.
      1080p is not possible, lots of blankings occur (step down to 720p and every thing is fine)
      My Samsung at home is more relaxed and it plays the 1080p modes without the nagging blankings.

2) the register settings for the hdmi hardware is not as good as it should be (maybe this could be solved by a modified firmware)
      I had the same problem with some Sony TV!!!
      Any idea for fix?

Comment

hdmi blanking 1080p modes

Sorry, in the moment I have no solution how to overcome this issue.

Maybe some ideas

-- this blanking problem is very common in this forum, it could be possible that a member with a closer knowledge of the resolution settings find a way to run the hdmi hardware with different settings.
        -- -- if not under Android, maybe under Linux

At the end it is "possibly" only some code change, but that is more easy written from my side then implemented from the rom cookers.

A very simple way to overcome is to test different roms (don´t care about working wifi) as long as we found some with no blanking issues. Then we could try to figure out the differences and maybe a fix could be written.

So I will test from time to time other roms but I have only limited access to the Sony from my girlfriend and believe me I will not stress my relationship

By the way clapping hands for you and the other custom rom cookers...
        CS968, HTC-T018-V4, 20131216, MT5931SA, MT6622N

Comment

Sorry, in the moment I have no solution how to overcome this issue.

Maybe some ideas

-- this blanking problem is very common in this forum, it could be possible that a member with a closer knowledge of the resolution settings find a way to run the hdmi hardware with different settings.
          -- -- if not under Android, maybe under Linux

At the end it is "possibly" only some code change, but that is more easy written from my side then implemented from the rom cookers.

A very simple way to overcome is to test different roms (don´t care about working wifi) as long as we found some with no blanking issues. Then we could try to figure out the differences and maybe a fix could be written.

So I will test from time to time other roms but I have only limited access to the Sony from my girlfriend and believe me I will not stress my relationship

By the way clapping hands for you and the other custom rom cookers...
          Thanks..... Geetting ready for a rooted 4.4 KitKat rom 720p and 1080p!!!
          Just give me some time!
          I also have a very nice XBMC custom version working PERFECTLY on 4.2.2 rooted roms!
          Just give me some time please! Very stressed these days!

Comment

Just to say the
            CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4

works very nicely on my HX8-C (HTC-T018-V4)

Many thanks

Comment

Yes I definately don't have that problem. I am using the rom from this thread - PM dracosc22679 if you don't have it. No other kernels or anything.
              I have the same number on my board

I have used it at 1080p 60 and 50 and 720p 60 and 50 and not seen any problems yet.
              Perfect!! That gives me a sigh of relief that nothing is wrong with my TV box. I did conclude that the other day when D33's 4.0 Kitkat kernel worked without blanking for almost an hour or more. That gave me some assurance that this might be something to do with the kernel not perfect with my TV box's HDMI.

I have tried many other ROM/Kernels; so far D33's Kitkat 4.0 seems to do it but has got other issues which I mentioned in another thread (no LAN/need for OTG to be connected always).

So still waiting for that magical kernel to be released...
              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Just to say the
                CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4

works very nicely on my HX8-C (HTC-T018-V4)
                Can you link to the ROM and kernel that you are using?
                Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

This makes perfect sense and no wonder, I am having this issue with my TV being HiSense (chinese brand ). TV has not given problems with any other device (xbox, ps3, roku, laptops, tv stick etc) that I connected.

720p also does also gives blanking; however the frequency seems depends on the kernel being used.

And yes, I believe some custom modifications will be required in the kernel to make my TV happy. I would start with D33's v4.0 kernel, if I knew where to start
                  Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

D33's Kitkat v4.0 is near perfect, with regards to blanking. I would start there if somebody can give me some hints into the source code/compiler to use...(I am into IT, so can play around with this in my spare time).
                    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                      Can you link to the ROM and kernel that you are using?
                      Please see Holli's post above called
                      CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4

I hope Dracosc22679 can work his magic on this Rom - I find that the video jumps a little bit every few seconds which is what happened with the original Rom that came with this box.

Comment

Please see Holli's post above called
                        CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4

I hope Dracosc22679 can work his magic on this Rom - I find that the video jumps a little bit every few seconds which is what happened with the original Rom that came with this box.
                        Yeah, found it last night and its awesome!! I wrote my comments in the new thread of pincer for this ROM here .

I did not notice the video jumps..which player and was it local video or online?
                        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                          I did not notice the video jumps..which player and was it local video or online?
                          After spending some time with it I don't think it does have any video jumps or stuttering. It was just the BBC iPlayer app which is just nowhere near as good as it is on the Roku - but Youtube is fine.

Enjoying the chinese app.. what ever it is...

Comment

I need that, please share to me

Comment

Custom rom 4.4 KitKat for MTK

Hi,
                              Are you doing some progress with the custom rom KitKat 4.4 ?
                              I would really like to try that, I have downloaded the official ROM and running it now, but it seems to be little bit slow playing some videos and streaming.
                              If you have one ready pleasy send me the link to download
                              Best regards
                              Pejochto

Originally posted by dracosc22679 View Post
                              Thanks..... Geetting ready for a rooted 4.4 KitKat rom 720p and 1080p!!!
                              Just give me some time!
                              I also have a very nice XBMC custom version working PERFECTLY on 4.2.2 rooted roms!
                              Just give me some time please! Very stressed these days!
                              CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                              CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                              HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Hi All,

in the lines down under is a link to an official kitkat 4.4.2 Rom for the boxes with Mtk chipset.
                                That gives >dracosc22679< the possibility to cook the next good rom for us...

The first start of the rom took a while but then bluetooth and wifi was working.

Hope that info was helpfull

CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4 - Finally

Here's the link, but I don't know which board version, still download it..,

Official News from here
                                download link here 20140419

Cheers
                                here's some noted changes,
                                - it's stock rom so not rooted,
                                - kernel is 720p
                                - beyond xbmc is pre-installed
                                - many 3rd apps
                                - free internal memory is 1GB now, (4.2.2 is 1,9GB)
                                - nand flash (internal sdcard) 5,3 GB now, (in 4.2.2 is 3.9GB)
                                - HDMI is by default set to 1080p 60Hz
                                - "SMART BOX" boot animation
                                - Device known as CS968M,

to root it you need kingoapp
                                please follow tech1 and its people who help write the procedures in his thread here

my device is cs968 - htc_t018 v.3 board 201311?? (forgot the date), MT5931 wifi and MT6622 Bluetooth.

Here is the link to the original forum thread -->

Is it compatible with T018 V4 board? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X